Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Re: -------'s Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

These are multi container systems for doing a larger grow.

Bucketeer_normal.jpg
how exactly are those buckets hooked up to the reservoir, do they circulate? I didn't see a return line or am i missing something? ?

Re: Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Let me jump in here and say those dual spectrum II lights from stealth hydro are awesome. They are all I use when I veg. I do one res at a time and they work great just the 2 of them. More light is better but they are all I need.

And I have seen your crops and they are awesome harvests, and very beautiful buds!
Great Post, infexion1134.

how exactly are those buckets hooked up to the reservoir, do they circulate? I didn't see a return line or am i missing something? ?

I haven't used one but I don't think they do re-circulate. Go to SH Hydroponics, Inc. and read up on them. Deep Water Culture get a 10% discount for using the word Deep Water Culture as a coupon.

I think they are simply gravity fed so you do not replenish each bucket or reservoir, only the big one.

I haven't used one but I don't think they do re-circulate. Go to SH Hydroponics, Inc. and read up on them. Deep Water Culture get a 10% discount for using the word Deep Water Culture as a coupon.

I think they are simply gravity fed so you do not replenish each bucket or reservoir, only the big one.

Yes sir!

+reps today!

:byebye: Hi peace man. Go to the diy tutorial and you will learn exactly what to do. The index page is in my signature but after you go there start at page one. You only need to read to about page 17 the rest is just people commenting.

Good luck my friend and any help you know where to find me.

Depends on the budget and how easy you want to make it on the tds meter. If budget allows you might want to pick up a couple extra dual spectrum II bulbs. Save on shipping and you can get some reflectors at HD or Lowe's and use them for side lights later (buy the good one and not the cheap one's). I'd make them the 2700k (flowering)bulbs so you can throw some power at it when it is most important. The plants can veg in the 50-50 split just fine but come flower time the more light the bigger and denser the buds will be. Also remember to get the temp/hygrometer if you don't have one. They are almost a must.

So I should get the TDS meter then? Also how many dual spectrum II bulbs should I get? These are different bulbs from the CFL's you told me to add to the setup as well? Sorry for all the questions but I am really confused. Exactly how many dual spectrum II and CFL's should I add to the setup? I am trying to put together a list of everything I need so I can purchase everything at once.Thank you gentlemen again, I am learning SLOWLY but surely!

Depends on the budget and how easy you want to make it on the tds meter. If budget allows you might want to pick up a couple extra dual spectrum II bulbs. Save on shipping and you can get some reflectors at HD or Lowe's and use them for side lights later (buy the good one and not the cheap one's). I'd make them the 2700k (flowering)bulbs so you can throw some power at it when it is most important. The plants can veg in the 50-50 split just fine but come flower time the more light the bigger and denser the buds will be. Also remember to get the temp/hygrometer if you don't have one. They are almost a must.

So I should get the TDS meter then? Also how many dual spectrum II bulbs should I get? These are different bulbs from the CFL's you told me to add to the setup as well? Sorry for all the questions but I am really confused. Exactly how many dual spectrum II and CFL's should I add to the setup? I am trying to put together a list of everything I need so I can purchase everything at once.Thank you gentlemen again, I am learning SLOWLY but surely!
Sorry for the double post

Can't wait to hear the answer on the difference between the dual spectrum ll and the regular cfl's. They seem like they are the same to me since I do own both.

AS I said, if the budget allows then get the TDS meter. On the dual spectrum II bulbs - They are special bulb that have more lumens than your average cfl. The Dual spectrum have 2800 lumens, the the Dual Spectrum 65's have 3400 lumens and the Dual Spectrum II have 4200 lumens per bulb. I'd order 4 - Dual spectrum II bulbs ( 4200 lumens per bulb). 1 veg and 3 flower. I'd use the veg and one flower during the veg cycle and use them all for flower cycle. Maybe two on top and 2 on the sides or 3 on top and 1 on the side. It depends on how your plant is growing and how tall and wide it is.

Not saying that at some point you may end up at lowes looking for more but this will get a great crop for a new grower. It could be that later you want to upgrade to something else or by that time you'l be a cfl ninja and know exactly what you want. Lots of growers like to have everything they need on hand but it is better to wait and learn to grow first and then you will figure it out on your own.

MC thanks I always wanted to know the answer to that. I have four bulbs as well and the rest are 42's but I can only use them one more grow according to you guys so then will be looking for more.

Sorry for the double post

Dual Spectrum means
Both Spectrums, or TWO spectrums, or
it means both red and blue
or
both 2700K and 6500K

In 2006, they only had 65 watt bulbs, in both Red and Blue Spectrums, and so when in 2007 they came out with 85 watt bulbs, they called them Dual Spectrum II bulbs.

Now should I tin foil the closet or go another route? Will one fan blowing on the plants be enough?

Flat white paint would be better and more reflective then tin foil with no hot spots. I have mine covered in panda film (black on one side and white on the other), white side out. I like the panda film because it's washable. Best is mylar for reflectivity but I wouldn't clean it.

Yes, one fan blowing on the plants is plenty. Just make sure it blows between the light and the top of the plants.

Roseman there is something not right with what you said. It is called the deluxe ll bulb so not really dual spectrum. They sell either red or blue so it is not a combo bulb. I think MC is correct that they just have more lumens. Check it out with your friend and let us know.

Roseman there is something not right with what you said. It is called the deluxe ll bulb so not really dual spectrum. They sell either red or blue so it is not a combo bulb. I think MC is correct that they just have more lumens. Check it out with your friend and let us know.

No one mentioned or used the words "deluxe ll bulbs", so I don't think that was talked about. All I saw was Dual Spectrum being discussed. Did I miss talk about "deluxe ll bulbs"?

and I am 100% sure that the DUAL SPECTURM bulb was a 65 watt bulb, available in either spectrum,
and later
when they added the 85 watt bulb, they called it the DUAL SPECTRUM II BULBS, which are also available in either spectrum.

And of course a 65 watt bulb has less lumens than an 85 watt bulb.

dunno he was talking about the sh ones then I got confused but still wanted to know the answer to the upgraded deluxe ll bulbs from stealth which I have a bunch of.

AS I said, if the budget allows then get the TDS meter. On the dual spectrum II bulbs - They are special bulb that have more lumens than your average cfl. The Dual spectrum have 2800 lumens, the the Dual Spectrum 65's have 3400 lumens and the Dual Spectrum II have 4200 lumens per bulb. I'd order 4 - Dual spectrum II bulbs ( 4200 lumens per bulb). 1 veg and 3 flower. I'd use the veg and one flower during the veg cycle and use them all for flower cycle. Maybe two on top and 2 on the sides or 3 on top and 1 on the side. It depends on how your plant is growing and how tall and wide it is.

So if I get the SH setup with the Dual spectrum II lights I Will have one veg and one flower light in the package correct? Then I need to add 4 extra spectrum II bulbs(1 veg/3 flower) besides what the kit comes with correct? Thanks again everyone. I have all my money to purchase the setup this weekend, now just need to save for the 4 extra lights and some seeds.
Can anyone suggest some good seeds for a first timer? I want something fairly easy and as strong as posible, I was thinking Ganja Dwarf?

Back
Top Bottom