Deepblue's First MMJ Grow

deepblue

Hello all,
I've been lurking these forums for quite some time, reading through countless posts and grow journals of those with a great deal more knowledge than I possess. Through the information I've gleaned from this excellent community and from my own experimentation and research, I'm confident that I'm ready to begin my first grow as a Colorado MMJ caretaker. I can only hope that through my grow documentation here I can learn more, as well as contribute to the community that has already helped me so much. So here goes!

First have a look at my very first (almost failed) aeroponics grow from back in May 2009. In hindsight, aeroponics was a horrible way for a beginner to start growing. 3+ months of time, energy, and money yielded about 1oz of near-schwag quality bud. However, no price can be put on the skill I gained from that experience. Strains are Great White Shark and Caramelicious.

0522091505a.jpg

My second grow; in soil this time with a VAST improvement, but not without issue. Strains are Great White Shark and 5 mystery plants (free seeds with an order).

1011091355.jpg

Now for my current setup. The plants growing now are Great White Shark, a strange Great White Shark phenotype mutation, LA Woman, Purple Bud, Kush, Fort Collins Gold, Swiss-XT, and a couple bag seeds. As I currently have four patients, I'm legal for 24 plants, so I haven't yet decided to keep these plants for mothers or flower them.

Here's a group shot from Feb 7th.
0207001239a.jpg

I am using FoxFarm Grow Big nutrients and CANNACoco growing medium. The potential mothers are in 1.5 or 2 gallon square pots. They are now about 45 days old - a very slow start, as you can tell. Vegging under 4ft. 4-bulb fluorescent T5, but I plan to use a 400w or 600w HPS light for flowering. Here are the pictures from today after transplanting and moving the grow into a closet a few days ago.

3 bag seeds and a Fort Collins Gold clone in the small square pots (also a house plant for my horticulture lab). Four Swiss-XT and one bag seed in the red cups.
0215001826.jpg

Big GWS phenotype in front and true GWS in back.
0215001827d.jpg

LA Woman - 3 beautiful main stems.
0215001827c.jpg

Kush - this should be interesting.
0215001827b.jpg

Purple Bud - I can't wait to see how this one turns out!
0215001827a.jpg

A group shot of the closet garden!
0212001027.jpg

I'm completely open to any questions or comments that anybody has; any input at all is greatly appreciated! Stay tuned for more updates and thanks for looking.

Nice looking setup. Sweet looking plants too....question for you. Did you top or FIM your LA woman to get the multiple tops? I may have missed it, but what kind of lights are you using? I will keep up with your grow and see how things are coming. Be good (or don't get caught).

All the plants with multiple tops (LA Woman, Kush, Purple Bud) are the unintentional result of poor cloning. Basically, the top of the clone completely died in the early stages and what you see now are surviving nodes. I may have been editing the light info when you read through, but I am using a Hydrofarm fluorescent 4 x 54w grow light.

Looking good so far deep, and your unintentional results may payoff in the long run. We have one LA Women seed going right now in our first grow. I'm looking forward to see how yours turns out! Good Luck!

Here's today's picture update. Not really anything new to report - had to move the light up yesterday because of the true GWS is getting so tall. For some reason the nodes on all the other plants are very tight together, but the true GWS is stretching like crazy.

True GWS
0218001221a.jpg

Mutant GWS
0218001220a.jpg

Kush
0218001220.jpg

Purple Bud
0218001219a.jpg

LA Woman
0218001219.jpg

Seedlings and FoCo Gold clone. Swiss-XT putting on first set of true leaves.
0218001218.jpg

Group shots
0218001222.jpg

0218001222a.jpg

A bit of news. Yesterday I got some clones from a buddy of mine: three Hash Plant, three Grape Ape, and three Alaskan Haze. Also took a cutting from the Big GWS, Kush, LA Woman, and Purple Bud as they will all be going into flowering in about a week. Also decided to change over to Fox Farms Big Bloom organic fertilizer and will be using FF Tiger Bloom once flowering starts. Is there anything else I can add to my feedings to further benefit bud growth? Here are all the pictures from today:

The clones
0223001316a.jpg

The seedlings and FoCo Gold Clone
0223001320.jpg

True GWS; getting very tall
0223001314.jpg

Big GWS; showing signs of light nutrient burn
0223001313a.jpg

Kush
0223001313.jpg

L.A. Woman
0223001312.jpg

Purple Bud
0223001311.jpg

Group shots
0223001320a.jpg

0222001334.jpg

Well everything is looking pretty damn good in the closet. The plants are all getting very bushy (and tall in the case of the True GWS) and I'm quickly running out of space in the closet. It's about time to start work on a proper grow room... Anyway, they seem to be responding well to the switch to Fox Farms organic nutrients. Two days ago I drenched the coco with an Azamax solution and thoroughly sprayed the foliage down to hopefully get rid of the fungus gnats that have begun to appear.

Tomorrow I will transplant the five large plants into pots that about twice the size of the current ones where they'll spend the rest of their lives. I'll give them until this Friday or Saturday to recover from the shock and and begin to establish some root structure in the new medium, then induce flowering.

The clones (Alaskan Haze, Grape Ape, Hash Plant, Big GWS, Kush, Purple Bud, and L.A. Woman) are all looking very good and will be a week old tomorrow. However, they do not show any signs of rooting or new growth so I did not include a picture this time. The Swiss-XT and bagseed seedlings are all rapidly putting on height, and the Fort Collins Gold clone is now finally beginning to put on new growth, although it's not all that impressive yet. That's it for now, here's the pictures!

True GWS - nearly twice as tall as the rest now.
0228001811.jpg

Kush
0228001828.jpg

Purple Bud
0228001827a.jpg

L.A. Woman
0228001827.jpg

Big GWS
0228001828a.jpg

Swiss-XT Seedlings
0228001832a.jpg

Group shots
0228001831a.jpg

0228001831.jpg

You DB....your babes are looking SWEET! Nice vibrant green and healthy looking plants. You asked a few posts earlier about nutes to add to help bud growth...we are using the same nutes you are with the addition of FF Open Sesame which is very high in Phosphorus aiding in bloom development. Can't say enough about your plants...well done!

Wow it's been a really long time since I've updated...a lot has changed! The five flowering plants are all progressing very nicely, except for what looks like some phosphorus burn on the Big GWS. I flushed it well, and so far it hasn't gotten any worse. The next generation of plants is well on its way also. It will include Hash Plant, Swiss-XT, Alaskan Haze, Grape Ape, Great White Shark (same phenotypes as the flowering GWS's), Purple Bud, and L.A. Woman.

I have also moved into a much better suited grow room. I constructed an 8'x8' room - half of which is being used for flowering and the other half for veg. I will post the current pictures in this thread, but pictures from all through March are posted in my gallery if you'd like to track the progress. As always, any input is welcome.

Big GWS

Purple Bud

L.A. Woman

True GWS

The babies

New Veg Setup

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom