Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Re: Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

AS I said, if the budget allows then get the TDS meter. On the dual spectrum II bulbs - They are special bulb that have more lumens than your average cfl. The Dual spectrum have 2800 lumens, the the Dual Spectrum 65's have 3400 lumens and the Dual Spectrum II have 4200 lumens per bulb. I'd order 4 - Dual spectrum II bulbs ( 4200 lumens per bulb). 1 veg and 3 flower. I'd use the veg and one flower during the veg cycle and use them all for flower cycle. Maybe two on top and 2 on the sides or 3 on top and 1 on the side. It depends on how your plant is growing and how tall and wide it is.

So if I get the SH setup with the Dual spectrum II lights I Will have one veg and one flower light in the package correct? Then I need to add 4 extra spectrum II bulbs(1 veg/3 flower) besides what the kit comes with correct? Thanks again everyone. I have all my money to purchase the setup this weekend, now just need to save for the 4 extra lights and some seeds.
Can anyone suggest some good seeds for a first timer? I want something fairly easy and as strong as posible, I was thinking Ganja Dwarf?

YES, on the LIGHTS.

Look for seeds from a Seed Vendor sponsor here at 420.

I was thinking you would only need a total of 4 lights to start. 2 that come with the system (one veg and one flower) and 2 more flower lights. Put 2 on top to start ( 1 veg and 1-flower) and add two more as side lights (2 flower).

On the strain choice - tell us more about the kind of high you like. Do you want happy, buzzy stuff or do you need some knock out pain relief? Perhaps something in the middle.

It wasn't that important. I thought rm would know since he works for them. I got the lights already and one more grow and they are in the trash.

It wasn't that important. I thought rm would know since he works for them. I got the lights already and one more grow and they are in the trash.

I know Roseman writes a newsletter for them (in return for a $50 gift certificate that he donates) but otherwise, to my knowledge, he doesn't work for them. He's just friends with the owner.

We're talking right now about how to next months certificate in the contest ;)

I don't work for them, I just do some writing in exchange for a $50 gift certificate.
Best I could do to find out about "delux ll bulbs" is go to their site and copy and paste it for you, but you can do that too. Why don't you phone and ask them, might be easier?.

Flat white paint would be better and more reflective then tin foil with no hot spots. I have mine covered in panda film (black on one side and white on the other), white side out. I like the panda film because it's washable. Best is mylar for reflectivity but I wouldn't clean it.

:yahoo: i used mylar wrapping paper from the 99 cent store you only get 4- 5 feet but it's only 99 cents+tax here in cali. i look for a solid color and use the back side which is non colored:peace:

Thank you both but like I said it isn't that important. Those bulbs will be trash soon and I will get new ones that are cheaper. I am also not going to use such big ones since they are hard to deal with.

I think it is great to use gift certificates in the contests. I personally just have no interest in stuff like that.

I still have four free movie tickets that I got last year and haven't used. They are going to expire in about a month. I bet I don't use them. I need to try to find someone that will. I don't often use coupons or gift certificates.

On the strain choice - tell us more about the kind of high you like. Do you want happy, buzzy stuff or do you need some knock out pain relief? Perhaps something in the middle.[/QUOTE]

No quite sure MC. I want a very strong high, without getting a paranoid feeling, dont know if that helps at all? I want something very potent that is my main concern, but I guess pain relief would be a plus.

Well that leaves it open. Almost anything you grow will be more potent than anything you would get on the street. I'd suggest you go to Attitude and read some strain descriptions. Paranoid feeling usually comes from a pure or at least very strong sativa high. The pure indicas as usually lights out. Sounds like anything in between would work. You can't go wrong with any White Widow and/or Northern Lights mixes. Jack Herer also has some good mixes. Skunks have been bred to a lot of things to increase yields. The Ice strains lean more to knock out but can be very calming also and powerful. Use that info as a start. It's fun to read the strain guides. At least it is for me. Like looking at the wine list of a fine restaurant! LOL!

