Decarboxylation: Your Opinions, Thoughts And Methods!

Outragedpluto

Hello :420:
How is everyone this fine Sunday!!! I would have to say i am doing fantastic!!

I brought you all hear today(or whenever you come around (; ) to discuss Decarboxylating Cannabis. THe first time i saw this method i was very skeptical. "Put you bud in an over!!!" they would say. Ha that seems like a newb thing to do to speed dry you freshly harvested bud. But then i did some more research, and what i found has been incredible. I love how much science is coming out on cannabis now that we can legally study it!!

So what is decarboxylation?? The definition for www.biology-online.com is the process of removing a carbon group. This means a chemical reaction takes place in which carboxylic acids loose a carbon atom from a carbon chain. Doing this turns the very abundant THCA (Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid) into the beloved THC(Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol). THCA will naturally turn into THC overtime during the curing process. But people take fresh trim and turn it into hash right when it comes off the plant, so this process is needed to make the hash as strong as possible.

As for how to do this process. I have seen so much conflicting data on this part its not even funny. The most recent information came from what i would call a reliable source. The process is as follows:

-Preheat oven to 240 degrees Fahrenheit with pizza stone
-Put cannabis in oven
-Bake for 30-60 min (depends on moisture)
-Take out of oven and let cool
-Make what ever you want.

Like i said i have heard many ways of doing this. I am looking for 420 members input on this one. What is you method, opinion, and thoughts of this process???

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!

And thank you :420: for allowing us to have these kind of discussions!!!

I "activate" my tincture making materials in 300degree oven on a cookie sheet for about 4min.

But your not burning tincture like hash or flowers... So hmmmm...

EDIT: putting bone dry trim and buds in oven, never tried this with fresh

We used to decarb when we were younger but we didn't know what or why we were doing it other than we wanted to turn wet leaf and crap that we scrounged up into a usable product. 300 degrees for 10 minutes and wouldn't you know that leafy crap got us nice and toasty!

I've never knowingly decarbed, but my buddy and I use those magical butter machines and they seem to do it all for us. Our results are far better than when we used to cook old school with no decarbing whatsoever.

Magicalbutter machines, :thumb:

I have never decarbed and my butter, oils, tinctures, medibles are highly welcomed.

For me, if you are using a heat source (my 175-200* crockpot, for butters, oils, tinctures you are decarbing anyway)

I decarb depending on the product, if its frozen trim, I go 275 for 45 minutes in a sealed bag(electric oven fluctuates 245-315)
if its fresh dry then I usually just let it decarb in the oil or honey

my biggest/improvement came when I read about soy lectine, brownies and cookies sure work better

Not sure you should go to 300 when decarbin' , thc vapes at less than 300 you will lose a substantial amount . 240 for 30 mins sound right to me

I ran my last batch at 225 for 30 minutes. Gave the wife.1 of a gram and it was too much. She usually gets drinks that have .5 gram and she drinks about a third. Si I guess it works well. Need a finer scale.

I was at a dispensary last week talking to the chef and he claims that 200 for 20 minutes is all it takes.

Hi Everyone,

I had this thought today...I have read so much about how to decarboxylate RSO and that the temp that it should be done at is around 240 to 250 degrees for 30 minutes... The problem i have seen in many post is the inconsistency in keeping that temp, but it can be done pretty easy as I see it...

What if you made your RSO like normal (whatever works for you) then take it and put it in a canning jar (top and lid of course) put that in your pressure cooker with a few inches of water and pressure cook it at 15 psi for 30 min...perfectly decarboxylate RSO

at 15 psi at 0 elevation the water boils at yes you guessed it 250.... at higher elevations you will need a slightly higher pressure adjust accordingly...What are your thoughts...another added benefit might be that the product will also be vacuumed sealed for longer storage....

Back
Top Bottom