My plants are dying! what do i do!

BlazeitlikeED

I have been growing these plants for around 4 weeks now and in the past week my babies have started to deteriorate. This is technically my second grow seeing as the first plants started to have problems too. From researching online it seems to me that this is a nitrogen deficiency but im not sure due to me still being a novice. The strains are just some free seeds that came with my first two so i have 1 white widow and 2 Afghan.

IMG_284713.JPG
IMG_284613.JPG
IMG_28428.JPG

Now the same thing happened with my first grow and i just assumed that i had over fed my plants nutrients and gave them a burn because i gave them nutrients at full strength like the instructions said. I later learned that you needed to do them at a quarter strength. After speaking with some friends and researching online i decided to only start feeding my plants after they had grown their first few leaves so they would be able to take the nutrients better. so for 3 weeks they hadn't received any nutes and were also veging on my windowsill due to me having to ship all my setup to my friends because my girlfriend accidentally left the grow room door open when painters came round to touch up one of the rooms seeing as im in an apartment.

I got all my setup back a week ago and put the plants in the tent. After a couple days i noticed the bottom leaves going slightly yellow so i started adding my fox farm big bloom. A day later both of the Afghan started to turn brown and the widow went a little more yellow. So i called my friend to see if he had encountered this problem and he suggested that i just flush my plants. I took his advice and a day after researching the problem i decided to add some fox farm Grow big because i figured it had the most nitrogen out of all the nutes AND i was also meant to add some this week. As you can see my best efforts aren't touching my plants and i don't know what to do. I haven't done anything to them for 2 days because i wanted to see if they would pull through.

My setup is:
80x160 grow tent
2x 300w dual spectrum clf ( i am only using one for veging)
coco coir
perlite
fox farm nutrients
extractor fan
small fan
Temps are around 25-29oC
Ph is 6-6.5

I really dont know what i am doing wrong. Im not sure if they are still salvageable but if any of you guys could help me i would deeply appreciate it! Thank you.

well,, i know when i had my kids,, i started feeding them steroids right out of the chute,, and i tell ya,, they did not appreciate that one bit,, they still give me a hard time about that, and they are in their thirties now,, thank goodness they lived to bug me about it,, i love my kids,,

same with baby plants,, zero, as in zed,, eeee, are,,, ohhh,,, nutes,, did i spell that right??? zero

till the plants are three weeks old maybe,, then just a smidge

let them dry near totally before you water again,, and water till they near spill over,, then let drain, and let dry near totally,, then water,, till it near spills over,,,, drench it,, then dry it,, repeat,,, these need near zero nutes and will survive just fine with 'no' nutes

good luck pal,, cheers

The thing is they started to turn noticeably yellow before i put anything in. I put the big bloom in on the day the Afghan just started to get a little bit of brown on the lower leaves because i thought they were turning brown due lack of nutes because of what i did the first time. And it was at the end of the third week.

Like i say, im sure its a nitrogen deficiency because the older leaves are just getting eaten up and newer leaves are coming through really nice but obv im no expert.

I will hold off on nutes anyway because i dont want to damage them any more but do you reckon these plants will be ok? Im not too bothered about harvest because i just want to go through at least a full growth cycle to get the experience.

it's possible you could save them. they need so little to survive. one almost has to make an effort to kill them. a bit o water and oxygen that comes when the soil dries between waterings,,, that's it.....that's it

there are other factors,, ph, but i believe it needs to be way way out to do this,, temperature,, but i believe it needs to be way out to do this,, humidity,, but i believe i.......get it???? it is near hard to get it wrong.

pal, i ain't dissin ya,, honest,, just trying to point out to you how 'basic' this needs to be,, especially at this stage

one more thing,, the lights,, once the plants are healthy,, and maybe even now,, get em close,, i have no experience with 300w c'fl''s,, but my 23watts are less than two inches and mostly less than one inch,,, plants love em,, and me for it,, cheers

read and learn,,, lotto info in some journals,, including mine,, ever hear about urine as a fert??? bet not,,,

Oh dont worry i didnt think you was haha. It could be me because its like 20 to 4 in the morning here. Ill take your advice and only give them water from now on and see how they do.

