Do long flowering strains produce more buds than short flowering strains?

Phillybonker

Critical Lights has a flowering time of 8 weeks while Amnesia Haze has a flowering time of 10-11 weeks. Both appear to produce similar yields...

Yield indoor500-600 g/m²
Yield outdoor1200-1500 g/plant
Flowering Time56 days

Yield indoor550-600 g/m²
Yield outdoor1000-1500 g/plant
Flowering Time70-75 days

My question is - If both had the same amount of time in the vegging stage, would both still have similar yields dispite the difference in flowering times?

Hazes (and crosses of same) aren't known for their yield; they're just really good, :D. But the more important questions are:

Which type of effect do you prefer? Because those two strains are basically polar opposites. You've got a 90% sativa and a 90% indica. Also: How much light do you have available? Because the haze cross will tend to "want" more light-energy (and still produce less).

Expect the indica to produce more. Both in general and over time. You'll likely want to keep it in the growth phase for a longer period of time, though, all things considered.

Hazes (and crosses of same) aren't known for their yield
Hmmmm all sites on google indicate Amnesia Haze is a big yielder. May be you're thinking about the auto variety which is a smaller yielder?

Which type of effect do you prefer? Because those two strains are basically polar opposites. You've got a 90% sativa and a 90% indica.

I wouldn't say I prefer any particular effect. I enjoy both.

Also: How much light do you have available? Because the haze cross will tend to "want" more light-energy (and still produce less).

I have full sunlight available.

Expect the indica to produce more. Both in general and over time. You'll likely want to keep it in the growth phase for a longer period of time, though, all things considered.

In my country I can only keep it in the growth phase for 11 weeks from seed to the start of flowering.

I must have been thinking of old-school haze in an indoor grow room. Might have been there, done that. You didn't state that you were planning to grow them outside, and you quoted flowering times in days instead of (which part of which) month they finished up, so my assumption was "grow room."

Yeah, if you live in a southern region (northern hemisphere) or northern one (southern hemisphere) that has sunny skies throughout the long, hot growing season and an Autumn that's basically just an extension of Summer, you can produce some monster haze plants that would be taller than you could reach the top of while standing on someone's shoulders. Reportedly. I can't grow a true haze outdoors here. It often gets cool at night, here, in Autumn (sometimes coldish - low 40°F or even upper-mid 30°s). And often damp or rainy at that time.

If that strain isn't actually a 90% sativa, it could end up finishing before we in the USA celebrate Thanksgiving. That might help a lot, depending on your latitude/climate.

I must have been thinking of old-school haze in an indoor grow room. Might have been there, done that. You didn't state that you were planning to grow them outside, and you quoted flowering times in days instead of (which part of which) month they finished up, so my assumption was "grow room."

You're right, I didn't mention it is going to be an outdoor grow. My mistake.

Yeah, if you live in a southern region (northern hemisphere) or northern one (southern hemisphere) that has sunny skies throughout the long, hot growing season and an Autumn that's basically just an extension of Summer, you can produce some monster haze plants that would be taller than you could reach the top of while standing on someone's shoulders. Reportedly. I can't grow a true haze outdoors here. It often gets cool at night, here, in Autumn (sometimes coldish - low 40°F or even upper-mid 30°s). And often damp or rainy at that time.
The last 1-2 weeks of flowering will see temperatures drop to about 10.0°C (50°F) at night and it will have to put up with 5-6 weeks of precipitation averaging 146 mm | 5.7 inch.

If that strain isn't actually a 90% sativa, it could end up finishing before we in the USA celebrate Thanksgiving. That might help a lot, depending on your latitude/climate.
It's 90% sativa. My seeds aren't down yet. In my country grow season doesn't start till another two weeks.

I hope you have a productive grow. Did you decide to go with both or just one strain?

Back
Top Bottom