100_13433.JPG

Here are latest pictures of my grow.

Candy to the eye's Yes?

100_13451.JPG

100_13412.JPG

100_13472.JPG

100_1348.JPG

100_13433.JPG

White Rhino strain Indica, plants where started from seedlings first, then put in the Deep Water Culture system on 11/19/2009 and are in 4th week of flowering, there are 3 larger plants and 1 runt total of 4 the runt has a stunted growth promlem that I am working on to correct, their are 2 more plants a DIY metal cabinet that you normally pay $1800 for, made one for $1300 less.

100_13542.JPG

Do it yourself cabinet, and plants in 12/12 cycle.
100_13502.JPG

Yes it has fan's venting 150wtt hps lighting, I started plants with cfl's through 3 weeks of veg then switch to the 150wtt hps in 12/12 3rd week, I don't want these plants to bushy so I will take off some of the branches off making clones of the branches, these clones will be grown, harvested and a portion of that harvest donated to my collective that I am amember of to help those how can't afford thier med's.

For those who! are interested what I did was take my small white rhino runt plant, and moved it out of the 3 gal bubble bucket and put in the Deep Water Culture system and took the moroccon skunk out of the BP system and and put it in the 3 bubble bucket, it's obvious why I did this, the skunk is a much bgger plant and in the bucket I'll be able to get more light on it an more of the branches by making it easier in turning the plant.

100_13672.JPG

100_13781.JPG

Nice updates Doc. Love the cabinet, top notch job. I am getting ready to set up a cloning station and trying to figure out if I want maintain a mother. I am eager to try cloning. I have also read a tiny bit on tissue-culture. That looks very cool have you tried it or read about it? They sell a kit for around 200 bucks.

Anyway, I am rambling cuz I am heezed out. Keep the updates and info coming, you are a goldmine my friend.

L8ER

For those who! are interested what I did was take my small white rhino runt plant, and moved it out of the 3 gal bubble bucket and put in the Deep Water Culture system and took the moroccon skunk out of the BP system and and put it in the 3 bubble bucket, it's obvious why I did this, the skunk is a much bgger plant and in the bucket I'll be able to get more light on it an more of the branches by making it easier in turning the plant.

100_13672.JPG

100_13781.JPG

So far the move has worked out and no problems to report thus far.

I have been thinking about heat for this summer as far as indoor growing goes! and after some research and talking to a few Pro growers in my area! the ones who use hydro use the drip system much like the Deep Water Culture system in fact Deep Water Culture is a hybrid of the drip system.

The drip system if you are unfamiliar with this system, the plants are in a flat type tank that can hold up to 40 plant, and the resevoir that is just a little longer than the top tank is for nutrient and is large to alllow changes and maintenance needs, that tank is located under the top flat, the nutrient fluieds are pumped up with a water pump, just like the Deep Water Culture system but from the bottom res up to the top tank to each plant, the nutrient fluieds are fed to each plant then drips down the plants roots into the flat tank and that top top allows the those fluieds that drip down to flow back it to the res tank, leaving the roots exposed to the air continously, the water pump is on a timer set to what ever the quired time is needed to feed the plants.

The point is more air to the roots for faster growth results, now to try it on a small scale all I have to do is take the second grow I have 2 plants in a 2nd bp system and add a second tank in the same fashion as about and see what the results if any are to be seen, part about the heat! that kinka solves the the heat issue! or so it seems?

I still am and always will be running a Deep Water Culture system it's proven it's self to me thus far, but there is no reason to not try new things! after all if we didn't! their wouldn't be much of anything! anywhere! everywhere if no one tried something new.

I have been thinking about heat for this summer as far as indoor growing goes it gets plenty hot here during the summer and now is the time to start thinking on how to over come heat problems! after some research and talking to a few Pro growers in my area! the ones who use hydro use the drip system much like the Deep Water Culture system in fact Deep Water Culture is a hybrid of the drip system.

The drip system if you are unfamiliar with this system, the plants are in a flat type tank that can hold up to 40 plant, and the resevoir that is just a little longer than the top tank is for nutrient and is large to alllow changes and maintenance needs, that tank is located under the top flat, the nutrient fluieds are pumped up with a water pump, just like the Deep Water Culture system but from the bottom res up to the top tank to each plant, the nutrient fluieds are fed to each plant then drips down the plants roots into the flat tank and that top top allows the those fluieds that drip down to flow back it to the res tank, leaving the roots exposed to the air continously, the water pump is on a timer set to what ever the quired time is needed to feed the plants.