Ohhh yeah. That may not be the entire problem but in coco you HAVE to add cal-mag. It acts as sunscreen for the chlorophyll. Coco for some reason coco absorbs the mag before the plant can use it. I would start there with some Epsom salt at 1 teaspoon per gal and resume with nutes as normal. When you can get to the hydro store pick up general hydroponics calimagic. By far the best on the market. others may think differently and I welcome other opinions.

I'm embarking on my "first" legal grow myself, so I'm no expert. But, from what I've read it seems your problem started as a deficiency. There's a good chance that by adding nutrients to make up for the deficiency, you've caused some burn. Also, did you transplant them to a different container when you took them from your windowsill to your tent? Small plants can usually take a little stress, from transplanting for example. But if they were only transplanted a week ago, and have taken some form of deficiency or burn in that first week as well, they're probably under a lot of stress.

I would simply suggest flushing them the best you could, and give them plain water for a week or two and see if they improve. You can buy almost anything to make up for a single deficiency at your local supermarket or farm store, without adding the excess nutrients in your solutions that they already have plenty of.

Simple Google searches of "calcium deficiency in cannabis", or "nitrogen deficiency in cannabis" will give you pretty fair examples of how each deficiency will show in your leaves.

I won't say anything in regards to adding cal-mag to your coco, because I've never grown in coco, but his theory also makes a lot of sense.

Ohhh yeah. That may not be the entire problem but in coco you HAVE to add cal-mag. It acts as sunscreen for the chlorophyll. Coco for some reason coco absorbs the mag before the plant can use it. I would start there with some Epsom salt at 1 teaspoon per gal and resume with nutes as normal. When you can get to the hydro store pick up general hydroponics calimagic. By far the best on the market. others may think differently and I welcome other opinions.

Tbh even if this doesnt sort my problem out (but it probably will because it sounds like i need this) it will definately help me in the future! Ill get on out and buy some TOMORROW!

I think this could be the missing link so thank you so much for the advice! Me and my babies are forever in debt to you guys xD

I'm embarking on my "first" legal grow myself, so I'm no expert. But, from what I've read it seems your problem started as a deficiency. There's a good chance that by adding nutrients to make up for the deficiency, you've caused some burn. Also, did you transplant them to a different container when you took them from your windowsill to your tent? Small plants can usually take a little stress, from transplanting for example. But if they were only transplanted a week ago, and have taken some form of deficiency or burn in that first week as well, they're probably under a lot of stress.

I would simply suggest flushing them the best you could, and give them plain water for a week or two and see if they improve. You can buy almost anything to make up for a single deficiency at your local supermarket or farm store, without adding the excess nutrients in your solutions that they already have plenty of.

No they are in the same pots as before. I started seing problems when i put them in the tent tbh. They started growing alot faster but then obv they started to turn out like this. The temps are defo fine because i check on them regularly. But like you say it HAS to be some sort of deficiency. Neon has suggested to start using cal-mag because im using coco so would you suggest flushing them with that or without it?

Im growing in coco soil , and epsom salt really works, the guys here helped me out, epsom salt have ca/mag really good, you started to give much nutes and she is too young, wait until 4 node the soil you have go last until the 3 4 node, just wait And dude, 29º is to hot for the plant

I had a similar problem this year with my seedlings in soil. I tested the soil and sure enouygh the nitrogen was low and the pH was about 7.2. I transplanted them in new soil with a bit of peat moss added to bring the pH down to 6.4. The new soil had sufficient nitrogen as well. They have been fine ever since.

Be very careful giving any nutes to your seedlings. They can die within a few hours if they get nutes too soon.

6.3-6.8 is higher than I usually go personally and sound like more of a soil ph. I run mine as close to 5.8 and upper limit of 6.0 it's not a huge difference and might make minimal difference but it could men the difference between life and death for all I know. I'm one of those stuffy folks that won't experiment with my ph.

soil_ph_nutrient_availability.jpg

there is a lotto wiggle room with ph,, in my opinion,,,,, don't be fooled into getting all stressed out about ph,,,, it is only one factor,,, and look at the chart,, lotto range to work there,, cheers

the 'search' function, on this site, is near useless, far as i can tell,, better to search on google and look for the 420 link, oh, and you're welcome,,,:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom