Defoliation question

User43

Sorry if there is a section for this, i looked and couldnt find it.

So Ive been doing as much LST as possible for a newbie like myself, and this girl is branching out like crazy.

But im finding tiny tiny branches wanting to start pretty much at every fan leaf... I feel like i certainly need to cut some of them off
as to not waste nutrients and growth on them.... but where do i draw the line? is there a certain length they need tor each to be viable?

Attachments

• 20200702_105859.jpg
    20200702_105859.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 62
If you're scrogging you want to keep growth going horizontal
If a shoot looks like it'll make it to the scrog, keep it.
If you doubt a shoot will make it by the time you're a week past flip, get rid of it
Keep filling in the scrog and when you flip, get rid of anything below it
By the time stretch is over all of your tips should be poking through the scrog and it should be completely filled in.
I like scrog, but it's too hard for me to manage with my weak back
Looks like you're already flowering, so your results might disappoint

If you doubt a shoot will make it by the time you're a week past flip, get rid of it

solid advice for pruning

If you're scrogging you want to keep growth going horizontal
Keep filling in the scrog and when you flip, get rid of anything below it
By the time stretch is over all of your tips should be poking through the scrog and it should be completely filled in.
I like scrog, but it's too hard for me to manage with my weak back
Looks like you're already flowering, so your results might disappoint

So anything under that first net i cut? Theres probably 20 shoots underneath the first net.
I think im a couple days away from needing the second one so i disconnected it to not block any light.

So im about a week past flip rn and they dont seem to be stretching that much, but i
nutrient burned her only about 3 weeks ago so it is what it is.

If you're a week past flip then you only have about 7 - 10 days for stretch.
Use that time to evaluate your garden
Scrogging requires daily inspection, introspection and adjustment to growing conditions
Look at ways of pulling new growth up and out.
Judge whether new growth will be an asset or a drag on the harvest.
From the picture you supplied, you're nowhere near needing a second screen
You need to tuck all of that top growth back under the netting and make it fill out your enclosure.
Also clean up the netting and make it tight.
Right now you've basically got a flowering plant sticking up through netting.
That is not scrog

If you're a week past flip then you only have about 7 - 10 days for stretch.
Use that time to evaluate your garden
Scrogging requires daily inspection, introspection and adjustment to growing conditions
Look at ways of pulling new growth up and out.
Judge whether new growth will be an asset or a drag on the harvest.
From the picture you supplied, you're nowhere near needing a second screen
You need to tuck all of that top growth back under the netting and make it fill out your enclosure.
Also clean up the netting and make it tight.
Right now you've basically got a flowering plant sticking up through netting.
That is not scrog

Im not necessarily trying to fill the entire tent, for the simple reason that i have cheap lights. Im shocked theyre even working at the price i paid lol. Very cheap blurples, but its my first attempt at growing. From what i heard about them they dont spread out light or penetrate well, but theres 2 of them for 4x4 so im crossing my fingers.

And how do i go about tightening the net? They sent plenty of hooks for poles.... but theres only 4 poles in the corners...

You'd be surprised that cheap blurples can accomplish.
What are they pulling from the wall?
I'v worked with that type of netting before.
What I did to get the netting tight and uniform was to afix a piece of good quality duct tape at the sides of the tent wall with a zip tie making a loop that I could use to get some pull from the sides.

You'd be surprised that cheap blurples can accomplish.
What are they pulling from the wall?
I'v worked with that type of netting before.
What I did to get the netting tight and uniform was to afix a piece of good quality duct tape at the sides of the tent wall with a zip tie making a loop that I could use to get some pull from the sides.

they claim ridiculous numbers, but combined they pull 235.
Good idea with the duct tape too i think i will go that route.

Oh man, sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

So i was excited about the duct tape and ran right over to it, it happened to be next to a couple extra support beams
for the tent that i forgot about. Now i got them on 2 sides horizontal and a bunch more hooks keeping the net nice and tight. The net definitely tugged the girl around in my haste lol. Much easier to work with now that it has tension, Thanks again @Stunned !!!

Back
Top Bottom