Dr Cannabis' First Grow - LED - Soil - Sweet Tooth Autos - Start: 2014 January 10th

Re: Dr Cannabis' first grow - LED / Soil / Sweet Tooth autos - Start: 2014 January 10

Im all organic too.....

Looking too boost my lighting. So will interesting to your results. My first instinct was the new light is a bit close. But im no expert on LED :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Someone in the know posted light heights on my journal. Will see if i can find it for you. But your girls will let you know soon enough.. Just keep an eye on em.., move up if needed. Not a problem really.

Enjoy your grow, fellow grower...

:Namaste:
Thx mayn :peace:

I actually moved them up a bit today, so now they're 24" away from the smallest lady. That's the maximum height as I have read it. The problem right now, is that they grow at significantly different rates. The tallest one is about twice the height of the smallest one, or more. I will try to keep that distance to the smallest one, and if that's no good, then the girls will probably tell me yea. Let's hope we speak the same language at that point :cheer:

Re: Dr Cannabis' first grow - LED / Soil / Sweet Tooth autos - Start: 2014 January 10

What i did last time round, when i had differing heights.... Is put a few big books or a box under the plant. I did that so they at same level and to minimise stretching in the smaller plant..

I think ive seen dvd cases used aswell..

Basically anything really

Take it easy :Namaste:

What i did last time round, when i had differing heights.... Is put a few big books or a box under the plant. I did that so they at same level and to minimise stretching in the smaller plant..

I think ive seen dvd cases used aswell..

Basically anything really

Take it easy :Namaste:
Hah, most excellent idea, sire! My old teacher always said those books would come in handy some day.

day34_4.jpg

Behold, the plant of wisdom standing on the shoulders of encyclopedias and dictionaries :rollit:

I do believe their growth problems to be PH/nutrient lock out related, btw. We had some construction work on the water pipes in the area lately, and only recently did my PH value stabilize to ~neutral. It had been up in the 8s or 9s prior to that, so I had to adjust it with lemon juice.. But yesterday, both the calcium and the PH value was near-perfect by default, so I didn't even have to boil the water or anything. And we have just been connected to a new pipeline, so I hope this lasts.

Next time, Gadget, next time.

I dunno, Dr Cannabis, those plants look pretty darned good to me.

You're off to a great start - you must have some knowledge of how to care for plants - no overwatering, no nute burn. :cheesygrinsmiley:

There's a pic on the previous page where I can see the vivid green in the new growth - good stuff! :thumb:

If you're interested in organic nutes, think about worm poop and fish emulsion - should be available anywhere. It's really hard to overdose with those and they're good for the soil biota.

+reps

I dunno, Dr Cannabis, those plants looks pretty darned good to me.

You're off to a great start - you must have some knowledge of how to care for plants - no overwatering, no nute burn. :cheesygrinsmiley:

There's a pic on the previous page where I can see the vivid green in the new growth - good stuff! :thumb:

If you're interested in organic nutes, think about worm poop and fish emulsion - should be available anywhere. It's really hard to overdose with those and they're good for the soil biota.

+reps
Thanks a lot, Graytail! That means a lot coming from you. I should however add that I actually did overwater one of them when I repotted them. She's hanging a bit today, so I will keep her dry for a while now.

I'm surely interesting in organic nutes, very much so, so... precious info right there. Thanks again. And for the well-being of the plants, well, I think most living creatures thrive when in as good company as shown in this photo..

dag35_4.jpg

:peace:

Not a problem Dr , i literally harvest the worm casts from my lawn.. Its great for vegative growth...

Last tea i made was worm casts/ poo and a teaspoon of woodfire ash , for trace elements ...

Bone meal is cheap and great for all plants, even those house plants in the background. :allgood::allgood:

Im gonna post a comparison shot of my plant soon..., over on my journal. Before feed and after feed..

Not a problem Dr , i literally harvest the worm casts from my lawn.. Its great for vegative growth...

Last tea i made was worm casts/ poo and a teaspoon of woodfire ash , for trace elements ...

Bone meal is cheap and great for all plants, even those house plants in the background. :allgood::allgood:

Im gonna post a comparison shot of my plant soon..., over on my journal. Before feed and after feed..

I will look forward to those, and I've been looking for that bonemeal all over, but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm on day 53 now:

First of all, I had to move to another room. I tried to control the humidity on the old room with a Konig humidifier, but it was spraying atomized calcium all over the place, so I found a thin layer of calcium on all the leaves. And on everything really.

This is the new room.

day45_21.jpg

Here I found a new challenge, to control the temps, while the humidity is good and fair.. I control the temps with a programmable thermostat so I can lower them slightly by night, and keep them down with velcro night blinds during the day (southside window).

day53_2.jpg

day45_3.jpg

The ladies has went into flowering..

day527.jpg

day533.jpg

And that's the current status. Some 10-20 days before harvest and drying.

Hiya Dr Cannabis, I been that impressed with your LED Grow that I have just Joined up @ 420magazine.com...been living over at R.I.U. for over a year and been growing under CFL's and then Hps..been interested for a while in LED and in particular CHEAP(D.I.Y.) LED systems/setups..I would love a Hans panel or A51 but the budget just won't stretch that far for a while.

Anyways Kudos for a Great LED Grow & Thread.

Peace

EDIT: Gonna look into this as well now ~

Dr Cannabis said:
plus to the plants that I use on the side to clean the air. It's a couple of hedera helix and a big dieffenbachia camilla, both used by NASA to clean the air on spaceships.

Hiya Dr Cannabis, I been that impressed with your LED Grow that I have just Joined up @ 420magazine.com...been living over at R.I.U. for over a year and been growing under CFL's and then Hps..been interested for a while in LED and in particular CHEAP(D.I.Y.) LED systems/setups..I would love a Hans panel or A51 but the budget just won't stretch that far for a while.

Anyways Kudos for a Great LED Grow & Thread.

Peace

EDIT: Gonna look into this as well now ~
Sounds good, I only know about the three LED lamps I have tried so far, and two of them were not all good I must say, so beware out there, and thanks for dropin' in, friend :)

I had to rebuild the new growroom because one of the plants is now 110cm and I couldn't lift the lamp any more. So I had to build this beast..

day554.jpg

day55_2.jpg

But the ladies seem happy - jolly good.

day561.jpg

They do look Happy, Amazing results..esp with 90w +15w LED Grow, be interesting to see what yield is? Will be Def be getting a couple of the cheaper LED kits and starting of a LED Grow, even got some K.C. Brains Auto's(Regs) to try out under em..

Again just most impressive and swayed me to look into LED even the Not High End Kit, like the A51 & Hans...like I said I can't afford either them at the moment, but just seeing this Thread is Cool, lots of peeps slag/slate LED off...some peeps on some sites very closed/single minded when it comes to Bulbs and such...IF you not burning a 1000 watt then you not growing properly or gonna have any success..Whatever...seen the same things said about CFL...crazy

Peace

Good Job m8

They do look Happy, Amazing results..esp with 90w +15w LED Grow, be interesting to see what yield is? Will be Def be getting a couple of the cheaper LED kits and starting of a LED Grow, even got some K.C. Brains Auto's(Regs) to try out under em..

Again just most impressive and swayed me to look into LED even the Not High End Kit, like the A51 & Hans...like I said I can't afford either them at the moment, but just seeing this Thread is Cool, lots of peeps slag/slate LED off...some peeps on some sites very closed/single minded when it comes to Bulbs and such...IF you not burning a 1000 watt then you not growing properly or gonna have any success..Whatever...seen the same things said about CFL...crazy

Peace

Good Job m8
Thanks my friend. Yea, I'm trying to keep this cheap and worthwhile. A balance you know. A rule of thumb I've heard is that you get a gram of bud per watt. So that would place me at 105 grams, although I sometimes couple them with a 30W -> 130W CFL grow bulb. I do hope that this grow gives me more than 105 grams tho, ~200+ grams would be a success as I see it. Especially since I only used a single 15W LED for the first 22 days.

You can see how I sometimes couple it with the CFL grow bulb here on my phone where I have live images streamed to from my growroom.

day56_31.jpg

I just bought another CFL for the veggie phase - i.e. dominant in the blue spectrum. A grow CFL from a garden center.. So now I have two of those for growing + the LED UFO for veggie and bloom..

So.. 1250+1250 lumens @ 6400 Kelvin for the CFLs (veggie).

And 3600 lumens @ ~2500 - ~7000 Kelvin for the LED UFO (veggie / bloom).

day58_2.jpg

I'm gonna buy two powerful bloom CFLs on Monday, the store was closed today. In the interim, look at these two discarded LED lamps.

day581.jpg

Well, I guess the small 15W LED could be useful for a mother-plant if I was cloning, but I'm not, so until then: Discarded. The bigger 12W LED died after a few days in use. So watch out for those. Small LEDs was why I carried out this experiment in the first place, and my conclusion is that the small LEDs are no good for more than one lady, at the max.

Re: Dr Cannabis' First Grow - LED - Soil - Sweet Tooth Autos - Start: 2014 January 10

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom