Found my phototron in storage!

heres a few from last night. I put a 55watt CFL 2700k on a piece of aluminum underneath the plants for the lower areas, but started to worry about soil temps and pulled it out. What do you all think? Also, judging by how long the ladybugs have been living in the tron, I am going to assume they are finding something to eat besides my cooties. Are they cannibals?
IMG_00763.JPG

IMG_00785.JPG

IMG_00795.JPG

IMG_00824.JPG

leaves are coated in sugar, and buds seem to be doing better than I expected under led's. advice anyone?

That looks fucking amazing. How much longer about? The other cfl/led grow I saw finisheed with very impressive yield. Maybe you could get led panels or extra t5s for lower light. Not really sure how cramped that space really is. Led's would produce no extra heat and it looks like the current cfls are making up for what the led lacks, won't know for sure till your plants.harveat ontime.

That looks fucking amazing. How much longer about? The other cfl/led grow I saw finisheed with very impressive yield. Maybe you could get led panels or extra t5s for lower light. Not really sure how cramped that space really is. Led's would produce no extra heat and it looks like the current cfls are making up for what the led lacks, won't know for sure till your plants.harveat ontime.

:thanks: I was thinking about another 5 to 6 weeks, i'll use a magnifier if I make it that far, and let the pro's here decide if they are ready.

I am curious if one plant would have a better/bigger yield than what I am seeing here. Those fluorecents you see on the sides of my tron are actually the old school standard 40 watt U bulbs, not the newer better biax or t5's. The cfl in the bottom was only in for one day then I got paranoid and pulled it out. Not alot of space for more lights in this thing, but led panels could possibly be retrofitted into a couple of the side doors just like I did the fans, that would be really cool, but for that kind of money, i might be thinking bigger space. :thanks: for staying on board. If you havent had a chance, look around the forums here, there are a few more led grows to watch, and all kinds of heated discussions/opinions on the products. :popcorn:

braund,

you have some cool stuff going on there I'm going to be checkin your grow out,very cool-nice plants.:surf:the right led color tones together grow good and they are getting better all the time,
now they got plasma lights and all kinds of shit,I use the old ,cfl,and hps,plus give them direct sun when possible.

thanks for that sound advice SS! will do. :yummy:

braund,

you have some cool stuff going on there I'm going to be checkin your grow out,very cool-nice plants.:surf:the right led color tones together grow good and they are getting better all the time,
now they got plasma lights and all kinds of shit,I use the old ,cfl,and hps,plus give them direct sun when possible.

thanks for the kind words! I am really excited to see where led are going here in the grow industry as well, soon (a few years) the MSRP prices will make it a +++ way to go. Just wait and see.

Still having a hard time picturing a single plant outyielding the three in my tron now, with the space available, but this noob has been known to be wrong in the past. As far as my vertical space goes, I think I got lucky now that the growth spurt is over and I am inches from the top. Thanks to all you diehards for watching my meager grow! :grinjoint:

1 plant in the tron can be trained and opened up to recieve more light, therefor should get more yield then 3 having mainly just the top buds.

my tron had 1 plant i just harvested 148g wet. its still drying now.

WOW! That really gets my hopes up. Did you rig some drainage up to your tron pot, and if not, how did you flush? Should I even worry about flushing since I didnt use any chemicals? I figured I would switch to just bottled water for the last couple weeks.
I never did understand how no drainage could work on a system like this one. Seems if one followed piraponics schedule from start to finish, at the very least, the soil should be depleted of all nutrients by the time they ask us to reveg. Congrats on your crop WeedyMcWeedWeed! I'll be visiting your thread today to study it a little closer and leave you the appropriate +reps for your advice! :Rasta:

Spike, I went ahead and added that 55watt 2700k cfl above the smaller ST plant in hopes of giving her a little extra, we'll see how it works out. I would dig out the HPS except that would defeat the purpose of what I am trying to do here.

I thought about sneaking her out, shoving her in the HPS tent for the last few weeks, putting het back in the tron, and saying "look fellas what I grew under my led ufo!!!" :popcorn: I'm convinced I would have better buds, was just hoping to get decent smoke without any HPS or MH power bills and heat issues. Thanks again for all the kind words, and interest! :cheer:

Are ladybugs Cannibals? From this link...

ladybugs - Insecta: Coleoptera: Coccinellidae

I found this excerpt ...

" Cannibalism of eggs, larvae and pupae is common, especially when prey is scarce. Larvae are mobile, and in some species (for example of Scymnus and Cryptolaemus) are protected by waxy secretions. Pupae are unprotected by a cocoon (as in some other beetles) but larvae may wander some distance from feeding sites (where they may be at risk from cannibalism) before pupating."

So, in order to survive, they can eat their young. Better they be Cannibals than eat Cannabis! :Rasta:

I was wondering about those factory panels, just couldnt justify the price. I used a holesaw for plastics, and yes, it got away from me on every attempt and left gouges and scratches all over hell. Pissed me off each time, so I went ahead and ordered some precut sheets of polished aircraft aluminum for the smaller inserts and was planning on mounting all my fans to those as well as maybe some finned heatsinks on the outside of them between the fans. I have 2 more of the thermaltake 120mm to install between grows if I remember, or have time. Back in the day (20+ years ago, we used the exact smae 20" cube fan your talking about, but ours was just sitting on top facing up backed into a closet corner. If memory serves me, it worked very well. Thanks for the kind words! :thanks:

The fan insert panels from the factory are absolutely worthless. They are way too small and they don't stop a phototron from going above 95 degrees F. Definitley don't waste money on those.

I heard you can drill lexan wit a dremel and a small grinder bit - or at least start the hole with that. From what i've been told in the absence of a drill press and plastic bit, that's supposed to stop it from slidign and gouging.

Next time I grow in the tron I plan to cut the top off and mod it with a built in black vornado fan. This should require minimal modification to the top reflector panel. However I will have to make a giant circular hole in the top to accomodate the fan. Ideally I should be able to epoxy it in without the base, stealth the wiring and seal it with clear silicone. I've been thinking about that mod for a really long time. If I find some spare time I'll do it.

BTW, for anyone wanting to drill polycarb, check out this guide from TAP: https://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/pdf/Dilling Plastic.pdf

They give you the reference rpms you need for specific size holes with plastic bits.

Are ladybugs Cannibals? From this link...

ladybugs - Insecta: Coleoptera: Coccinellidae

I found this excerpt ...

" Cannibalism of eggs, larvae and pupae is common, especially when prey is scarce. Larvae are mobile, and in some species (for example of Scymnus and Cryptolaemus) are protected by waxy secretions. Pupae are unprotected by a cocoon (as in some other beetles) but larvae may wander some distance from feeding sites (where they may be at risk from cannibalism) before pupating."

So, in order to survive, they can eat their young. Better they be Cannibals than eat Cannabis! :Rasta:

excellent! :thanks: they are pretty fun to watch too! :rollit:

no drainage.i just did straight water for a week& a half, i wanted to go 2 and half, but ended up chopping a little early.

hmmm. been wondering. Relying on the little frog water meter is kinda scarey considering how much they seem to like to drink lately. Did I read you flowered for over 12 weeks in your tron?

Next time I grow in the tron I plan to cut the top off and mod it with a built in black vornado fan. This should require minimal modification to the top reflector panel. However I will have to make a giant circular hole in the top to accomodate the fan. Ideally I should be able to epoxy it in without the base, stealth the wiring and seal it with clear silicone. I've been thinking about that mod for a really long time. If I find some spare time I'll do it.

BTW, for anyone wanting to drill polycarb, check out this guide from TAP: https://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/pdf/Dilling Plastic.pdf

They give you the reference rpms you need for specific size holes with plastic bits.

thanks for the guide! great mod idea as well. The reason I took my fan off the top was because the little fans on the top of my led ufo are drawing air in through the top and out through the little side vents, and, in my paranoid mind, the roof exhaust fan would be working against my led fans, and possibly heat things up, so I opted along the top side. Great stealth idea for yours though, hope to see pics of it when it's done! :thanks:

yeah about 12 weeks.. & could have went longer.

148.3 g wet. 34.5 g dry (no cure yet)

nice haul for sure! Do you contribute the long flowering period to the strain or the lights, or maybe both? The reason I ask is because I am just over 6 weeks into flower now, and my sweet tooth's are looking so much farther along than my urkle/BB cross in the back. Both are coming along nice, just seems the tall one in the rear is about 2 weeks behind the ones in the front. Heres a few pics and my 6 wk update. Maybe you can tell me what you think of it all. Notice how hairy the tall ones in the rear are as opposed to the cheesy nuggy ST... :smokin:
Oh, another thing, I know i know, all noobs get there panties tied up in a knot whenever a leaf starts to yellow, and they always seem to overdue everything, so this in mind, I grab my hand everytime I think i need a little more of this, or another dose of that, but grrrr...
...All my larger sun leaves are turning a beautiful autumn yellow! Usually just before they fall off. Really, all they are getting at this stage is a little steamed bone meal, FF's big bloom, and bottled water. This is ok right?
Thanks to all of you following my meager grow, and thank you 420 magazine for making this possible for me!
[/B] :ganjamon:

IMG_00943.JPG

IMG_00952.JPG

IMG_00985.JPG

IMG_01003.JPG

IMG_01032.JPG

IMG_01063.JPG

IMG_01072.JPG

IMG_01095.JPG

IMG_01124.JPG

IMG_01135.JPG

:thanks::peace:

looking good. subscribed.

thank you. most of the larger leaves on my urckle bush yellowed and fell off, so I took a few pics from the back panels for people to get a better look at the 6 pack of tops shes putting out. The smell is amazing.

this first one is looking through the right rear panel. ST looking about done IMHO on the left of the pic, and the urckle seedling on the right looking about 2 to 3 more weeks out... IMHO of course.\

IMG_01223.JPG

looking in from the left rear panel...

IMG_01185.JPG

IMG_01158.JPG

IMG_01148.JPG

thanks for looking! :thanks: :peace:

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom