Dipez' Indoor/Outdoor Grow

Yeah as soon as I get a PPM meter I am going to get one of those and test the gallons you can put through each filter before noticing a PPM increase. I'm currently looking for one but I'm having trouble finding a good one in my price range. I want a PPM/PH but find them for about 200. Good PPM or PH meters seem to be 40-80$ I was hoping to find a combo meter for around 100$ but Its looks like I cant get that good of a deal. I'm probably going to settle on a TDS/PPM only meter when I find one I like with good reviews.

Also as I was taking my first couple pics I got low battery warning on my camera. Will have to get some more batteries at the store.. I swear everytime I leave the batteries in the thing they are dead when I go to use the camera again If I take them out I get a good 10uses out of the camera. Sorry for the delays. I'll take a trip to the store tomorrow morning so I can get these pics up finally.

I will look into that one as well. If its really good for 150 then that will be the way to go. But I am still looking at this blue lab one for 200$ I was told that this meter would be great to have. Still both are a bit out of my current price range so I will most likely have to wait.

Another model I have heard about is this HM digital meter. Not sure about the brand but I have heard these meters are accurate and cheap. They apparently just need calibration often(not sure if thats any different from a better meter)

My first few meters had to be manually calibrated every time you used them, gets old fast if you need to test something every day. The one I use now can probably go two or three weeks with out calibration. I have only gone two weeks but it was still on point. I now calabrate every week just to be sure.

Sorry about the long wait on the update here are the pics! My plants look really good IMO. I watered the plants in 5gal pot last night with .5gal each of my nute mix. Currently using 7.5ml per gal of both Grow/Bloom + .75TBS of molasses per gal.

Btw the plants are perked up today. The droop was because I let them go till they showed stress to see how far I can push it. 5days seems to be perfect.

Also the Fimmed tops are starting to grow back. I don't think I did it quiet right. The growth seems to be normal on some plants just with the top of the leaves cut off. Although one white widow looks to be done correctly.

S7301068.JPG

S7301066.JPG

S7301070.JPG

S73010691.JPG

S7301071.JPG

S73010751.JPG

S73010741.JPG

S7301073.JPG

Heres a shot of the Nute mix I used. Didn't even have to balance the PH and its right around 6-6.5
S73010801.JPG

Yeah It is actually very helpful. Only problem is later on I will most likely have to adjust my PH up since the nutes are already lowering the PH enough with only 7.5ml per gallon. So in the end I still have to monitor it every feed :)

I'm having a little issue with my seedlings though. It seems to me like they need a transplant but I don't have the soil or space to transplant them all especially since some will be male.

Would it be a big problem if I wait till my plants sex themselves before I transplant?

Ok Got another Update. I have moved 8 plants out of my closet. They are stretching like crazy! Most likely the males of the group. I have transplanted 4 more of the seedlings. Leaving the remaining in cups. The root balls on the ones in the cups are still very small. Can stay in the cup for a few more weeks at least.

Will post pics soon. Most of my ladies look great! just the agent orange and 1 of my XJ-13s are growing super slow.

Long waited update. Been pretty busy.

I have bumped up my 4 ladies in 5gal pots to 10ml/gal of both grow/bloom + molasses. I've started eyeballing my molasses as I find it really messy to measure. Id say its less than 1TBS per gallon.

Also my agent orange and 1 XJ-13 clones both look like duds. I have flushed them twice and they still look terrible. Any tips guys? I want to transplant them but both don't have much roots in the cup even after about 5 weeks.

S7301088.JPG

S7301087.JPG

S7301086.JPG

S73010932.JPG

S73010902.JPG

S73010922.JPG

S73010911.JPG

S73010941.JPG

My advice is to transplant the unhealthy clones into maybe some 1 gallon pots with some fresh soil. check the pH of the soil. It needs to be at 6.5. Give them only very dilute nutrients that are pH'ed so it will maintain the soil pH at 6.5. Let the soil dry out really well so those roots MUST grow in search of water. flushing is VERY hard on plants with a lot of leaf area and not much root mass because their feet are basically water-logged. Roots cannot grow in the absence of oxygen. I say transplant into 1 gallon pots because they look like they may benefit from fresh soil that is very well drained with the proper pH. 1 gallon pots are still easily flushed...much easier than 5 gallon pots and if you run into problems with your soil, you can always (and will eventually) transplant into the 5 gallon containers.

I was thinking a transplant would probably help too but I have been doing what you are talking about. I let the soil dry out well n water with 1ml/gal of grow/bloom PH'd to about 6. Its hard to get it exact with the color test but for now that's what I have to work with. I honestly think it might have something to do with the soil in cups. Every plant I had in those cups looked pretty bad until I transplanted them into 2gal pots. The soil mix is different so I suspect that is the problem.

As soon as I have room in there I will throw those 2 clones into bigger pots and see what happens. Also going to transplant my 4 largest plants into 15gal pots for the outdoor season soon. The weather around here is looking like it should be ok to have plants outside in a week or 2. I am thinking if its sunny tomorrow I am going to toss them outside and start getting them acclimated to outdoors.

And thanks! Its really a jungle in there haha.

going to do another picture update soon.

I plan on transplanting my bigger plants into 15gal pots soon too. As soon as its looking like no more rain for a while I will do it. Till then I'm hoping they wont start popping out of my closet :laugh:

The Xj-13 and Agent oragne still haven't recovered. Idk whats wrong. Will be transplanting them tomorrow to see if that is the problem.

Heres the pics! The big ladies got tossed outside. They are under artifical light to extend daytime. Turns on at 5pm turns off at 11:30pm. It gives them 1 or 2 hours less than what I had them on inside. They aren't showing much shock from the transplant.

S7301114.JPG

S7301115.JPG

S7301116.JPG

S7301117.JPG

The rest of my plants inside look really good too. They have been moved over under the 400wt light. 2 of the 27wt bulbs are in place for the smaller XJ-13 and agent orange. The roots are growing on them so I wont count them out yet. The fresh soil and bigger pots should bounce them back.

S7301107.JPG

S7301108.JPG

S7301111.JPG

S7301112.JPG

S7301113.JPG

Some of my seedlings are also starting to show preflowers I think. They are very small still. I'm guessing male(even my bushy Chem4xOOG) Not 100% sure yet but its looking like they are male. I lowered my light cycle to 16on/8off to hopefully make preflowers show faster.

Here is a clone I took also! Its from one of my white widow plants that are currently outside. Clone was taken about a week ago. Still not showing any signs of roots or showing signs that it is dead. I am just waiting for it to do something. I mist everyday. Next time I take clones I will be using rockwool cubes, different lights, and a real humidity dome. I will also be doing more than one. This was just a little experiment.

S7301110.JPG

So a little update. My experiment clone worked. Rooted it into my soil mix. The plant is slowly growing but is looking very healthy.

My seedlings are still developing their preflowers. Cant quiet tell what they are but my guesses are i have 1 female and 1 male so far but I will wait till i am 100% sure.

Outdoor plants look great. New growth is light green so next feed I am going to feed 15ml/Gal of Grow/Bloom. Should be interesting to see how much nutes these plants will need this summer!

Back
Top Bottom