Well that leaves it open. Almost anything you grow will be more potent than anything you would get on the street. I'd suggest you go to Attitude and read some strain descriptions.

What is Attitudes site? I have been reading and been thinking about going with either a Lowryder Easy Ryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47 or Lowryder Diesel Ryder, any suggestion between the two? Tomorrow after I buy an extra veg and flower dual spectrum light like you said the seeds will be all I need to start. Thanks again fellas, have a fun/safe 4th

Attitude seed bank. They are a sponsor here.

ATTITUDE SEEDBANK Cannabis Seeds

I've never grown either one but they are similar on their mothers side. Both will be powerful if they take on the traits of the cross. Sounds like moderately powerful without the heavy couch lock. They are short if you need that and will finish about 2 weeks ahead of a veg and flower indica dominant strain. Yield will be lower than the standards but I think they will be easier to manage.

Attitude seed bank. They are a sponsor here.

ATTITUDE SEEDBANK Cannabis SeedsI've never grown either one but they are similar on their mothers side. Both will be powerful if they take on the traits of the cross. Sounds like moderately powerful without the heavy couch lock. They are short if you need that and will finish about 2 weeks ahead of a veg and flower indica dominant strain. Yield will be lower than the standards but I think they will be easier to manage.

Ok well now I am worried do to the fact you said yield will be lower. I want something powerfull with a large yield. My SH setup is for 6 plants, I was hoping to get 6-10OZ. Guess ill have to keep looking. Im just anxious to find something good and start my first grow asap.

It's just that the lowryders are going to be small plants for the most part. Almost anything non-lowryder you put in the SH system will get you 6-10 oz if you veg for 4-5 weeks. Figure for a new grower you should be able to get 2oz per plant. I like to put 4 fem plants in the system. One on each corner. That gives them space to grow to a more mature level before you flower and room in the center holes to do your maintenance. A big girl can get you more bud.

It's just that the lowryders are going to be small plants for the most part. Almost anything non-lowryder you put in the SH system will get you 6-10 oz if you veg for 4-5 weeks. Figure for a new grower you should be able to get 2oz per plant. I like to put 4 fem plants in the system. One on each corner. That gives them space to grow to a more mature level before you flower and room in the center holes to do your maintenance. A big girl can get you more bud.

What about big buddha bubble cheese MC? Also I will need reflectors for my extra veg and flower bulb at the base of my plants correct?

That sounds like a nice strain and the Big Buddha cheese is the cheese to get from all reports. I tried to grow the Barney's Farm Blue cheese and my "strain that shall not be named" ran it over like it was standing still. Should have the power you are looking for and will be a mellow power high.

Why don't you post your question on the BH home thread. Tell them what you are looking for in the way of highs and want to grow with bubbles. There is a lot of experience with various strains on the site and many have had experience growing various strain and know the pluses and minuses of a lot of them and can help you thoughout your grow They enjoy helping new growers pick strains also. We live vicariously some times! LOL!. Most of all don't get too frustrated picking you first strain. You will grow as a grower with each and every grow. Also please know that I have not had a perfect grow yet and I'm on grow 10.

Yes you will need reflectors for the added bulbs. I like those I get from Lowe's. Not the cheap ones. That's not the place to save a couple of dollars. Also pick up a couple extenders:

Shop Pass & Seymour/Legrand Phenolic Socket Extender at Lowes.com

The base of the larger cfl's doesn't always fit into the curve of the reflectors but this is the fix.

These come in handy if you ever just want to use a couple of 26-40 watt bulbs in one reflector.

Shop Cooper Wiring Devices Dual Socket Adapter at Lowes.com bulb socket&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=dual bulb socket

you can't beat the smell and taste of the blue cheese especially through a vape the hits nice but nothing on the unmentionable you can't go wrong with barneys i you might want to check there pineapple chunk high thc cbd and a fast finisher i'm not sure if attitude stock them yet :roorrip: peace

Back
Top Bottom