Do you point your fans up or down in your tent?

The123321

Do you point the fans you use for circulation in the tent up or down in the tent? I am not talking about the exhaust fan. I have a 32x32 tent with the 240w kingbrite quantum board led and the driver for the quantum board is outside the tent and the temperature in the tent is like 81 - 83f on there. I have 4 clip on fans in the tent with 2 pointing up and 2 pointing down though I am wondering if the fans pointing down are moving hot air down from the led to the plants and I wonder if having the fans pointing up instead would help with temperature in the tent. I want really good air flow to prevent the mold on there. Would you recommend having all the fans pointing up in the tent on there?

I have a set of fans under the canopy, circulating air upwards and to the left. I have another set of fans pointing down onto the canopy, again circulating air to the left, or anti-clockwise. This circular motion is broken up at the corners and allows for good mixing within the tent, and then of course I have the extraction intake up near the top of the tent to take out the hot air that rises up out of the circulation.

I use two oscillating fans at or aimed at canopy level to increase air flow around the bud sites as this can reduce powdery mildew problems & aid with a slightly cooler temp around this level of grow.

Thanks. I have 2 fans pointed up from a low height blowing the air up under the buds on there. Then you think that for the different 2 fans that blowing the air from the side of the top of the plants would be a better way to do it than blowing it down from high up in the tent on there?

My thinking is that heat will naturally rise so I focus on keeping good airflow across the top of the plants and just under the canopy. This helps the plant maintain it's own temps and cuts down on chances of mold and other issues related to too much moisture. Huge thing that helped me is allowing the plants to really dry out in between feedings/waterings. If you're over-watering, all the fans in the world won't fix that.

Thanks. I plan to use autopots that I think would handle the watering for me. I only need to water it the first 2-3 weeks then turn on the autopots on there. I have a 32x32 tent with 4 clip on fans now and I think I will add 1 more fan that is blowing the air up. It is a lot of fans though I prefer that instead of a fan that moves in the small tent for it on there.

Bottom left just below the pots pointing up and oscillating with my heater below this one, top right pointing down oscillating and blowing the heat from the light down.
I have a hard time maintaining 70% or better humidity especially in summer. I've not had PM or any other issues over several grows other than minor wind burn the first couple of grows.
A 3' x 5' room with a 4" exhaust fan top center.

These little fans move a lot of air, 2 speed oscillating. Note the oscillator arm will break if you hang it upside down.
blizzard fan.jpg

Hey there, I know this is from a while ago & I'm sure u got it figured out by now. But I just wanted to put my 2 cents in real quick... so I was having the same issue, I'm using a 315w Ceramic Metal Halide grow light, which is one of, if not the strongest grow light on the market. It's pretty much the closest thing u can get to pure & natural sunlight. With that said, my temps inside my grow were getting wayyyyy too hot, the air wasn't circulating fast enough. Now in this sorta situation u can add as many fans as u want, but it's not gonna make any sorta difference. I found out for my dilemma (not sure if this applies to u or not) that I needed a stronger exhaust fan to get all that hot & stale air out of the tent. So I went ahead and bough a bigger exhaust fan & used the smaller one that was previously being used to exhaust the air to inline fresh air into the tent. Then I have my 2 clip on fans, with one of them towards the bottom facing upwards, since heat rises, so it's like a little boost to get all that air pushed up towards the exhaust fan. Then I actually use the 2nd clip on fan n point it directly at my grow light so it kinda cools it down. Other than that I have a humidifier in the tent which helps tremendously with the temperature, u just gotta watch as the plants mature because it could cause mold. I've never personally had that issue occur during a grow but I know it can be a big issue if not watched & cared for properly. I know I'm super late with saying all this, but hopefully it can help someone else down the line. Always gotta pay it forward lol. Happy growing everyone & bless up! ✌✌☮☮

Back
Top Bottom