The point is more air to the roots for faster growth results, now to try it on a small scale all I have to do is take the second grow I have 2 plants in a 2nd bp system and add a second tank in the same fashion as about and see what the results if any are to be seen, part about the heat! that kinka solves the the heat issue! or so it seems?

I still am and always will be running a Deep Water Culture system it's proven it's self to me thus far, but there is no reason to not try new things! after all if we didn't! their wouldn't be much of anything! anywhere! everywhere if no one tried something new.

5 weeks til harvest, I hope? I have eigthteen clones looking to root.

5 weeks til harvest, I hope? .

100_13842.JPG

My Second small grow is in it's tenth day of 12/12 cycle. I thined the 2 plants branches to promote more light to the interior of the plant, an will need less room for growth, the branches are now clones, about 12 came from the 2 plants branches.

Very nice Doctor!!! What kind of cloner are you using? The Stinkbud? I am about to start four mother plants of different varieties in my extra bubblemaid and have a clonefest!!!! Gotta build the veg and flower systems now!! Happy new year my friend, hope all is well.

Very nice Doctor!!! What kind of cloner are you using? The Stinkbud? I am about to start four mother plants of different varieties in my extra bubblemaid and have a clonefest!!!! Gotta build the veg and flower systems now!! Happy new year my friend, hope all is well.

No! actually I am using synthetic soil plugs for a grow medium and a 50 clone dome flat! I do plant on building the cloner though, I'm not sure if I am going keep some of these and donation some of them to my collective or maybe make a trade or them.

I am looking into gettting a fourty plant site flat ebb & flow system to grow the roadrunner strain have in! but it's around a $200 investment though.

I converted the second grow from a BP system to a drip system.
01891.JPG

For those who don't know drip, the pumps are down in the nutrient tank below, 1 air stick with 2 pumps pumping the nutrient fluids up their feeder tube to the plants root system up in the top tank, the fluids flow down the root system and back into the bottom tank, I know it's nothing new, but it is for me.

I want see if the growth rate changes any! and see the difference between Deep Water Culture drip, where most the root system sits in the nutrients and are only parically exposed to air, where the drip leaves the root completely exposed for max oxygen to roots an the pumps run 24/7 feeding them, I may even add a fogger just for good
measure! what the heck.

And You to Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR BRO.

I plan for my next grow the 2 strains, roadrunner fem seeds and La women fem seeds. I picked roadrunner for it's growth habit, and not sure about the la women strain? maybe someone can fill me in! who has experience either or both strains?

I found the beginning of spider mits, and since! I am in the bud stage and last 3 to 4 weeks before harvest Yes starting to see amber hairs happening, I decided to use a home made brew, I made the following mitacide from one of my books recipes, 1 gallon of water, one or more of the following : 1/2 - 1 ounce of garlic, 1 - 3 oz's of onion, 1/2 oz cloves, 1/2 - 1 oz's of cayenne pepper, which out it will get to you, I then put that in a coffee bean grinder and made to a fine powder then dropped that in boiling water for 10 min, let it cool then poor in a 1 gallon jug, try it on a few leaves first make sure it will not hurt the plants.

Hope that works I did sit down and cleaned each leaf by hand first on all the plants! I set a/c to 60 degrees to keep the room under 70 degrees! this is to slow or stop their reproduction as I work my way thought all the plant in the next few days just to make sure I make it to the finish line here.

If any comments please post them as quote this post Thanks.

100_13842.JPG

My Second small grow is in it's tenth day of 12/12 cycle. I thined the 2 plants branches to promote more light to the interior of the plant, an will need less room for growth, the branches are now clones, about 12 came from the 2 plants branches.

Here's news on this grow above it's going in the trash! turns out I guess I cloned a male (dum ass) before I knew it was a male somehow? and just wasted a month on this small grow.

so it all starts over, I am going to start Germmating a few roadrunner seeds and a la women and use them as mothers and clone from them from there.

I will have to start the CO2 generator test over on that roadrunners, do have to say the plants did seem to pick up their growth though.

Anyhow my other grow is real close to harvest and am looking at with in the next 2 weeks maybe just a little longer, may have to pull them sooner than I want to due to the beginnings of problems developing here at the end, isn't that how it goes! always something.

Anyhow my other grow is real close to harvest and am looking at with in the next 2 weeks maybe just a little longer, may have to pull them sooner than I want to due to the beginnings of problems developing here at the end, isn't that how it goes! always something.

Sounds like some hectic times in the good Doctor's corner of the world! Here's to a smooth finish and good yield. :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom