Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Re: Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Thank your for your reply but can you please describe the Y and T attachments a little better? I would like to know what they do, how they work and where to get them, and I am not having any luck with google. Thanks again!!

I can try; You can pick them up at any hydro store.
You most likely have 1/2 inch on your pump.
T or Y's are spliters, they make your water go in two different
directions, one to the manifold ( dripper ) and one lay in the
bottom of the res. with a valve. When you close the valve off
some, more water will be sent to the drippers.
1 = 1/2" T or Y .50 cents
1 = 1/2" Valve ( barbed, to slide into hose ) $3.20
1 = 1/2" piece of rubber hose. .35 cents a foot.
If you deside to go this route check the pump to be sure its 1/2" fittings.
Hope it helps.:goodluck:

1/2" barbed tee:

q4755050-1.jpg

..............:surf:...............

AMAAAAAAAZING THREAD ROSEMAN~! Simply amazing! I've read many threads on many forums, and this one is deff the ultimate guide to growing cannabis with Deep Water Culture! You could probably, and should probably write a book lol. I actually followed you on [other], and yeah noticed you had tons of problems with retards posting their own grows. I'm glad I was redirected here to find the last part of your grow, I would have been totally dissapointed if I hadnt known what happened in the end, it was like reading a book. Infact I should have been reading a book for class, but instead chose to read this, took me 3 days or so, but I finished. I read from beginning to end and was simply amazed. Sorry for all that but have a few quick questions. Can you explain how you made the oil from the fan leaves, and the hash from the trim leaves? Thanks again man!

Oh and I know you said its much easier to grow in the winter, but I simply cannot wait to grow asap! I will be moving into a house in august and will start almost immediatly! You my friend have inspired me to grow, and I will use my knowledge based on your grow to grow my own! Once again ammmmmmmmmazing job!:goodjob:

Welcome al3k5! We are all here to help you. Come on over to the Deep Water Culture Home Thread when you get a chance and introduce yourself to our friendly and helpful group. Glad you are here and I hope you stick around.

Thanks guys I deff will! Although I do not plan to start my grow until August I will be visiting this forum frequently so I can keep learning more until it comes time for me to grow. I can always read more grow journals on here and learn more before I start myself.

AMAAAAAAAZING THREAD ROSEMAN~! Simply amazing! I've read many threads on many forums, and this one is deff the ultimate guide to growing cannabis with Deep Water Culture! You could probably, and should probably write a book lol. I actually followed you on [other], and yeah noticed you had tons of problems with retards posting their own grows. I'm glad I was redirected here to find the last part of your grow, I would have been totally dissapointed if I hadnt known what happened in the end, it was like reading a book. Infact I should have been reading a book for class, but instead chose to read this, took me 3 days or so, but I finished. I read from beginning to end and was simply amazed. Sorry for all that but have a few quick questions. Can you explain how you made the oil from the fan leaves, and the hash from the trim leaves? Thanks again man!

Making the oil requires the use of a flamable liquid and this site is opposed to endangering us with its use, so I can not tell you here. The use of flamable liquids here is forbidden for our safety.

The Hash from trim=
Hash Making

I am so very glad you are here.

PLEASE Visit the Deep Water Culture Home Thread when you can.

Roseman How are you? I have a question about root rot in Deep Water Culture and what you do to prevent/fix it it? I know its on here some where but i cant find it..... I just got some Hygrozyme but im not quit sure if i should start using it now, or wait until i see the first signs of something nasty starting to form..My buckets have suffered from root rot befor and i dont want it to happen again...

Any help would be awesome thank you! BlackLips

High res temps are what cause most root rot. If you keep it under 72 then you should have no problems. On the Hygrozyme, I use a 1/2 dose with every res change. It can desolve the dead roots before they cause other problems. You also might want to add about 2 tsp (10 ml) of 3% H2O2 per gallon the day before a res change as a precautionary step.

Roseman How are you? I have a question about root rot in Deep Water Culture and what you do to prevent/fix it it? I know its on here somewhere but i cant find it..... I just got some Hygrozyme but i'm not quit sure if i should start using it now, or wait until i see the first signs of something nasty starting to form..My buckets have suffered from root rot before and i don't want it to happen again...

Any help would be awesome thank you! BlackLips

Thanks for asking, I've had a heck of a month lately, two computer crashes, shingles on my hip and I fell through the ceiling, but I still Praise God for being blessed. How you doing?
and welcome to 420, Home of the Deep Water Culture.

Root Rot or Pythium comes from water over 71 degrees and not enough oxygen in the water. Maybe no air pocket between the water line and bottom of the cups, not enough air stones and most of the time too hot of water.

I just answered this in a few posts, here, look at pages 431 and 432 here:

I hope to see you around often, bro!

Back
Top Bottom