Purple stems

Tsilo

I have two plant and ones steams are purpling leaf stems are purple also. same environment sane feeding, what may cause problem? its growing alower also. maybe problem in soil? not aerating good or something

Could be genetic. Could be a magnesium def. Hard to say without more pics and information. My seedlings did that in my dwc tub. i had only 80ppm nutes in them.. raised it to 200 then a bit later at 300. purple is gone. Now they are growing freakishly fast and big. what kind of soil are you using? Using any nutrients?

Nothing wrong with purple, Tsilo. Why purple shows up can be a number of factors, mainly ancestral genetics and a cold spell that kills off some of the chlorophyll.

This is why bushes and deciduous trees turn color in the fall. The chlorophyll diminishes, showing the real color of the plant.

Purple is not a disease. Brown and black are. ;)

I'm pretty sure it's magnesium def. genetics are same but only one plant has purple stems. I use local bio nutrient and just now turmed it to 11-25-11 nuts for flowering
IMG_20161214_113136418.jpg
IMG_20161214_113126593.jpg

now I don't have much options of fertilazes locally we have problems with getting good stuff, whats alternative ways of curing mag def.

now I don't have much options of fertilazes locally we have problems with getting good stuff, whats alternative ways of curing mag def.

Epsom Salts. Use 2 Tablespoons to a gallon of water. Epsom salts are really cheap and you can find them in the first aid section of your grocery store.

so basically if I get any mag nutrient it should work right? here's no cal-mag or fancy staff like that :D

so basically if I get any mag nutrient it should work right? here's no cal-mag or fancy staff like that :D

Nope, no fancy sh**. That is why I recommended Epsom salts, because it is VERY INEXPENSIVE and available any where. Of course, if you want to spend 5 or 10 times the price just because it's labelled as a plant nutrient, you are welcome to do that. ;)

nutrient I use for flowering is npk 11-35-11 and has 2% magnum, is it enough or should I add more mag?

nutrient I use for flowering is npk 11-35-11 and has 2% magnum, is it enough or should I add more mag?

No, you do not need to add more. I could not tell without seeing the flowers how far into flower they are. If they are in mid flower or later, it is natural for the plant to use up her leaves. They will yellow, then shrivel up, then drop them. Adding a lot of nutes too late into the process will be a waste, since she will not use them, but will use what she has stored in her leaves.

I would not worry about deficiencies in flower. You aren't going to get any more meaningful growth or leaf replacement. Her job is to produce flowers, and that is all she will do till the end of her life..

Now the one in the background with the yellow edged leaves DOES look like a deficiency, if it is in veg. If it is in flower, again, just let her do her thing.

it just started flowering so I guess I'll leave it alone 2%mag will work hopefully thnx for help

If you have taken good care of her in veg, and she went under flower healthy, then what you are giving her will be fine till late flower, then you will stop feeding nutes, and give only water.
:thumb:

what is wrong with this plant. It's under cfl's and this 1 cfl is kinda broken low light and probably blinking really fast not noticeable by eye maybe inconsistent light caused this?
IMG_20161215_121612114.jpg

potassium deficiency ? it's not light burn it's under cfls and I'm feeding 11-25-11 so there is enough potassium I think, it has small nutrient burns should I stop feeding nuts and just give water? I use regular tap water dont have ph regulators so what's your advice?

Tsilo, follow your gut feeling. If you have eliminated possible causes, then what is left is the answer.

You should not be giving your young plants too many nutes. Too much of a nute will lockout it's companion nute. So, if you're feeding more than once a week, Flush her and give only water drenches, alternating with dry spells (pot feels light) for a week, then start your nutes once a week at 1/2 strength.

Less is more with cannabis. :) The condition of the new leaves will tell you when you have your nutes dialed in.

IMG_20170102_154641836.jpg
IMG_20170102_154626488_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170102_154502842.jpg
IMG_20170102_154450263.jpg

so It's been 2 month and 1 week from seeds and It's having some problems it's stretching and don't have more space also it should flower pretty good for now I think but It only has couple of white pistols coming out should I switch to 12/12 maybe it's bad genetics? when should it start making good buds?

It will start making good buds soon. You have to switch to 12/12 first. 2 weeks after 12/12 buds will come.

Switch to 12/12, count 57 days. Then harvest.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom