DNA Genetics Sorbet collection group

Yerba428

Hey guys and gals I was hoping to find others growing the new sorbet crosses by DNA genetics. I just popped gelato sorbet and sorbet #4 and will start a journal when they take. Hoping to find others growing these crosses or any of the new sorbet collection and share pics of different phenos from these seeds!

Good luck on your search. I have been looking at that new line. Makes you wonder though. Pollinating one clone only strain with every speck of pollen you have doesn't make it a new line. Hell I can breed that well. Hit and miss is easy.

They must think a hell of a lot about that one strain. DNA has impressed me before with their genetics. As long as they didn't get stupid in the last year or so. They should come out nice. It is a little early to find to many people that have grown it for a while.

Good luck on your search. I have been looking at that new line. Makes you wonder though. Pollinating one clone only strain with every speck of pollen you have doesn't make it a new line. Hell I can breed that well. Hit and miss is easy.

They must think a hell of a lot about that one strain. DNA has impressed me before with their genetics. As long as they didn't get stupid in the last year or so. They should come out nice. It is a little early to find to many people that have grown it for a while.
Yeah everything I’ve had from DNA is legit so far. And I hear your concerns about “pollen chucking” but IMO growing F1’s rather than a stable line is a awesome way to hunt for new phenos no one has ever seen before. I believe that is how we have the clone only insane strains that we have from pheno hunting and selecting from variation

True. I have noticed some genetic differences in some of the S-1 strains I grow. Some really interesting smells and flavors have showed up that were not there before. I think this has had some effect on the new smells and flavors coming out today. New hybrids are another sure way to find differences.

I have to admit if I didn't have 100"s of others strains I would be looking at the Sorbet along with you lol.

True. I have noticed some genetic differences in some of the S-1 strains I grow. Some really interesting smells and flavors have showed up that were not there before. I think this has had some effect on the new smells and flavors coming out today. New hybrids are another sure way to find differences.

I have to admit if I didn't have 100"s of others strains I would be looking at the Sorbet along with you lol.
If you wouldn’t mind sharing your top 10 with me in seed form quick I would really appreciate it coming from someone who has that many strains under their belt. I’ve only had the opportunity to do 5 grows with 4 strains each grow so far my favorites are:
DNA La Confidential
DNA White walker
Seedsman blueberry
Seedsman cheese
G13 labs Mozzarella
Also it was my understanding that S1 seeds are “selfed” seeds meaning the female was hit with its own pollen. Also was my understanding that this S1 would be the closest you can get to a copy of the original plant with little to no variation. Please correct me if I’m wrong or if your own experiences have been different

The whole S-1 think is still a mystery to me. I talked with Grimm about their Genius S-1. They said they were all 100% the same. That is not what I got. Haven't smoked it yet so the jury is still out on effects. Still there are some differences between each plant.

I think anytime you have a strain in seed form it has some chance at self expression. Weather it is made from itself another female or a male. It is still a new seed so it can be different. I told Grimm about my S-1's having different smells. They said it was because my genetics were less pure. Pretty sure that's bullshit but who knows.

The only way I know to get the exact same thing is a clone. S-1's are still a good choice. Even if there is slight differences they are more gifts than a problem. I think some of those new strains out there are just a different smelling pheno from a selfed plant. I have aPurps Hybrid right now that put out a Menthol smelling pheno. How the hell mint and pine got into Purps is beyond me LOL. All the other plants are classic berry smelling.

10 strains would be tough. So many strains were good. Only a small portain I will grow again. That is only because of my own personal tastes. Here are all the strains I grew then reordered more seeds of the same strain. That is the best way to show what really impressed me.

707 Headband, Humboldt
Cannalope Haze, DNA
Cinderella 99, Grimm Brothers
Exodus Cheese, Greenhouse
Super Lemon Haze, Greenhouse.

As you can see most of those are sativas. I have lots of indicas that I rotate. I have a large supply of them so I have no need to replace with store bought stuff. I don't have enough info to help you with those.

One of the most flavorful of those was a Blueberry Headband from Humboldt.

The whole S-1 think is still a mystery to me. I talked with Grimm about their Genius S-1. They said they were all 100% the same. That is not what I got. Haven't smoked it yet so the jury is still out on effects. Still there are some differences between each plant.

I think anytime you have a strain in seed form it has some chance at self expression. Weather it is made from itself another female or a male. It is still a new seed so it can be different. I told Grimm about my S-1's having different smells. They said it was because my genetics were less pure. Pretty sure that's bullshit but who knows.

The only way I know to get the exact same thing is a clone. S-1's are still a good choice. Even if there is slight differences they are more gifts than a problem. I think some of those new strains out there are just a different smelling pheno from a selfed plant. I have aPurps Hybrid right now that put out a Menthol smelling pheno. How the hell mint and pine got into Purps is beyond me LOL. All the other plants are classic berry smelling.

10 strains would be tough. So many strains were good. Only a small portain I will grow again. That is only because of my own personal tastes. Here are all the strains I grew then reordered more seeds of the same strain. That is the best way to show what really impressed me.

707 Headband, Humboldt
Cannalope Haze, DNA
Cinderella 99, Grimm Brothers
Exodus Cheese, Greenhouse
Super Lemon Haze, Greenhouse.

As you can see most of those are sativas. I have lots of indicas that I rotate. I have a large supply of them so I have no need to replace with store bought stuff. I don't have enough info to help you with those.

One of the most flavorful of those was a Blueberry Headband from Humboldt.
Interesting on the S1s and Grimm. I really appreciate your reply. I am a huge fan of blueberry and bb crosses. I’ll be ordering the blueberry headband. I like Humboldt I had an em dog freebie from them that was fire. Crazy gas chem smell ( forgot that one on my list ) Is the exodus cheese the only cheese you’ve tried?

