Dehumidifier Advice Needed

Kilbarrack

Im having trouble with humidity. Its winter here & humidity is a constant 55-57% during the day & up to 87% at night. I have a 60x60cm x 5ft tent.​
Would leaving the fan on all night help? I leave the tent flap open a bit 24/7.​
Would leaving my 55w tent heating tube on all night help?​
I was thinking of buying this cheap 0.5 liter dehumidifier:​
Not sure if this "Slimline Moisture Trap" would even work:​
I havent a clue about them so I'd really appreciate some help.​

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_090924.jpg
    IMG_20181231_090924.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 75
Leave it running in an enclosed space (tent or room).

If you can use a hose for the drain line to a drain it will save you from having to consistently emptying it.

It will take lots of time to bring it down to the desired rh%.

It took mine a good 3 days to bring the basement down to 45%. But it has maintained well. Runs maybe 1-2 times a day now. It was summer and i was running 75%-80%.

Just ler her run!

Your heating tube will help. The hot air will pick up moisture, when it hits the evaporator, the cold will cause it to condense and to the drain.

Lots of wind helps. Remember this stuff grows in the tropics. The difference between indoor grow and outdoor with high humidity is lots of fresh air over the leaf surface outdoors. While relative humidity may be 75%, the humidity on the surface of the leaf is much higher. Move that saturated air off the surface of the leaf.

Very true. The fresh air I draw from outside hovers between 80 and 100 RH and I grew for years without a dehumidifier. Certain strains will be more mould prone than others, but airflow/air movement is key.

Bush Doc speaks volumes.

We get dew point every night now for the last 2-3 weeks outside. It never gets that high indoors but its close enough.

I added another fan yesterday. Moving 350cfm thru the room 24/7
Fresh air source is outdoor air.

Plants will change their leaves to take advantage of respiration/transpiration.

Proper seed selection is good too like Weasel mentioned. It's really the best solution.
Any of the equatorial Sativa I've ran don't even blink at high heat and humidity. I think they actually prefer those conditions.

Back
Top Bottom