Do I remove fan leaves day 3 flower

Rkelly496

New to this first grow lol they veged for 3.5 weeks due to grow space haven't topped them at all and they have had minimal lst what do people recommend

Attachments

• Snapchat-1294106157.jpg
    Snapchat-1294106157.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Snapchat-1205163252.jpg
    Snapchat-1205163252.jpg
    706.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Snapchat-904232086.jpg
    Snapchat-904232086.jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 68
Everybody has there own techniques, but i would reccomend removing the big fans later into flower. If you can get away with tucking.....try that. Its alot less stress on the plant. (She can focus more on fattening up them beautiful flowers). Remember autos react differently to cutting as they have less time to recover from stress.

Why remove fan leaves?

The only reason I wood think about is if the leaves are touching the soil. I will remove those lower leaves thats it.... no reason to remove leaves. They are sources of energy and food for the growing plants. So don't mess with them,

Ive had no choice with some outdoor....especially when the humidity gets high. I'd rather do some defoliation and use less sprays and diy remedies. When it comes to spider mites and pm, theres not many options. Removing some fans will give some more air circulation and bugs are less likely to infiltrate your plant .

Agree with your reasoning but look at the pic - it’s a small indoor plant and it’s just now getting it’s legs. I woukd think it needs all the fan leaves it can get for now. Maybe later it might need defol but those leaves are solar panel plus nute storage. If it was bushy af then I’d be the first to say yep defol is needed. Anyway I know there’s many ways to grow.

Back
Top Bottom