Do seed sacs always produce seeds?

Depends on how the seed sacs got started.
Personally, I use kinetin hormone during flowering to set the flowers and cause them to develop seedless fruit (seed sacs).
I get tons of EMPTY seed sacs. These give a very pure sweet hash taste to the buds, like "cookies" or "cake" and increases yield. (careful of fungus amongus!)

If the sacs are forming naturally because the flower actually did get pollinated then there's certainly seeds there.

There are possibly genetic varieties that form empty seed sacs on their own but I'm not familiar with any specifics.

Picture of empty seed sac next to one with a seed in it.
Should be obvious which is which.

The seed is there intentionally in my case, I knocked her up on purpose early on when she only had a few flowers. I breed my own seed.
The empty sacs result from treating flowers with kinetin spray to trick them into thinking they're pregnant when they're not. Aside from adjusting flavor and yield of the crop, the treatment also prevents the flowers from being pollinated and reduces the occurrence of random pollination from the wind.

20230820_092409.jpg

and here I tore a fresh bud open to show the *empty* seed sacs inside

(a word of caution: when seed sacs (empty or full) begin to ripen (develop an amber color) they're extremely prone to fungus and mold and can start infections that then rapidly take over the bud if not kept under control)

20230820_100745.jpg

Back
Top Bottom