Deformities!

When i addressed my infestation, I used Neem Oil. Cold pressed and mixed with water and a plant based surfactant (soap) with no dyes or perfumes. It took me about 3 weeks of a weekly drenching of the tops. I cupped my hand around the top(s) and created a kind of bowl around it and flooded my hand. Effectively washing the leaves and the critters. There is an egg cycle that needs tending to. Even if you kill the current pests, there are eggs everywhere. So repeated applications would be necessary. If i wasn't growing outdoors, I would have considered Sevindust application(s) for the mites. Sevindust is easy to use. Pretty harmless to us, but kills anything that touches it. That's why outdoor use is highly discouraged. It washes away pretty easy as well.

I have never used pyrmythrin? (Spelling?)

Sounds like alot of work. That's why I just pulled em and start fresh. Hear lots of horror stories about the two spotted mite and how hard they are to get rid of.

Yeah i learned that valuable lesson early on. Lowe's just sells a stack of like 100 blades for $15. Well worth the investment and ALWAYS wash hands before cutting. Treat it like surgery. I swipe the blade with alcohol after every plant. Overkill? Not if your plants have ever become infected with indistinguishable sicknesses. Testimony-

Back
Top Bottom