Do Autos finish early or late?

I read a lot, a lot about this strain. I have two Auto Candy Kush that are said to be done in as little as 65 days. I've got these two cramped in with my SCROG and I think one is pretty close and will finish on time, if not a day or so earlier. Today is day 57.

I have a 400 hps with cfls bringing me up to just over 600wt. The one I think is ready or close, has a reptile 10. UVB/A over it. So that might be affecting things, but I checked the trics earlier and around 20% were amber.

It's on 12/12 now, but the first week was 24. Then for the next 4 weeks it was on 20/4

Then 18/6 for two weeks... I've been winding them down.

Anyway, basically no pistols, just a bunch of nugs, not huge ones, but I think she's gonna smoke nice with some Carlos Rossi Burgundy.

This grow is really about getting healthy plants to the end, not some huge yield. I used good soil and mostly water.

Anyway, I can't get a good pic, but this is earlier... Not much nutes used this grow, and I definitely stunted her doing an lst, but this is the top:
20150115_204246.jpg

Most of my autos have gone long. One plant was supposed to be a 65 day-er and went 121-122. I've never grown an auto strain more than once though and they were all way different so it's hard to say. Autos are kind of a grab bag. The 121 sayer gave me 6.3 ounces. None of the other ones I have grown have given me a gram over a half, so it's pretty random as far as I can tell from the 7 or so I've grown out.

Thanks for the info. Most of what I read have them going long. I'd take as long as the one you mentioned if it produced like that!

I guess the best way, or one of them best is pistols and trics. After that I've just got to find out for myself, I guess.

I checked them outside the tent under natural light. I have a couple of high powered scopes, and one microscope.

The thing is the calax have been swollen for a while. .that is when/why I knew they'd be done sooner then later. Or think so...

I don't see any seeds up close, or indications. Tough to get Good picture in that tent, maybe tonight I'll pull her out for a closer inspection.

Thanks for looking paddy. Next Friday I think she'll be going in my basement for 48 hours of darkness.....

I will say the first four to six weeks they were getting pounded by light. My light was almost dedicated to them , and really close, as I let the SCROG veg and grow good roots.

Maybe that helped them, but like I said in my journal,, this girl fought me, so I think that may have helped or contributed to the smallish size and fast finish?

Not sure

Btw, there were pistols at one point. But the last week or so the nugs have gobbled them up.

Same as the other one that is growing, I can see most pistols turning darker, but the nugs are eating them up. Not easy to explain but they have given me zero indication that it's a he she

I read that, thanks. I haven't noticed any, but I'll look closer. I think I'm explaining it bad also. Pistols are there, pretty much all are covered in trics, and brownish. There are some white pistols down below. But anything up top is covered in trics, and brown.

I'll be honest, my buds look great, I know they are going to shrink, but they are nugs, no doubt. I see some pictures of people wondering about harvest and the buds look whispery, or airy. Mine do not. Hope they aren't chicks with dicks... I ran into one of them while in a pub in the UK, speaking of chicks with dicks. I know they are everywhere, no offense intended. But that was my one and only encounter..

Here is another pic without so much of the hps light. Orientation sucks though
20150115_200320.jpg

I'm here asking, so I don't know for sure. But you got me thinking and I'll be checking, so thank you. Yeah, I saw this one finishing early for a while now. Don't know why I'm hardly an expert, but, I have grown a few.

Last night I pulled one small leaf to check, from near the top, tonight I'll pull one a little lower...try to get a picture with my spotting scope

Speaking of the UV, that is the reason for the purplish looking leaves in the first pic. Interesting, but that's not like that without the UV light on....

Now they are passed that and have almost turned black where it was purple before. Will take more pics tonight and add to my journal.
The other effects of the uvb for me were increased trichomes and tricomes on leaves turning amber or purple early. Bud has mostly remained the normal clear to cloudy to amber timeframe.

Just to follow up on this, I chopped the one in question last night, day 67. She'd been in the dark for 36. Heavy and dense buds, like nothing I've grown before. Good amount of amber, but I want to see both ends of the spectrum. So, this one may have went early, maybe, but the other will go a little long, so I can compare for the future.

20150125_191439.jpg
20150125_204007.jpg
20150125_205600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom