Dime's 1st Grow Journal

DimebagDarren

Strains:
Mr. Nice Guy, Great White, Bubba Kush, Humbolt, P 91, Train Wreck

Stage:
They are all young clones (Been rooted for about a week). I just cut the 4 Great White clones today (Aug.9th). I use Dip 'N' Grow rooting concentrate. I also put them straight into soil (fresh soil of course), which has been working for me- I've had about a 90% success rate.

Indoor:
75% Black Gold soil, 25% Perlite - Currently in One gallon pots, switching to Four gallon in just a couple weeks

Lighting:
Veg Stage- 225 LED (60 Blue, 165 Red) -(20/4)
Flowering- 1000 + 400 watt HPS (6 x 9 area) -(12/12)

Average Temp. of 70-80 degrees
Relitively dry humidity - Except for the light misting on the fresh cut clones

Pests:
Nothing - If I see any sign of them I have an Organic Pesticide that is made of natural plant oils.

Water:
Since they're in soil I don't have a set time to water them. I just check them everyday and water them when the top of the soil is dry. I give them enough water to soak all the soil, then leave them alone until they're ready for water again.

Fertilizer:
I add fertilizer every 3rd or 4th watering using a mix of Fox Farm nutes. I don't have the names at moment I'll add them soon.

August 9th 2011
Darren_001.JPG

The 4 in the front are the Great White (Just cut today), then 2 Mr Nice Guys, the 3 in the middle are (from left to right) P 91; Bubba Kush; Humbolt, in the back there is 1 more Mr Nice Guy (left) and TrainWreck (right)

Darren_004.JPG

Currently just using a 225 LED light but it seems to be working great

Darren_002.JPG

Sorry that last pic is a pic of the other side but sideways if you didn't figure that out

I'll try to update my journal every other week. I gladly except criticism as long as you have helping info :)

I'm currently running my lights at 20/4 with a 225 LED.

Are these good hours for vegging to get max growth?

Also I have a 400w HPS and a 1000w HPS, Can I get more/faster growth by switching to either of these now? Or should I stick with the LED until I switch them to flowering?

(I think the LED is only like 45w -first generation with only 0.2w LEDs)

I'm currently running my lights at 20/4 with a 225 LED.

Are these good hours for vegging to get max growth?

Also I have a 400w HPS and a 1000w HPS, Can I get more/faster growth by switching to either of these now? Or should I stick with the LED until I switch them to flowering?

(I think the LED is only like 45w -first generation with only 0.2w LEDs)

First off welcome! :welcome: Nice looking plants as well!
Those hours are just fine. There is much debate about this and in my humble opion anything from 18 to 24 is fine. I run mine at 18/6 and I have had great growth and results from this.
Typically the more light the better but heat and elec costs are always there as well. You might try the 400 in there, but keep that 1000 for flower.

:peace:

Thanks, I've been putting alot of pride and time into my girls. I recently just got a 1000w MH because the LED didn't seem to be strong enough

August 14th
IMAG00175.JPG

Here's a little update on my room. I have these make shift walls to close in the wasted space until I can build a devider to separate the veg and flower rooms. The flower room will be about 6' x 8.5' and the veg room will be about 4' x 8.5'.

IMAG002111.JPG

This 1000w MH is super bright. I'm sure I'll notice results soon enough (as well as the power bill unfortunately. lol.)

IMAG00209.JPG

They got a little thicker foliage with the LEDs but now I can transplant to bigger pots and space them out more.

lookin great! I would def keep that light as high as possible initially and then lower day by day to get it down to the 18" to 24" mark.

but otherwise lookin really good and keep it up.

Cool, thanks again. I noticed a little growth already just over night since I put that Metal Halide in. I have it about 24" above my plants with two fans blowing across them (1 from each side) to keep them cool. Do you think the light could be too intense and burn them? I know the light isn't too hot because I held my arm under there and could barely feel the heat at all.

August 16 2011
IMAG002312.JPG

Just transplanted 3 of my girls: P 91, Bubba Kush, and some Humbolt. Has anyone ever had P 91 or heard of it before? I got it from my patient and was told it kills any pain but doesn't get you high? Is this true?
The plants are a little droopy now, but thats because they just got transplanted. I am careful and also use B-1 to help reduce any shock.

IMAG00257.JPG

The lights are about 24"- 28" above the plants. These walls work great for closing in the gaps. I'll get the dividing wall built (so I can get a continuious cycle going) in the next week or two, until then these seem to be doing just fine.

Cool, thanks again. I noticed a little growth already just over night since I put that Metal Halide in. I have it about 24" above my plants with two fans blowing across them (1 from each side) to keep them cool. Do you think the light could be too intense and burn them? I know the light isn't too hot because I held my arm under there and could barely feel the heat at all.

August 16 2011

Just transplanted 3 of my girls: P 91, Bubba Kush, and some Humbolt. Has anyone ever had P 91 or heard of it before? I got it from my patient and was told it kills any pain but doesn't get you high? Is this true?
The plants are a little droopy now, but thats because they just got transplanted. I am careful and also use B-1 to help reduce any shock.

The lights are about 24"- 28" above the plants. These walls work great for closing in the gaps. I'll get the dividing wall built (so I can get a continuious cycle going) in the next week or two, until then these seem to be doing just fine.

Everything is lookin great just keep doing what your doing and you will have a successful grow!
A good way to tell distance of heat is if you are able to put your hand on the plant with the light on and if it is uncomfortable then it will be uncomfortable on the plants as well. I try to keep my 600s about 14" away.

:surf: I'm on board for this grow...you can ask me anything you want, and I will help you if you need it but it looks fantastic right now! :goodjob:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom