WalterGamer8

I did the paper towel method and all 6 of them had long taproots. I planted them into soil 2 days ago and none of them sprouted yet. I've had them in the dark ever since I planted them into soil, was that a mistake? When planting germinating seeds in the soil are you supposed to give them light? If I'm supposed to give them light should I give them a regular light cycle like 18/6 (they're autos btw) I'm getting pretty nervous/it's been 2 days and no sprouts, should I turn on my light?

Hey Walt - I'm no expert - but here's what I do. Once the tap roots appear I gently place them in a solo cup with premoistened starter mix, poke a bit of a hole and try to get the tap root downwards and the head about 1/4" below the surface. I gently sprinkle fine starter mix on top and then just enough water to settle the seed and soil and then leave it in reasonable light but not direct sunlight. It can take 2 or 3 days before it pops thru. Autos don't like to be up potted but I think it is OK to start a seed in a cup.

Howdy do Walter

They don't need light until they can use it. This is only when they produce their first set of leaves. The cotlydons. Even then, They don't need much light

Ive had seeds take up to 5 days to show there faces above soil. Keep your soil above 20°c and slightly moist and all should be ok...

Hey Walt - I'm no expert - but here's what I do. Once the tap roots appear I gently place them in a solo cup with premoistened starter mix, poke a bit of a hole and try to get the tap root downwards and the head about 1/4" below the surface. I gently sprinkle fine starter mix on top and then just enough water to settle the seed and soil and then leave it in reasonable light but not direct sunlight. It can take 2 or 3 days before it pops thru. Autos don't like to be up potted but I think it is OK to start a seed in a cup.
would a weak lamp work? Just till they pop up.

Howdy Walter

They don't need light until they can use it. This is only when they produce their first set of leaves. The cotlydons. Even then, They don't need much of light

Ive had seeds take up to 5 days to show there faces above soil. Keep your soil above 20°c and slightly moist and all should be ok...
Thank you. Makes me feel a lot better, I was very worried.
>Keep your soil above 20°c and slightly moist and all should be ok...
I've been misting the soil a little bit daily. I'll keep a close eye on them till they pop up. thank you

Thank you. Makes me feel a lot better, I was very worried.
>Keep your soil above 20°c and slightly moist and all should be ok...
I've been misting the soil a little bit daily. I'll keep a close eye on them till they pop up. thank you
You Just need a little patience. If they already have a tap root, they are alive and it won't be long. Also make sure the soil isn't too compact above them. But they are pretty strong things once they start trying to pop their heads up. I warm my water up before I mist the soil..i hope all works out for you.
I know exactly how worried you are. Been there.

Back
Top Bottom