Details & Questions About the Spider COB LED Grow Light - Twilight LED

Jason, the light works well. I'm glad I have it. I haven't flowers under it yet, but for vegging, it's great.

I vegged 5 plants under a 400w MH for a few weeks. When I put them under the Spider, there was a noticeable change. The plants shifted gears.
I'm still experimenting with hanging heights, but I would not hesitate to say that this light is very competent at growing our beloved plant & medicine.

I have been looking at this Spider 4 light, would 1 big enough to run a 5 x 5 with an 8' ceiling.. The company tells me yes but I find this hard to believe..I run 1000 watt HPS and was looking in to LED .. Happy Growing..

The Twilight Groups LED Spider16 COB LED grow light would be more appropriate for a 5'x5'x8' tent. I believe that you currently should have 50 watts draw power per square foot for LED light panels.

I am currently Product Reviewing the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light in my KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review. I am currently testing the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light with 60° lenses in flower.

Thank you both for your replies, I have been looking in to LED and this site is Great for info.. I have been going back and forth with Simon from Twilight LED and explained to him that I had a 5 x 5 tent and he assured me that 1 Spider 4 would do very well.. Not sure if there is a language barrier or what . However not knowing all that much about beam angles and COB technology I think I will do some more looking as I use a 1000 watt HPS in flower and was even thinking of adding LED to that.. Thank you all for your help and Happy Growing ..

The Twilight Groups LED Spider16 COB LED grow light would be more appropriate for a 5'x5'x8' tent. I believe that you currently should have 50 watts draw power per square foot for LED light panels.

To clarify, I assume you mean the 240v full rated draw power on an LED label (with ACTUAL 110 current draw of about half that (25 watts per square foot.)
Thus the spider 16 240v rated at 1440w will meet and exceed the performance of a 1000w HPS while reducing electrical usage by over 25%.
(I know I left out some math here, but I don't want to fill the screen with numbers if I got the whole concept wrong.)

To clarify, I assume you mean the 240v full rated draw power on an LED label (with ACTUAL 110 current draw of about half that (25 watts per square foot.)
Thus the spider 16 240v rated at 1440w will meet and exceed the performance of a 1000w HPS while reducing electrical usage by over 25%.
(I know I left out some math here, but I don't want to fill the screen with numbers if I got the whole concept wrong.)

I believe that you currently should have 50 watts draw power per square foot for LED light panels. The Twilight Groups LED Spider16 COB LED grow light should have 800 watt draw power with 60 hertz and 120 volts. @Hosebomber in his The Basics Of Plant Lighting recommended a minimum of LED: 22.75 watts per square foot for vegetative growth and 35 watts per square foot for flower. The coverage area can be adjusted with hanging height and different degree COB lenses.

Back
Top Bottom