I loved the Em dog also. Keep forgetting I have more of it LOL. Big plant! almost 5 ounces from a indoor plant it is my biggest. I didn't get a great pheno. Only had one pop out of 2 and all the other plants had problems. That gave this plant room to grow big. I just started some Chem style genetics and totally forgot the Em dog. Damn it

I have tried the Exodus and the UK. Big difference. The UK is a mostly indica cheese. It was okay but nothing special. Had some flavor but it didn't have the happy high of the Exodus. There are 3 basic Cheese strains. The UK The Exodus and one other. Of all of them the best is the Exodus. That is based on effects of the high.

You will love the Blueberry Headband. I had a cal/mag problems with my last plants. They didn't do real well growing. They did both have incredible flavor after finish. One had a great Headband high the other had more body to it. Something is going to come out on this hybrid. Either the Sour from the Headband and all the flavors of Blueberry. Mine had a heavy blueberry bottom end and was great evening weed. If they would have been able to finish another week or so the strength would have been better.

To explain the situation. I had a Powdery Mildew problem and throughout everything that wasn't electronics. Nuits pots you name it I had to totally start over. Didn't have the right Cal/mag when I needed it. The replacement wasn't what I normally use and I never got caught up with the deficiencies. I had to pulled it early or risk losing what was there. I mention this because It was me and not the genetics that were the problem with this strain. It is a winner.

That’s awesome info thank you so much! The g13 labs cheese genetics are uk skunk x afgani..? I did 10 of them outdoor a few years ago with HUGE rewards. Super tall. Long colas. Strong smell and looked like indoor. Was very susceptible to rot tho with our humid fall weather

G-13 labs are a big mystery to me. I read the names and match up genetics and the math just doesn't come out. They have a lot of names that insinuate something that isn't there.
Can't say they are bad but I can't get myself to grow them. I have 4 or 5 freebies from them. Nice that yours worked out.

What killed me with G-13 Labs is when the used the name Purple Haze. It is not Purple Haze. They are selling the name only. Whether it is good or not is not the deal. A Haze x Purple plant doesn't make Purple Haze. Most don't know what is in what so new growers won't know. If they are buying Purple Haze then they want Purple Haze. They used a OG to make this hybrid. Purple Haze does not have Og genetics.

Call it something else and live by your genetics not already known names.

G-13 labs are a big mystery to me. I read the names and match up genetics and the math just doesn't come out. They have a lot of names that insinuate something that isn't there.
Can't say they are bad but I can't get myself to grow them. I have 4 or 5 freebies from them. Nice that yours worked out.

What killed me with G-13 Labs is when the used the name Purple Haze. It is not Purple Haze. They are selling the name only. Whether it is good or not is not the deal. A Haze x Purple plant doesn't make Purple Haze. Most don't know what is in what so new growers won't know. If they are buying Purple Haze then they want Purple Haze. They used a OG to make this hybrid. Purple Haze does not have Og genetics.

Call it something else and live by your genetics not already known names.
Interesting point with the purple haze

They did it to me on other strains too. Name sounds interesting. Then I look at what the parents are and I am confused again.
It is their use of Kush, Og, Haze, I have been reading about strains for 30+ years. This may have a lot to do with it. I have come to expect a certain amount of marketing to get a strain out there. I think they try and use to many key words to impress people to make a sale. That doesn't mean their genetics are not every bit as good as other peoples. I just see through the advertising bullshit. With so many seed companies out there you have to weed through them somehow. One mistake and I drop them now days LMAO.

I very well could be cutting my own throat for this. I will try them someday. Can't get myself to buy any though

When your dedicating months of your life to certain plants I think we can all agree that we want the best beans available. That’s just it! Weeding out the crap. So many breeders and seeds I think some companies with say anything to get us to buy their beans. Sad but true. I think the idea of Freebies with your order is awesome and I grow every single one so I can further weed through the crap! Btw I did 5 og13 from g13 and it is without a doubt real deal og. Not saying it’s the original Florida OG ( the cut that started it all) but it was for sure in the OG family

It is all about advertising now days. Freebies are another thing that is being used to bring people in. Back in the day Freebies were from start up companies or test strains. Now they use them to make people think they are getting more for their money. That is not always the case. One shitty freebie just wasted your time, money, and harvest.

I have had some great freebies. Don't get me wrong. Most ended up being crap. They grow they bud but only 1 in 3 are worth a shit. I have had some with very freaks with little THC at all.

I am not talking about that free seed you get from ordering certain seed packs from a breeder. Those are fine. I just worry about the freebie packs they make up just to get you to make a order. People just need to remember free is not always free.

All the G-13 labs stuff I have are freebies. Hence my hesitation. I will get to some of them in time I am sure.

Dna genetics is awesome I got a free golden Berry sead a couple of years ago and it was one of the best plants I've ever growen it was so crystally and smelt so good I'm buying it again to clone I'm also going to try some other seeds they have all their plants look amazing

Golden berry looks awesome I think that’s a 24k cross. Heard mixed reviews on the 24k but I keep in mind it might be someone growing a freebie with a bad pheno.

DNA strains I’ve had good luck with. White walker ( widow Ingemar x skywalker) big yields and uncontrollable smell. LA confidential will forever be in my stable. In fact I’d like to do a decent pheno hunt with the LA. All 6 plants last round were all different phenos from green to purple. From rock hard nugs to fluffy. Their lemon skunk is a no go for me. Too unruly and tall. Excited about my current run with sorbet #4, gelato sorbet, white walker and strawberry banana. Seedlings 1 week old. Will start journal soon and post link here

Back
Top Bottom