Desperate Need Of Some Help

steveinspain

Hello, I live in south of Spain and we are experiencing a serious heat wave; it was 38 today and forecast for 43 tomorrow. I'm a new grower and don't really know what it is that I'm doing wrong. I'm hoping that some of the experienced growers out there can help me with my pathetic specimens! These were planted late April and started off very well. They seem to have stopped growing and have lost many of the leaves. I think I burned them with too much nitrogen. I flushed them and didn't add any for about 2 weeks or so. I reintroduced it on a much smaller scale (I use Biobizz Fishmix with 5 N, I had been using 10 N and about 2.5 ml per liter) I went back to the Fishmix, but almost immediately saw signs of burning again. I again flush them and the attached photos show where I'm at today (31 July). They are pretty short and don't seem to be growing at all. They are all around 70 cm, or just over 2 feet. They are not looking great and will probably start to flower in a few weeks. I'd like to salvage them if I could and get something out of them. I adjust my hard water (8+) down to 6.80-7.00. although I have tested water overflow and it's sometimes less than 6.00, 5.95 or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. The black electrical tape was a repair job after a fall in a wind storm that broke the stem in 3 places.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 152
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 147
:welcome: Steve.
You might consider larger soft pots.
Those hard pots might be holding the heat and harming the root system.
All my plants go thru a growth spurt when I up pot .
I think these plants have outgrown their containers and may be root bound.
Some fresh soil and breathing room just might save these plants.
Also move to shade during hottest part of the afternoon.
:goodluck:
@Emilya might have some good advice ?

Some look under fed and the ones with the brown leaves look burnt from to much nutrients.Feed plant 4 and 5 and flush the others with lots of water.
Thanks, photos 4 and 5 are the same plant. How much would you recommend for a feeding. I'm guess I'm nervous about overfeeding again. The other 2 I'll flush as per your advice, but when would you recommend feeding them again? Could this be why they're not growing? I appreciate your time.

:welcome: Steve.
You might consider larger soft pots.
Those hard pots might be holding the heat and harming the root system.
All my plants go thru a growth spurt when I up pot .
I think these plants have outgrown their containers and may be root bound.
Some fresh soil and breathing room just might save these plants.
Also move to shade during hottest part of the afternoon.
:goodluck:
@Emilya might have some good advice ?
Thanks for that. They are in plastic pots, I'm not sure what soft pots are?

Thanks for that. They are in plastic pots, I'm not sure what soft pots are?
These plants are in 5 gal cloth pots . The material allows the root system to breath .
During proper watering , the material allows the water to flow well thru the entire system.
During extreme heat it allows better airflow than a hard pot.
3F41AB4F-C7E3-4E8C-BBFE-8EE37D3BD11A.jpeg

Pro Mix or soil? I'm assuming not coco with the perlite....

All these factors play into what you feed.

I'm no nutrient genius, but with a bit of info, I might be able to point you in the right direction.
:thumb:

What have you been feeding? Might give us a better gauge of where to adjust...
:passitleft:
Thanks for your reply. I alternate between PH adjusted water only and then 10ml per liter of Bio Heaven, 2.5ml per liter Fish-Mix, 2.5ml per liter of Acti-Vera and recently I have added 2.5ml per liter Alga-Mix as I was informed that this would return or 'cure' the soil from the nitrogen burn. That's all. I had planned to introduce Top Max and Bio bloom once I could see they were starting to flower and change to lower N of Bio-Grow once they start flowering. Maybe you could show me the error of my ways...

Pro Mix or soil? I'm assuming not coco with the perlite....

All these factors play into what you feed.

I'm no nutrient genius, but with a bit of info, I might be able to point you in the right direction.
:thumb:
Thanks for the reply. I use Biobizz All-Mix soil. I alternate between PH adjusted water only and then 10ml per liter of Bio Heaven, 2.5ml per liter Fish-Mix, 2.5ml per liter of Acti-Vera and recently I have added 2.5ml per liter Alga-Mix as I was informed that this would return or 'cure' the soil from the nitrogen burn. That's all. I had planned to introduce Top Max and Bio bloom once I could see they were starting to flower and change to lower N of Bio-Grow once they start flowering. Maybe you could show me the error of my ways...

I was informed that this would return or 'cure' the soil from the nitrogen burn.
A simple flush with regular water will clear out the excess, then hit em with nutrients, reduced by 20% for a week or so.
See how they respond & add/subtract nutrients accordingly.

You've got a bangin' crew of knowledge around here. I'll try to direct a few of my personal gurus in this direction.

@MrSauga is probaby my "go-to" for actual nutrient dosing advice...

These plants are in 5 gal cloth pots . The material allows the root system to breath .
During proper watering , the material allows the water to flow well thru the entire system.
During extreme heat it allows better airflow than a hard pot.
3F41AB4F-C7E3-4E8C-BBFE-8EE37D3BD11A.jpeg
Thanks for that. I've found some of these on Amazon. I'll try and replant them. How much in litres would you water them and when, when they are completely light, in other words would you let you absolutely stunning ladies dry out before watering again?
A simple flush with regular water will clear out the excess, then hit em with nutrients, reduced by 20% for a week or so.
See how they respond & add/subtract nutrients accordingly.

You've got a bangin' crew of knowledge around here. I'll try to direct a few of my personal gurus in this direction.

@MrSauga is probaby my "go-to" for actual nutrient dosing advice...
Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for that. I've found some of these on Amazon. I'll try and replant them. How much in litres would you water them and when, when they are completely light, in other words would you let you absolutely stunning ladies dry out before watering again?

Thanks a bunch!
Anytime!
:high-five:

Let me scroll my rolodex for the nutrient guys & gals. I'll come back & tag em here as well.

Just couldn't think right after a huge blunt. Lemme get my head right & come back fresh. :rofl:

Thanks for the tag Preston!
Transplanting with fresh soil into the fab pots is probably a good idea Steve as mentioned above. I agree the roots are probably damaged and that's most likely the reason she stopped growing. The mix of yellow leaves from top to bottom indicates a root issue normally. The burnt leaves are most likely from the earlier overfeeding you spoke of.
Use a milder nute solution as Preston mentioned and not full strength. The plant is going to suffer a bit with the transplant so make sure you give her lots of clean water and then some nutes at the very end with the last watering.

Thanks a bunch!
If you are going to do a true water flush then use 3 times the size of the present container .
Your existing pots are maybe 10 liter pots ? Flush with 30 liters of water. Slowly.
Your problem will be drainage in your existing pots so go slowly.
Yes , MJ needs dry periods during veg. When your lower leafs start drooping , the plant is about 8 hrs from needing water. When you water , go slow . Water until you see it run out the bottom.
This entire process works much better in soft pots :goodluck:
PS. My sweet spot for dirt plants is 6.2 PH.
PPS. If ( they will ) your plants make it to flower , they will double in size during the stretch.
You might want to consider 7 gal pots ?

Thanks for the tag Preston!
Transplanting with fresh soil into the fab pots is probably a good idea Steve as mentioned above. I agree the roots are probably damaged and that's most likely the reason she stopped growing. The mix of yellow leaves from top to bottom indicates a root issue normally. The burnt leaves are most likely from the earlier overfeeding you spoke of.
Use a milder nute solution as Preston mentioned and not full strength. The plant is going to suffer a bit with the transplant so make sure you give her lots of clean water and then some nutes at the very end with the last watering.
Bro... you have no idea how much confidence it brings me to know you.

Absolute nute-guru.

Been growing for years now, but never took well to calculating the actual doses...

I stick with "I know that shit works"

I sure don't, but I'm sure you know the "why"

Back
Top Bottom