Defol or not defol?

spliffas

Hello friends. Me again. I am into 20d when 12/12. Started defol when ~5 day into flowering. Was doing defo whole two weeks every other day by cutting 3-5 leaves each plant only rose third from left recieved bigger defo before 3 days. Now as i said i am 20d when flowering and thinking should i do final defolation on day 21? You can see how my girls looks:
881F5CE6-F44B-4AD7-897E-B7A4619EEBFC.jpeg
7F5AAF51-46CE-4AF9-9E93-06B99CBA3E03.jpeg
BD0CC1C9-0DD6-4C73-9690-F568D3D8FBAB.jpeg
E8752EB7-1C41-4A98-9F12-8378A8F2BD30.jpeg
6291B122-B192-4B0C-8486-054D880F7905.jpeg

Diesel drift - sugar black rose - sugar black rose - diesel drift
Green ninja - black russian - thc bomb

BTW what do you people think will I achieve 300g of dried bud? (think)

Honestly I m a fan of defo even outdoor! But your plant are not that tall and even so no need of defo here IMO as buds are pointing toward the lights and I don't really see anything hiding to much the lower part. Your plants look great let them do their life :goodjob:

If you are growing indoors, you are already facing a rather big lighting disadvantage, so we must do things like fan leaf clipping to lessen that disadvantage! Oh sure, you could pull, tuck n' tie all them fan leaves, but fan leaf clipping to me isn't just about light penetration, it also allows for more air to flow through the entire plant thus avoiding unnecessary condensation build up that could lead to some floating fungi finding a nice place to begin its nastiness!

Thanks. To be fair I was thinking to cut few leaves from that defol rose, and a few more leaves off each plant as there is some hidden buds underneath I believe. Maybe only those leaves which are on top of each other... lots of lst did on here.... but I probably stop doing it from today. I might go extreme with one plant on defolation :D maybe not. :D I am even more confused now about doing those final touches... :x

Ok I did a bit to my black russian as you can see in the photos. I only took bottom yellow leaves and some top / shade leaves whoch were shading my bud sites. Maybe any opinions on doing it to others or just leaving as it is?
C68902BE-AA96-44F7-9AB5-9BAD032C0571.jpeg
0E6AF4F3-0ABE-4A98-81A5-9F3054D3330C.jpeg

Bottom middle. Difference is noticable for sure. And I won’t harm my black russian ever again. Now I will leave her as her is. Just need more opinions. And don’t want to lose yeld. And what do u think, 300 dried achievable or not so in this grow?

There is far too much about your grow that we don't know, like tent size, light type and watts, nutrients, and even after knowing all of that it is hard to know what you will yield as phenotypes vary.

With HID it seems most growers shoot for 1gram per watt at 50 watts/ft² minimum under ideal conditions. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Only lower lever or top leves which shades buds / bud sites too??

// it is more of defol question than yeld, but you cn check my journl link on signature. If no then: 120 x 80 x 180, 4w veg 400w hps and 660w for bloom hps, thc bomb, black russian, sugar black rose, green ninja and diesel drift. Temps r under 29c and humidity 45-60%

I would have one or two fans blowing air into the underside of your plants to replace the CO2 quickly. I'd also raise the light to try and encourage some stretching.

I would have one or two fans blowing air into the underside of your plants to replace the CO2 quickly. I'd also raise the light to try and encourage some stretching.
There is one fan blowing straight under lamp and another one blowing into fans. I have 270m3/h extractor fan connected to tube and caeb filter and only passive fresh air intake. The tent is in our bedroom, so there should be pleeeenty of co2 in there. My lamp is 50-55cm away from my plants. Really worth rising? I was doing lst all the grow to make them grow horizontally like table. I might need more info onto that...

I tend to only ever defol my below canopy, you need to take a side on picture so we can see the depth of your canopy, i find the more airflow you have around the base of your plants gives not only better airflow but stops pests creating a home as easy, no more crowding of leaves all touching causing the humidity in the to have high spikes at various points of the day, it also makes your plants look a lot more cleaner and tidier, no under belly means no buds making the plant struggle due to lack of light penetrating them.

But yeah take a side picture from base of pot to max canopy height then we will see if its true leave crowdness or a big stem base structure.

I am trying not to do too much as I had some previous grows ages ago where i read nothing on internet and did what I thought ia good. After few fails I understood that less is more so I probably do this defol to all my ladies (bomb and another diesel left) and just leave as it is without touching my ladies till they finish. :) i am trying to keep my surface green so it is not possible to see floor when looking from top. :) thanks, will update my journal soon :) have a look! It is in my sig. ^^ can’t wait to smooke some buud :D

Back
Top Bottom