Diffences in seed banks

dba1954

if I look at specs for northern lights autos at different seed banks they are all over the place.... different THC %, time flowering, seed to harvest, yield, % indica/sativa, height etc ... they certainly aren't standardized yet they all have the same name (and yes sponsored seed banks included) ... what up?

if I look at specs for northern lights autos at different seed banks they are all over the place.... different THC %, time flowering, seed to harvest, yield, % indica/sativa, height etc ... they certainly aren't standardized yet they all have the same name (and yes sponsored seed banks included) ... what up?
Its the way genetics are. You can run 10 of the same plants from seed, and all ten can be different. Breeder descriptions are vague and general at best. Just pick a reputable breeder/seedbank and dont worry about #'s.

Its the way genetics are. You can run 10 of the same plants from seed, and all ten can be different. Breeder descriptions are vague and general at best. Just pick a reputable breeder/seedbank and dont worry about #'s.
I'm referring to specs they post... example, one site might say 65 days, the other might say 95 days of flowering or one site says 20% sative and another 0% ... that's not exactly vague ... definitely a lack of standardization for the particular strain. But I agree some sites are very vague.

thats standard across the industry… it will vary greatly from one breeder to the next and same for different seed banks extending all the way to the testing labs themselves

there are now in excess of 27,000 known strains of cannabis…
the standard is the lack of standards.... ok, I can live with that lol

to expand on what Chrondocious sez… 10 fem beans from Northern Lights doesnt produce 10 identical twin sisters… each bean is unique. You could buy a 10 pack of NL regs or fems & reverse them to create your own version of Northern Lights…

little maths…

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 so in 10 generations we have 1024 ancestors right?

wrong it’s a trick question because all the numbers need to be totaled.…

that’s 2046 ancestors in 10 generations to draw genetics from and every ancestor in the line up has their own 2046 ancestors in 10 generations and so on up the line or down the line whichever way you travel

I'm referring to specs they post... example, one site might say 65 days, the other might say 95 days of flowering or one site says 20% sative and another 0% ... that's not exactly vague ... definitely a lack of standardization for the particular strain. But I agree some sites are very vague.
For autos the higher # will be the total days from sprout....the lower will be from when the start budding. The amount of sativa etc.....cant be guaranteed. Each seed will be unique....but if the parents are both "x", then you can expect that for the most part. Selecting strains is quite complicated. I dont grow autos at all so idk whos legit or not, as far as their descriptions. But for the mkst part.....the numbers they give are just that....vague. Says flowers in 56 days....expect 63 to 70. Just the way it is. Some may be done in 56 some may not.

Back
Top Bottom