Droopy Clone Problem!

obione5

Can someone help me out i have a droopy clone im trying to perk up just gave it ph'd water yesterday morning and it's still drooping.

Strain-Royal Cookies
Medium-Half/Half Coco and Fox Farms OF
PH'd at 6.1

Snapchat--3618510403313093077.jpg

Re: Droopy Clone Problem!!

It can grow, and not be fully rooted, or rooted at all for that matter. Do you know if it's rooted or not?

A dome was just a preventative suggestion. If it's not in a ridiculously hot location, it won't hurt.

You can also see wilting from overwatering, or soil that stays too wet too long. I was assuming the first course of action

Hydro and soilless mediums should be PH'ed at 5.8 +/-. Soil should be PH'ed at 6.8 +/-.

That looks like soil, so if that's the case, the wilting could also be from a PH that's too low for a young clone.

Thanks again and yes its rooted it was in rockwool and had roots like a inch long out the rockwool I'm going to do a different ph and wait til the soil is really dry to see. I been giving it a cup of water is that bad?

Thanks again and yes its rooted it was in rockwool and had roots like a inch long out the rockwool I'm going to do a different ph and wait til the soil is really dry to see. I been giving it a cup of water is that bad?

Then you're good and rooted and shouldn't see drooping without a dome, although I'm sure it could be possible with more finicky strains.

A cup of water- That depends on the cup size, pot size, and the frequency.

I usually only water daily when germinating, and even then it's only a few drops in a 3" pot to keep the soil moist, but not dripping.

After the seedling emerges, you should start switching over to the flood/dry watering cycle.

Soil on the top should be completely dry. Not a single resemblance of moisture. It should feel like dry dirt, and look like dry dirt. After you reach that point, you will typically wait 1-4 more days, sometimes longer, which all depends on how much water the medium holds, how long it holds the water, and how much water the plant uses. Grow environment temperatures and RH will also play a role in how often you need to water. The type of lighting can also affect how much water your plant is drinking.

But if the soil on top isn't 100% dry when you water the plant, you're watering too often.

Lifting the pot is a good indicator of how much water it's holding, just lift your pots when they're dry, or fill the same size pot with the same DRY grow medium, and get an idea how heavy it is by lifting it. Then compare it to your current containers weight.

Once you get a handle on letting them dry out, the next step is watering. I water slowly with a spring water bottle with holes drilled in the cap. I do this to moisten the top layer. Once the soil starts to absorb water, I water at a faster rate, and water until I see some runoff from the bottom of the pot. After that, I'm done for several days.

Too much water will cause dropping leaves, stunted growth, yellowing leaves, little to no outward branch growth, can cause root rot too.

Take some time out and give this a good read from top to bottom: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know That'll give you a good head start on the grow, and help make it a successful grow.

Then you're good and rooted and shouldn't see drooping without a dome, although I'm sure it could be possible with more finicky strains.it

A cup of water- That depends on the cup size, pot size, and the frequency.

I usually only water daily when germinating, and even then it's only a few drops in a 3" pot to keep the soil moist, but not dripping.

After the seedling emerges, you should start switching over to the flood/dry watering cycle.

Soil on the top should be completely dry. Not a single resemblance of moisture. It should feel like dry dirt, and look like dry dirt. After you reach that point, you will typically wait 1-4 more days, sometimes longer, which all depends on how much water the medium holds, how long it holds the water, and how much water the plant uses. Grow environment temperatures and RH will also play a role in how often you need to water. The type of lighting can also affect how much water your plant is drinking.

But if the soil on top isn't 100% dry when you water the plant, you're watering too often.

Lifting the pot is a good indicator of how much water it's holding, just lift your pots when they're dry, or fill the same size pot with the same DRY grow medium, and get an idea how heavy it is by lifting it. Then compare it to your current containers weight.

Once you get a handle on letting them dry out, the next step is watering. I water slowly with a spring water bottle with holes drilled in the cap. I do this to moisten the top layer. Once the soil starts to absorb water, I water at a faster rate, and water until I see some runoff from the bottom of the pot. After that, I'm done for several days.

Too much water will cause dropping leaves, stunted growth, yellowing leaves, little to no outward branch growth, can cause root rot too.

Take some time out and give this a good read from top to bottom: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know That'll give you a good head start on the grow, and help make it a successful grow.

Thanks Antics for the help your the only one that help me and i really appreciate it so much dude may blessing come your way.

It's very nice of you to take the time to go around writing out such good answers like that out for people Antics. I know you, and many other people end up typing out the same information many times over re. common issues and mistakes , and it does take time and effort.

It's very nice of you to take the time to go around writing out such good answers like that out for people Antics. I know you, and many other people end up typing out the same information many times over re. common issues and mistakes , and it does take time and effort.

And I don't mind doing it, when I signed up here a little over a year ago, I had a ton of questions and made a ton of mistakes. Hell, I still make mistakes now, and am still asking questions. I just see it as a way that I can give back to the same community that helped me, by answering questions I've learned about in my journey to get where I am today.

Obione5 will likely be doing the same thing in a short time, as he learns more and more, he'll come across people asking the same questions he once asked, and be able to answer them.

It's a perpetual circle of knowledge.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom