Dipez' Indoor/Outdoor Grow

So today I was inspecting the preflowers on the plants and for some reason they are turning into leaves. I'm not sure why or how but it looks like there are deformed leaves coming out of where preflowers are supposed to come out.

I will post pictures when I get a chance. Its pretty weird looking to me. any help will be appreciated.

Also sorry about picture quality. not sure why some pictures turned out really bad but I'll get it fixed.
S7301118.JPG

S7301119.JPG

S7301120.JPG

S73011221.JPG

Here is the shots of the weird leaves where pre-flowers come out. That plant hasn't show male or female yet. I have 2 seedlings that are female for sure. 2 that are showing weird leaves instead of pre-flowers and 1 that isn't showing anything yet. I will most likely be tossing the 3 plants that arent showing female yet. Maybe you guys can tell me if that's a good idea? Seems like it might be better to just toss em and continue with the good plants.
S73011261.JPG

S73011251.JPG

I have a little nute def or burn too. Only on 1 plant. I think its cal/mag related.. Its rust colored dots on the leaves.
S73011271.JPG

I will also be taking some shots of my outdoor soon. They are monsters! I see about 3-5inches of taller and about 2-3" wider on each plant. I will be feeding them past what is recommended on the BPN chart on the next feeding. They took the 15ml/gal fine with no burn so I am bumping it up to 17.5ml/gal for the next feed. Most likely will be going up even higher too.

Hi Scopopulus, Yeah I did manage to take control of that issue. All's that I had to do was put sand on top of each pot so the gnats cant lay eggs in the soil or pop out of the soil.

I also wash and check my trays often to make sure there isn't larva on them.

Also I am going to be transplanting and flowering some plants soon. Will do a big update when I get that done..

Long awaited update.. I currently have 3 plants in for flowering in my closet. The timer was switched over to 12/12 on 4/20/12

The plants inside flowering are

1 x Cherry Pie in 5 gal pot
1 x Agent Orange in 5 gal bucket
1 x XJ-13 in 5 gal bucket

I currently have 8 plants outside.

2 x Romulan Grapefruit in 15 gal pots.
2 x White Widow in 15 gal pots.
2 x OG Chem( OG kush x Chem 4)
1 x XJ-13
1 x White widow clone I took to become a mother plant. I really like this strain so im keeping it around.

Pics will be posted right now.

S73011311.JPG

S7301132A.JPG

OG Chem plant. Very healthy!
S7301133.JPG

My XJ-13 is also looking very good. It bounced back from being very pale green after a fresh transplant.
S7301134.JPG

Here is my biggest plant of all. It is around 5'10" with the pot as its staring me in the face.

S73011351.JPG

Here is a shot of some early flowers on the Romulan Grapefruit. They are under artificial light to extend the days to keep them in veg but are doing this.. Not sure why but I am not 2 worried.
S73011371.JPG

Btw just in case anybody is wondering. My 4 largest plants are being fed BPN 2 part series with Bloom booster and Molasses. The blend is 20ml Grow/bloom 2ml Bloom Booster and 1ml Molasses Per gallon. Plants are fed every Wednesday and Watered every time they need water which is every day.

very nice looking plants. You have some monsters outside! It is still so early and you should do really, really well buy the time late september, early october rolls around. You may have to transplant those into some bigger pots....like get a 55 gallon drum and cut it in half is the size im talkin about :)

I don't think I will be able to transplant them again. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but the roots are already going crazy in those 15 gal pots. All's I have to do is loosen the top soil and I see tons of white roots growing upwards.

Next outdoor cycle I plan on switching it up a little bit and going with 35 gallon plastic storage tubs or 30 gal garbage cans. Even these 15 gal pots are too small. I don't see how some people use 5gal buckets for a whole season :hmmmm:

I don't think I will be able to transplant them again. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but the roots are already going crazy in those 15 gal pots. All's I have to do is loosen the top soil and I see tons of white roots growing upwards.

Next outdoor cycle I plan on switching it up a little bit and going with 35 gallon plastic storage tubs or 30 gal garbage cans. Even these 15 gal pots are too small. I don't see how some people use 5gal buckets for a whole season :hmmmm:

I knew a guy once who grew 12 plants in 110 gallon pots outdoors all season and yielded close to 4 lbs per plant. 110 gallon was a bit overkill but his root mass was rediculous. They love fresh soil!!! you should be OK with your pots but you may have to water alot when it starts to get really hot outside. My crystal ball told me there is lots of bud in your future :)

wow those plants look awesome! tell me, are they just getting sunlight to grow? or are you using lights?

Also, can i get another peek at the WW main stalk? I'm hydro growing a seed which I was told was white widow, and it has a similar shape to the earlier pic. Sorta looks like 3 or 4 stalks molded together

... anyway great grow! Someday I want to grow nice big plants in my future backyard!!

Yes I will take a picture with a caliper measurement right now for you. And the only artificial light used is 50wt of 5000k CFL to extend the day time to around 14-15 hours.

Btw after inspecting my plants today I noticed that the main stem splits part way up the stalk. The wind must have broken it and its been like this for a while. The plants never showed any shock from it and are still looking beastly. I was extremely surprised to see that the stem was split.

S73011381.JPG

S73011391.JPG

Here is a little bonus pic of some local home grown. Its GDP x Black Berry Kush

S73011291.JPG

Hi guys. been a while since I posted. But I am running into a really random problem here.

One of my romulan grapefruit plants had a random halfway wilted branch on it. The stem was dry and brown in the middle. Under that brown length of stem is living leaves and above it is all wilted. I cut the whole branch off. this is the first time its happened.. I've tried talking to a few people about it and they have no idea what it is. I thought it might be something called fusarium wilt but after looking into the details of that I am having my doubts.

Does anybody have any clue as to what might be going on? A random dead stem seems serious to me..

If you read this dude sounds like you got some bad stuff in your plant. Sounds alot like either Fusarium wilt, or Bud Rot know as BOTRYTIS. Hope things are good for ya dude. Keepem Green

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom