Do these calyxes appear normal?

Bean Counter

420 Member
1st grow and all that jazz.
Purple Kush auto grown in soil under approx 400w CFL’s 20/4. Calyxes are massive imo however given it’s my 1st real grow I’m just after some input if these look “normal”. Back end of 11th week and she has really bulged in the last week, however the pistils seem very minimal imo and hoping she is not stressed with to much light and heat, I’m in Oz and she is currently in an open cupboard purely so she can breathe as I have no filter, but do have a small fan on her. Appreciate some other opinions.
Disclaimer one of the lights fell and snapped and burnt a few branches a few weeks back. Rookie error. Thanks

IMG_4417.jpeg

IMG_4416.jpeg

IMG_4411.jpeg

Appreciate your reply.
But I don’t think it’s over fed, but feel free to correct me. In my research nitrogen can be explained for excess green (this is point and I agree) I let her go in only store bought potting mix through seedling and veg and only introduced “tomorite” 1/2 recommended feed in last 5 weeks every 3 days. (End 11 week nearly now and she is an auto).
I have considered your comments and today decided to lift lights (which I have) and stop feeding, only with a regular 2-3 day hydration regiment.
Yep… I have a few things to correct next round but I’m either doing Bubblegum auto, or Jack Herer auto so my notes will not necessary be comparable.
Thanks again @seaofgreen18

Appreciate your reply.
But I don’t think it’s over fed, but feel free to correct me. In my research nitrogen can be explained for excess green (this is point and I agree) I let her go in only store bought potting mix through seedling and veg and only introduced “tomorite” 1/2 recommended feed in last 5 weeks every 3 days. (End 11 week nearly now and she is an auto).
I have considered your comments and today decided to lift lights (which I have) and stop feeding, only with a regular 2-3 day hydration regiment.
Yep… I have a few things to correct next round but I’m either doing Bubblegum auto, or Jack Herer auto so my notes will not necessary be comparable.
Thanks again @seaofgreen18
You'll figure it out someone else will show up to give you some ideas but yeah I think you're in need of a change somewhere good luck,im not a hydro grower

I thought the exact same as soon as I looked.
Thanks @Proky82. Let’s see how she goes with just water moving forward. She is probably at flush stage anyways, but I have read so many for/against I’m hoping to meet somewhere in-between. I gave her a feed yesterday and will let be with nutrients now and solely water. I’ve been waiting to see leaves turn and not happening, I bought a loupe and the trichomes do still appear clear, so imo she still has a couple of weeks left and will report back. Cheers guys.

Thanks @Proky82. Let’s see how she goes with just water moving forward. She is probably at flush stage anyways, but I have read so many for/against I’m hoping to meet somewhere in-between. I gave her a feed yesterday and will let be with nutrients now and solely water. I’ve been waiting to see leaves turn and not happening, I bought a loupe and the trichomes do still appear clear, so imo she still has a couple of weeks left and will report back. Cheers guys.
Looks like it's growing in soil. If it is you can't really flush soil like coco perlite or a RDWC system.
Just giving it water for a week should see it looking better.
If it's in soil just be careful not to over water it.

Back
Top Bottom