Drooping plants: severe

Newcannabislover

Help! I went down to check on my plants this morning and found them severely drooping. Photo attached. I'm growing in soil, under Fluence LED lights, botanicare nutes and liquid karma along with watermax for roots and cal/mag. This is a strain called Sherbet cookies, grown from seed from reputable seed bank in the Netherlands. I'm afraid these girls are goners, please help if you can.

IMG_0048.jpeg

These plants were last watered and fed on 3/29 and their pots are still somewhat heavy (maybe day or two til the pots are dry and need watering again). They had been slightly droopy right after watering, but that hasn't been unusual for these girls and they always bounce back in a day.

These plants were last watered and fed on 3/29 and their pots are still somewhat heavy (maybe day or two til the pots are dry and need watering again). They had been slightly droopy right after watering, but that hasn't been unusual for these girls and they always bounce back in a day.
So it's six days ago since you last watered them and they are still wet.
Did the drooping get worse day by day after you watered them last

day by day. They were droopy 24 hours ago, but not this severe. They feel lifeless now. My first thought this morning was "I'm going to lose this crop." I hope my first reaction is wrong...

How big are the plants? If it was my plants, I would pull one them out of their pots and see what's going on around the roots. Is that possible for you to do that? Saying it got worse after watering and your medium is still wet It seems over watered to me..if you pull one from the pot, Just be extremely careful as they are in a fragile state, but they will bounce back if everything is corrected. Once we find out the cause.
Is there plenty of drainage in the pots?

They're big girls. Was going to flip them in the next few days, but obviously, not until this issue is resolved. I'm leaning toward giving them a drink of plain pH'd water and seeing if they perk up. It has been a long time since they were watered and I suppose I could be wrong about the pots still holding some water

Looking at the pics it almost looks like Your problem seems to come from the left side, plants on the right side especially the last two seem to droop a bit less than the others....Almost as if they had a stream of severe cold or hot air or something like that

It was both :laugh:
Wow at the set up and the size of them and wow at the problem.
It will be pretty difficult to lift those pots and judge if they are wet or not.
Can you not stick something into the soil to see where the water table is?
A hollow tube is ideal and you can take a core sample to see if you have a soggy bottom or a bone dry bottom
Never used air pots before but I know a man that has. @Bill284
It is a long time in between watering. If you think they could do with watered, why not just water one of them. You will see within half a day what the reaction is

Looking at the pics it almost looks like Your problem seems to come from the left side, plants on the right side especially the last two seem to droop a bit less than the others....Almost as if they had a stream of severe cold or hot air or something like that
That would be really severe temp fluctuations to cause that. But you can't rule anything out at the moment. It's all a process of elimination.
Without being there in person, we can only speculate. Hopefully more folks will join in and sort this out.
I'm at the limit of my experience now, once I seen the size of those plants and the size of the pots they are in, I feel i can't comment any further. Sorry mate

Cant tell you how much I appreciate all of your input. Being so new, I still get a little panicky when my girls act up. I re-checked my notes and saw that I had been watering them every 4 days. I've been in a lot of pain lately (I use medically as well as recreationally - sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the two :) and I've gone two days past what I have been watering. I'm going to give them a drink and see what happens. I've been trying to figure out a more accurate way of measuring amount of moisture in soil, and haven't come up with anything yet and am open to tips. I'll try getting a core sample with some tubing i have here. Crossing my fingers that they're dry and some water will clear all this up. Again, thanks for all your input

Cant tell you how much I appreciate all of your input. Being so new, I still get a little panicky when my girls act up. I re-checked my notes and saw that I had been watering them every 4 days. I've been in a lot of pain lately (I use medically as well as recreationally - sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the two :) and I've gone two days past what I have been watering. I'm going to give them a drink and see what happens. I've been trying to figure out a more accurate way of measuring amount of moisture in soil, and haven't come up with anything yet and am open to tips. I'll try getting a core sample with some tubing i have here. Crossing my fingers that they're dry and some water will clear all this up. Again, thanks for all your input
Keep us updated mate. Get a journal going as well. They are going to be awesome looking plants in flower.. good luck and let us know what's happening. It's handy for all of us

All my problems have proceeded from left to right this grow. The plant on the far left is the first to show stress and the last one to recover. She's had clawed tips almost from the beginning. The rest were fine. Have decreased nutes and increased cal/mag per advice of my grow guy. Quite frankly, neither has helped much if at all.

Where are your fans? That looks like wilt. You're using a manifold drip system to water? Check and see if it's not blocked, partially blocked.

If I were in your place...I'd have the lids off the worse of them, digging around to see if there's any dry pockets in the soil. If your manifold system is only dripping onto one part of the TOP of the soil...it's prolly not saturating everything at each watering. This can lead to dry pockets that once the plant gets going, are pretty hard to detect and deal with.

long story short: your containers might be X size but the roots are only able to live in a fraction of that if your soil isn't all moist.

If this were a crime show I'd suspect there's an issue with watering and dry pockets in your soil. Pull the manifold apart, blow through everything. Then...get your hands in that soil as carefully as you can. Look for dry pockets

Example A: my outdoor grow last year I did in 25 gallon fabric pots with pretty good soil....however I never really got all of the soil moist when I was potting up so I wasted 70% of those 25 gallons

Fans not a problem. Several feet from plants and blowing gently enough to move the leaves, but not blow them away (had a problem with leaving them too close last grow). I'm about 99% sure that its an underwatering problem. Thanks for the tip on checking watering system and getting my hands into the soil. Will be heading down in a few minutes to work on that. Thanks for all your help and input. Have you heard of any reliable way to measure soil moisture other thann picking up pots?

Back
Top Bottom