Deep Purple in DWC

30 below here this morning!

Our Deep purple plant was sprouted back on oct 12, and bloomed on 12/14/11.
this makes her 114 days old, 51 days into blooming. She's growing some nice, but small nugs.
DSC012671stwave.JPG
DSC012651stwave.JPG
DSC012283.JPG

the 1st wave mystery girls.
age unknown, but they have been flowered once before and revegged.
they have been flowering since 12/24, so thats 41 days of blooming.

These two girls look amazing! some of the buds are up to beer can size.:slide:

I've changed a couple things recently... switched to RO, and added flora nectar.

I believe that I'm getting a little calcium deficiency, and have started adding some cal-mag.
Running about 900 ppm, 5.6 to 5.9 ph, GH keep it simple w/ proteKt, hydrozyme, and flora nectar.
DSC012931stwave.JPG
DSC012711stwave.JPG
DSC012701stwave.JPG
DSC012681stwave.JPG
DSC012691stwave.JPG
DSC012641stwave.JPG
DSC012631stwave.JPG

Our second wave of mystery girls went into flower on 1-7-11, this puts them at day 27 of flowering.
I've been tinkering with the waterfarm setup, and have modified thses two girls into an undercurrent dwc, but with a very slow current. about 20 gallons an hour will get pumped through the reservoir and the water farms. This also added lots of volume to my res, from about 7 gallons to about 16.
I have a tiny little pump, and it pumps from a 3rd bucket and into the main res. My plan was to mimmick the negative pressure setups done on a larger scale. This should keep me safe from overflowing anything with the pump.
DSC01289current.JPG
DSC01290current.JPG
DSC01291current.JPG

The girls are looking nice, with a nice layer of buds below the 430 hps.
DSC012942ndwave.JPG
DSC012791stwave_.JPG
DSC012274.JPG
DSC012262.JPG
DSC012622ndwave.JPG
DSC012612ndwave.JPG

We have everything dialed in with the recirculating system. Plants are looking happy and healthy.
We have 5 out of the six plants we are allowed flowering. I'm considering harvesting the deep purple in a couple more days, then adding the Maui and 1st place to the bloom room.

I think the deep purple is about done, and is not likely to put on much weight from here.
here she is at day 54
DSC01296_1_dp.JPG

TGA's website has flowering time listed as 65-70 in one section, and then 50-60 in another.

It's hard to get excited about the deep purple plant, when the lemon skunk next to her has more bud on a single branch.

I havn't grown the deep purple, but I would try to let her go a little longer if u can, most times you can get a lot of extra weight in the last week or so, and breeders often post their flowering times on the shorter side to boost sales. But like I said, I havn't grown the DP yet. Good Luck! and enjoy!
Peace,
NEPharmer

The Deep Purple gets to go another couple days, and I've added 1st place to the flower room.
I really need to find my perfect strain to grow, I hear that maui is so-so on potency and yeild. Maybe 1st place will be my high power high yielder.
I have easy access to TGA seeds, and centennial seeds. I can pay cash for them at the local dispensary.
Can anyone recommend one of these strains for high yeilds in DWC.
I think that some strains act weird when fed hydro, and tga's deep purple seems like one of those.

Back
Top Bottom