Drooping plants: severe

Fans not a problem. Several feet from plants and blowing gently enough to move the leaves, but not blow them away (had a problem with leaving them too close last grow). I'm about 99% sure that its an underwatering problem. Thanks for the tip on checking watering system and getting my hands into the soil. Will be heading down in a few minutes to work on that. Thanks for all your help and input. Have you heard of any reliable way to measure soil moisture other thann picking up pots?
There's loads of commercial grade moisture probes and meters. They are not cheap, but they will work in deep soil like you have.

There's loads of commercial grade moisture probes and meters. They are not cheap, but they will work in deep soil like you have.
Like Squiggle said there are meters and they're called "Tensiometers",,,And most of them dont work and are a waiste of your good money...only the ones that are expensive might work...however your checking a limited area in your pot and i would not like to pierce the soil in multiple places and cause root damage

if you look at your roots how do they look, if they're healthy they're white/to light beige...if they are brown to black than you have been over watering causing roots to Die Off

Fans not a problem. Several feet from plants and blowing gently enough to move the leaves, but not blow them away (had a problem with leaving them too close last grow). I'm about 99% sure that its an underwatering problem. Thanks for the tip on checking watering system and getting my hands into the soil. Will be heading down in a few minutes to work on that. Thanks for all your help and input. Have you heard of any reliable way to measure soil moisture other thann picking up pots?
I don't trust the picking up method since my perception of weight varies day by day depending on how much heavy stuff I've been lifting recently. I just watch the plants and shove my hands in when I feel 'something's fucky'

Thanks. I feel like an idiot, but they're beginning to perk up after water. I'll look into moisture probes, but I'll doubt I'll ever have this problem again. We learn by doing, I guess.
My first thought was that they look just like a couple of plants I had last fall. It might help the group figure this problem out if you remember if the color of the leaves changed in the last 5 days or so.

I had two plants that were headed for the compost pile and they ended up in the back room. Whatever went wrong with them caused them to wilt like yours over 3 to 5 days. The leaves kept getting darker green and within days looked almost a black-green color. Since they were headed for the compost pile because of another problem I did nothing to try to save them--just watched what happened for about 2 weeks.

If the watering does not help and the problem returns let us know.

Thanks. I feel like an idiot, but they're beginning to perk up after water. I'll look into moisture probes, but I'll doubt I'll ever have this problem again. We learn by doing, I guess.
Don't be silly. We are all learning. I'm just happy the plants are happy.
Keep us posted

something wrong in the root zone - check temp of cement floor. If its cool to the touch that could be your problem since the amount of water you said was good.

Thats what 2 of my plants looked like when I set them outside in 30F degree weather over night.

Thanks again for all your input. The ladies look great this morning after their drink.
IMG_0051.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom