Far too humid in grow tent

UKgrower320

420 Member
So ive had to come back on 420 to ask another question.

I'm using a 80x80x160cm tent

Running a 250w and a 300w CFl.

My indoor temps are 21.1°C and a RH of 66% with both lights running.

Outside (world temp) is 12°C with a humidity of 92% (this is extremely uncommon in my town, normally is about 50-60% Max (it was 100% last night which made the tent 80% with fans running.

I'm just wondering what dehumidifier would be more practical.

Ive got a SOG going on, ive got two autos in flowering, the critical 2.0 is at week 2 and the Glue berry is week 1, so I want to get this under control.

The first dehumidifier I was looking at was a Unibond areo 360, link below

And another is a small electric 500ml dehumidifier

So I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with either and if they actually make a difference otherwise I just better scrap the grow because putting the fans on fast only increases by 3-4%

(My thermometer is sitting under my Gelato sorbet, if I put it to the top of the tent I believe I get a wrong reading)

66% isn't too high...I ran autos in flower this winter with RH averaging 75%...(I was in a damp basement). If you expect the humidity to return to normal in a few days, save your money on the dehumidifier (and the associated outlandish electric bills)

66% isn't too high...I ran autos in flower this winter with RH averaging 75%...(I was in a damp basement). If you expect the humidity to return to normal in a few days, save your money on the dehumidifier (and the associated outlandish electric bills)

Yeah but where are you located ? I'm in the UK and this is never normal RH tbh

Yeah but where are you located ? I'm in the UK and this is never normal RH tbh
Climate chaos is real...we all need to get used to "normal" not being as reliable as it used to be. 66% is manageable...so no need to sweat it. If it gets worse you can come up with a new plan. I just saw a post that a tray of cat litter will drop humidity....sounds like a cheap and easy experiment. Dehumidifiers consume a ton of power....I had to use one once and I nearly fell over when I saw the bill.

If high humidity is unusual for your area. id wait it out till it normalises and then see what it's like and take it from there. What's the humidity like in your lounge room with heater on?

I say this cause you may be better off bringing in air from your home like i do. Much cheaper than a de-humidifier plus it has the added bonus of bringing in Co2 rich air from your living area. i have the same prob and this fixes it. Either that or an intake or a co2 bag. More than one way to skin a cat cuz

The only thing that works to bring down humidity is a good dehumidifier.
One that has a pump and empties itself with a 70 pint per day rating.

This is the one I bought 3 years ago and it's worked flawless.
I can set my humidity exactly where I want it.

20190526_110023.jpg

If high humidity is unusual for your area. id wait it out till it normalises and then see what it's like and take it from there. What's the humidity like in your lounge room with heater on?

I say this cause you may be better off bringing in air from your home like i do. Much cheaper than a de-humidifier plus it has the added bonus of bringing in Co2 rich air from your living area. i have the same prob and this fixes it. Either that or an intake or a co2 bag. More than one way to skin a cat cuz

Sorry if I misrepresent what you are saying, by lounge room do you mean what my grow tent is in because the room my grow tent is in, is what I'd class as my lounge room tbh.

As my full house heating is on, I can't give a true accurate measurement but ATM it's at

22.6°c

59% RH

In the tent with the heating on its 23.1

61%

Climate chaos is real...we all need to get used to "normal" not being as reliable as it used to be. 66% is manageable...so no need to sweat it. If it gets worse you can come up with a new plan. I just saw a post that a tray of cat litter will drop humidity....sounds like a cheap and easy experiment. Dehumidifiers consume a ton of power....I had to use one once and I nearly fell over when I saw the bill.
I'll give that a try then mate, cheers.

I tried to bring in a heater and well..... I lost 25% of each plant and leafs are still dying as we speak

Also as I'm typing this the humidity is just cloning again

Back
Top Bottom