Dark versus light green leaves

There is no such thing as a small flush. You either wash the salts and the built-up nutes out of the soil, or it's not a flush. We have found that it takes around three times the volume of the container of fresh water to accomplish this task. If you use warm water it helps to dissolve the salt a little easier and a little less water could be used. Fox farms also has a product called sledgehammer that helps dissolve the salts and again needs less water for a complete flush.

Some people claim that if you water to 20% runoff each time, that you don't need to flush, but this is a mistake in math. It would take 15 waterings at 20% runoff to equal the amount of water going through in a proper 3x flush.

There is no such thing as a small flush. You either wash the salts and the built-up nutes out of the soil, or it's not a flush. We have found that it takes around three times the volume of the container of fresh water to accomplish this task. If you use warm water it helps to dissolve the salt a little easier and a little less water could be used. Fox farms also has a product called sledgehammer that helps dissolve the salts and again needs less water for a complete flush.

Some people claim that if you water to 20% runoff each time, that you don't need to flush, but this is a mistake in math. It would take 15 waterings at 20% runoff to equal the amount of water going through in a proper 3x flush.
Since I prepped soil with Nature's Living soil will this kind of a flush destroy all the microorganisms?

Since I prepped soil with Nature's Living soil will this kind of a flush destroy all the microorganisms?
Even if it were possible to somehow sweep away half of the microbes in your soil, as fast as they reproduce, 20 minutes later you would have twice as many and 20 minutes later four times the amount, until they reached the point where they were competing against each other for food. If microbes were that easy to eliminate there would be no need for chlorine or any other antiseptics, we would just sweep them away. But a flush is also a very non-violent process especially deep down in the container and the flow of that water can easily be resisted. There are also many many places for the microbes to hide such as in the holes in the perlite and in the other organic materials in the soil. Flushes have been done since mankind started growing in containers, and if it was harmful in any way, no one would recommend doing it.

I just wanted to share what is going on. One of the plants I think does look better. One appears to be worsening and one is about the same. The worsening one I believe is in one of the pots with poor drainage. I used big flower pots and I think 2 of them had poor drainage with one hole in the center bottom. So this morning I took a hammer to the bottom of the pot and broke some pieces off so drainage could be better. No water came out but soil is very wet in two of the plants. The one that is doing much better is in a plastic pot with a lot of drainage. Maybe I did not use enough perlite in my soil mix.

I also did a foliar spray with water this morning.

For my next run I will be using fabric grow bags. I am considering transplanting the one I didn't break but I still just may ride it out for 3 weeks. I hope anaerobic bacteria and rotting doesn't occur. I am a bit over 6 weeks into flowering. I will get out my microscope this weekend and see what the trichomes look like.
I am a bit disappointed since I was doing so well up until a couple weeks ago, but I believe I should still have in okay harvest.
PXL_20230127_115851843.jpg

Back
Top Bottom