Do I bother?

Jdsurfer

Hi everyone,

Cyco - Coco and perlite
Canna nutrients A & B, Cannazym, PK 13/14
300w full spectrum LED - 18/6 light schedule
2 small fans for air circulation as well as cupboard door left ajar for fresh air supply
Temp typically sits at around 28° C
Unknown humidity levels - still need to get a reader
pH 5.5-6.0
Water every 3 days
Overall a relatively budget setup as I'm inexperienced and do this for self sustenance/the heck of it.

So I've had these plants for approx. 1 month now, when I got them they would've been maybe 3-4 weeks old. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that pre-flower calyxes had started to form and these seeds were supposedly autoflowering so assumed that was normal and they were beginning to flower. However, the calyxes have completely stopped growing, no pistils are protruding from them, and no buds are forming. All I'm seeing is more and more fan leaf growth, they're gonna out grow my cupboard if/when they stretch in flowering so I'm starting to panic. Is anyone aware of any reasons as to why this isn't flowering? I've switched the light schedule to 12/12 to try and force it, they've been on that schedule for the past 3 days now and I'm planning on giving them 1 week to show progress before I get rid of them. It's just with both of my previous grows, the clones produced pistils literally overnight, I'm not seeing any calyx growth whatsoever on these but am getting a bit of the weed smell. Do I bother waiting these out to see if they will flower at all? Or should I begin the next grow with some clones rather than some dodgy supposed auto seeds from a random? I live in NZ so when people say any strain names they've typically pulled it out of their a$$, therefore I have no clue at all what these could be.

Any help is much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20181220_150043.jpg
    IMG_20181220_150043.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20181220_095649.jpg
    IMG_20181220_095649.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20181220_095454.jpg
    IMG_20181220_095454.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20181217_184842.jpg
    IMG_20181217_184842.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20181217_184823.jpg
    IMG_20181217_184823.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20181220_095521.jpg
    IMG_20181220_095521.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 67
My guess is they are not autos. I would continue on 12/12. My understanding is that the clone is the same age as the mother and if they were autos they would have been flowering already. Nice looking plants.

sounds like they are regulars and immature ones at that... even the 12/12 is not able to trigger them. It won't be long and you will start seeing sex organs forming, about the time that you start getting alternating nodes, which should be happening about now. You could remain patient, but let me give you some alarming news if you are already running out of room... regulars will at least double in height shortly after switching to flower.

My guess is they are not autos. I would continue on 12/12. My understanding is that the clone is the same age as the mother and if they were autos they would have been flowering already. Nice looking plants.

Thanks for your reply, I've sort of come to the conclusion that these aren't autos either but they did start developing the pre-flowers before I'd done anything with the light so I'm not too sure. How long do you think I should wait? 3 days and no signs of progress as of yet...

@Emilya
Yeah I've experienced that massive stretch with the past two grows which is why I'm so concerned, i could potentially get rid of one plant and carry on the other but at this point I'm not even sure they'll flower at all. Is it normal for plants to take so long to mature when they're this size? I got them in a relatively deprived state so maybe that's why?

Oh I thought stigmas were another word for the pistils? In the photos I've attached, what are the small calyx-like developments next to the stipules? I thought those were the pre-flowers developing from which the pistils protrude from?
Stigma are the v shaped pistils that extend out of the calyx hoping to be pollinated. Stigma is a special name for those first to emerge before the flowers, but as the flower begins to form later, they are simply called pistils.

Thanks for your reply, I've sort of come to the conclusion that these aren't autos either but they did start developing the pre-flowers before I'd done anything with the light so I'm not too sure. How long do you think I should wait? 3 days and no signs of progress as of yet...

@Emilya
Yeah I've experienced that massive stretch with the past two grows which is why I'm so concerned, i could potentially get rid of one plant and carry on the other but at this point I'm not even sure they'll flower at all. Is it normal for plants to take so long to mature when they're this size? I got them in a relatively deprived state so maybe that's why?
No need to wait for anything. Like bean town said you can start to flower any time you want. If space Is an issue your probably better off starting them early. Start a journal it would be fun to follow them along.

Auto flowers will not respond to dark periods they flower when there flowering hormone is at the right level. Regular cannabis will flower after 3 weeks of growth from seed my garden is a fast flower sea of green which i triggered after only 3 weeks from seed and by day 12 of the force they are forming flowers as they should.

So if these happened to be dud-autos that for whatever reason haven't flowered, do I pretty much give up with these since they won't respond to the change in light period? Like assuming they never flower

If these do happen to be normal photoperiods then I've vegged them for approx 8 weeks now haha so they're gonna get absolutely huge. Guess I shouldn't have bought into believing these were auto and should've put them into flowering earlier rather than sit around and wait for them to do it themselves...

No they will flower soon im waiting for my ak auto from growers choice to start and its 5 weeks old now.
I definitely wouldn't have vegged them for this long had I known they were normal photos, the only reason I waited was because they started forming those little calyxes on the nodes, i thought they'd started flowering themselves

Im never long vegging again after i did a yield comparison fast flower sea of green is way more productive way faster and less time money and effort the less time there in the pot the less chance you have for your soil to have issues.
Interesting how long do you veg for a sea of green. And how many plants would you have to do in a 4x4.

Back
Top Bottom