Hello, newbie with a problem

bonez4man

hi there, iv grown a few times before, never in coco until this current grow. my babies are about 3 weeks in, i got 10 green gelato seeds from royalseeds and got 5 critical free. 14 popped, 9 gelato and all 5 critical all looking good. after transplanting into bigger seedling pots from the small pellets 2 of the plants seem to have developed deformities, but all others look awesome, until today. A couple of the best looking ones have sad leaves droopy like its in a dark period, each plant has had the same nutes, i did forget to use perlite in these small pots but will remember when i repot a final time, could this deformity and droops be a consequence of poor drainage and maybe a build up of salts, ill get a pick on soon, cheers guys,

Welcome to 420, bonez4man,glad to have you with us:welcome:

Post up those pics,and we'll see if we can figure out what's up with your ladies...

here we go, what a quick reply, cheers man

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    785.9 KB · Views: 261
Thanks @stoneotter - I'm pretty short on knowledge when it comes to coco-
They all look pretty good to me too,except that little one on the right with the "funny" leaves...

yea the one on the right is servilely deformed but new growth looks good from it, i water when they the pots feel like they are light enough. now im not sure if its just me or the pot did sort of feel bottom heavy, like more drainage, im really regretting not using my clay balls and perlite, i was in a grow shop yesterday and a rep from canna was in there and told me to mix clay balls in with the the coco and perlite, he obviously knows why he is talking about, but i dont recall him telling me a ratio of what he used? any ideas?

yea the one on the right is servilely deformed but new growth looks good from it, i water when they the pots feel like they are light enough. now im not sure if its just me or the pot did sort of feel bottom heavy, like more drainage, im really regretting not using my clay balls and perlite, i was in a grow shop yesterday and a rep from canna was in there and told me to mix clay balls in with the the coco and perlite, he obviously knows why he is talking about, but i dont recall him telling me a ratio of what he used? any ideas?
water every day in coco mate, coco is hydro format.
start with 1/4 strength nutrients. cal/mag additive essential also for coco.
just water until you start seeing run off, they wont drown like soil. the medium will build salts up if left to dry out however; and thus, can cause issues.
i had the start of a calcium deficiency due to (i believe) not watering to run off and too much salts building up.

otherwise the girls look alright, just thirsty lol

Welcome Bonez, in coco you want to water at least daily with 1/4 strength nutrients. If you have Calcium add 1/4 strength. Lights being to close can make some plants droop away from the light.

The other (and otter) guys have you covered on help. I'm new and don't know jack so I'm just here to welcome you.

Yeah mate as the guys have said there, quarter strength nutes to run off every day. Once the bottom fan leaves start turning yellow go upto half strength and you shouldn't need to go over that.
hi thanks for the info, it makes sense, but u say u should never need to go above half strength neuts? so why does it tell me to use what it does? general question not a sarcasticic one lol, do i ever boost to full?

Back
Top Bottom