Deficiencies? Help!

Hello friends. Growing under 600w boost hps. Just finished week 4 of flower (when 12/12 on), tomorrow will be day 29. And it looks like I have some problems with my Delicious black russian:
3EDE54A8-9840-40ED-B4C4-8E563B88D745.jpeg
892EF9D0-464D-407F-B3D5-3466D88439C6.jpeg
0588B69B-E6F0-44C7-B65B-4B9130F8E01C.jpeg
713C7520-11B5-4A1C-9E8C-BD3CD8CFD9E0.jpeg

First lower leaves turned yellow ( I cutted em as I was doing defoliation to most of my plants) and then I noticed ‘sharp’ leaves. I think it is pretty noticable in the photos above. And it seems like this plant grows veryy slow now....

And I have two Delicious Sugar Black Roses (one of them):
7E1A45F9-29D9-4E50-9F7D-B258AD4DE137.jpeg
D32EBCF0-0688-4FEA-801E-BAB74A27EF34.jpeg
ED23F15A-7DC0-4268-9329-DA7C56568680.jpeg

Stems turning purple and this one not defolited rose looks yellowing her bottom grow’s leaves too... ideas?

My whole garden:
39983031-15B1-47F7-AA36-224A09E0AC23.jpeg
C4695F31-1194-4412-9C04-4F1647076E1A.jpeg

Now I was giving them nutes somewhat like that onto 10l: 5ml pk boost + ~6.5ml bloom.
image.jpg

I increased dose a little, now I give pk boost 1ml on 1l and sep bloom 1.5ml on 1l.

Any ideas? Maybe cal - mag on russian?

Don’t want to mess things up, so help needed :/ thank u!
FLUSH THEM AND RE-FEED MAYBE?

Will try to fix ph first. I think flushing is the final thing to do. They just started giving stronger smell than usual. I wasn’t giving them sooo much nutes that it needs flush i believe. Let’s check ph if no good then I’ll flush...
FLUSH THEM AND RE-FEED MAYBE?

Will try to fix ph first. I think flushing is the final thing to do. They just started giving stronger smell than usual. I wasn’t giving them sooo much nutes that it needs flush i believe. Let’s check ph if no good then I’ll flush...
I was feeding normal amounts and noticed something was up,despite buds growing big,so i did a run-off and EC was 2.8. way too strong,so flushed to zero and re-fed. it worked

Too be honest your worrying too much, I wouldn't increase nutes suddenly, they look very good for 3-4th week of flower? Mabye a bit younger.
You want too start flushing about week 6-7 depending on maturity the leaves will really yellow then as the flowers suck up nutrients.
Carry on the good work

It is 5th week when 12/12 and 3rd week from first pistil I believe. Some grows faster than others, no flushing now, just phd nutes :} we’ll see how they respond :)

Yea I can tell they r roughly 3rd week from flower development. Why are you ph ing your nutes? The nutes should have their own ph buffer and if using soil it will have ph buffer in it.. If you use on chemicals you risk the chance of changing your ph level and causing all sorts of problems.
Unfortunately only speaking from experience lol.

Yea I can tell they r roughly 3rd week from flower development. Why are you ph ing your nutes? The nutes should have their own ph buffer and if using soil it will have ph buffer in it.. If you use on chemicals you risk the chance of changing your ph level and causing all sorts of problems.
Unfortunately only speaking from experience lol.
My water with nutes is roughly 7.5ph so I don’t think thand ph downing will harm them? I will try on russian and rose first though...

I don’t have how to meassure EC :/
buy a nutrient wand and it will guide you. very easy to use. buy a bluelab make for the most reliable on the market. When first feeding,go for 1.2 to 1.4 EC to start. Do not feed if your medium has nutrients in it. Do run off to test EC before feeding

buy a nutrient wand and it will guide you. very easy to use. buy a bluelab make for the most reliable on the market. When first feeding,go for 1.2 to 1.4 EC to start. Do not feed if your medium has nutrients in it. Do run off to test EC before feeding

Ill pass that wand, my whole setup costed about same price lol. We’ll start with simple things - ph. If no good then will need to look for answers. Let’s hope it’s ph. :)

My water with nutes is roughly 7.5ph so I don’t think thand ph downing will harm them? I will try on russian and rose first though...
Try too get your feed too ph7, If you drop it lower you do risk the chance of changing the soils natural ph level..
I feed ph7 water from tap with 80ppms and never have a problem, my nutes make the water ph6.5. I did before use ph down at 6.5 and it ruined my soil, ended up with ph 5.
I don't believe in ec run off it don't show anything because you don't know what's going on in the soil.
Measure ec/ppm before feed and asking as your soil ph is between 6.5 and 7.5 you don't have any problems so why change anything?

I phd water and nutes to about 6-7ph, not less! Gave all my girls new feeding 1/2 recommended nutes I believe. Bow let’s hope for tomorrow :D btw my soil ph 7-8.5 :eek: after feeding when wet it was ~7. I am not in hurry to drastically change environment, let’s wait and see, I hope they will thrive :3
596F1A6B-8917-4511-825C-891BB38B8B53.jpeg

And puuuuurple ninja :eek:
1219ABC9-86F4-41BE-BCFF-B5ECA63A9A5B.jpeg
5E57F405-4CC6-4B7E-BC36-3444D06586DE.jpeg

Ok the plants look fine. Yellowing leaves during flower is completely normal and natural specially down low like you had.

First thing I saw was you mentioned DEFOIL. Why are you doing that at this stage?

There's a thing plants do called "translocation", it's how the plants use stored up energy and nutrients that are in those fan leaves.

At some point in the plants life cycle the plant will turn off the valve in the petiole (stem) that allows nutrients to flow into and store in those leaves you are cutting off.
Then when the plant wants to make flowers (and seeds) that stored energy now goes back to the plant to build flowers. That's how it happens naturally.

The one thing I notice with all the plants here are all the lush green leaves. I prefer big flowers and not tons of leaves. Once the plants flowering like this, you're going to start loosing those leaves for the reason I mentioned. Let it happen or you will end up with small flowers but lots of leaves you're not going to do anything with other than compost.

That all said...been growing in soil for a VERY long time and I don't do any PH testing. The PH in the soil is in a constant change. The reason is the soil microbes (that you are killing with the PH up/down stuff) work in a symbiotic way with the plants roots. The plant tells the microbes what nutrients in needs via root exudate. This exudate is PH regulated by the plant and is dynamic, meaning its constantly changing. By trying to regulate your PH you are battling the plant and its health.

Cannabis is a weed, it's gonna grow pretty well without a lot of intervention.

Instead of feeding the plant, think about feeding the microbes instead. The microbes feed the plant. The plant tells the microbes what food it wants.
PH of the root exudate is a part of that symbiotic relationship.

I pay very close attention to the quality of the water I water my plants with.

I filter my water and it's PH is ALWAYS 6.5. I don't test my soil PH except when after my mix my soil, I send a soil sample off to be tested and PH is part of that test and its minor. I don't worry about it unless its way high or way low. Eventually the microbes adjust the PH for a happy life.

Ok the plants look fine. Yellowing leaves during flower is completely normal and natural specially down low like you had.

First thing I saw was you mentioned DEFOIL. Why are you doing that at this stage?

There's a thing plants do called "translocation", it's how the plants use stored up energy and nutrients that are in those fan leaves.

At some point in the plants life cycle the plant will turn off the valve in the petiole (stem) that allows nutrients to flow into and store in those leaves you are cutting off.
Then when the plant wants to make flowers (and seeds) that stored energy now goes back to the plant to build flowers. That's how it happens naturally.

The one thing I notice with all the plants here are all the lush green leaves. I prefer big flowers and not tons of leaves. Once the plants flowering like this, you're going to start loosing those leaves for the reason I mentioned. Let it happen or you will end up with small flowers but lots of leaves you're not going to do anything with other than compost.

That all said...been growing in soil for a VERY long time and I don't do any PH testing. The PH in the soil is in a constant change. The reason is the soil microbes (that you are killing with the PH up/down stuff) work in a symbiotic way with the plants roots. The plant tells the microbes what nutrients in needs via root exudate. This exudate is PH regulated by the plant and is dynamic, meaning its constantly changing. By trying to regulate your PH you are battling the plant and its health.

Cannabis is a weed, it's gonna grow pretty well without a lot of intervention.

Instead of feeding the plant, think about feeding the microbes instead. The microbes feed the plant. The plant tells the microbes what food it wants.
PH of the root exudate is a part of that symbiotic relationship.

I pay very close attention to the quality of the water I water my plants with.

I filter my water and it's PH is ALWAYS 6.5. I don't test my soil PH except when after my mix my soil, I send a soil sample off to be tested and PH is part of that test and its minor. I don't worry about it unless its way high or way low. Eventually the microbes adjust the PH for a happy life.

I don’t worry about defol too much, I read lots of theories and etc. about defoil and when tocut and how plants reacts and there is always two opinions. + it opens more bud sites, better control over humidity. But to be fair I only try to cut those yellowing leaves and only those shading leaves (but it was time ago), some tend to do their final defol on day 42 and so... just have to check on nutes. :D i am not harming them anymore anyway, just dying leaves. I did one watering with ph down and it looks like it worked. I grow in soil + coco + vermi + perli so this mix, maybe cock interfering with others gives me some problems. As far as I understand it is better to go a lil acidic than alkaline, now I have ph feom 5.8 (very bottom) to 7 (top), so I think it is +- perfect range. Will do feeding without ph downor next time and will check how they’ll react. Just finished wk 5 and some pics of today:
83D20000-8EFA-4501-A7F2-65DC8D9AA792.jpeg
841B6D95-BBEC-4F16-8742-90946403CC28.jpeg

What size pots are you in?? They look pretty small #2 or #3?? Root bound will cause plants to yellow and necrosis on the leaves too.

On your defoil, I don't do it and generally keep my hands off the plants. The plants like me better that way.

So you mention day 42 in flower. That's about the time when the plants are beginning to start using up the fan leaves for the stored energy they supply the flowers for the run down to the finish. We just let them yellow (sorta like fall colors on trees) and they fall off naturally.

It's actually helpful for the plants and your final product. Try it on a few plants and see what happens??

Day 36 today I believe. I am not defol for more. This is pretty much it, I’ll let em fi ish like they are now. Will take few pics later today. Pots are 12l, but I think it is about 10l of soil in each..

Day 37 when 12/12. All pistils still white. Some of plants showing brown hairs, but overall I’d say all pistils r white. I uploaded a picture of Sugar Black rose. She’s pretty big and phat, but thise leaves :x let’s hope she won’t die. :D delicious site says 7-8 wk or 50-55 days to flower. Should I worry about that? Another rose is beautiful. Green ninja yellowing, but she’s purple and very big :D some pics:

89254E70-6538-45E2-8006-AAE2CB34A625.jpeg
B8F56F7F-1118-4CEF-8BCC-BC72E8F07D6F.jpeg
E7AD677B-ECDE-4B5E-B591-24BB2D9AE045.jpeg
8B36BEBA-BF8D-4E6C-AE44-59DE956D5818.jpeg
22145EBC-6010-483D-B2B3-FD021BD13329.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom