My fresh cut clones are deathy droopy. Help? (pics)

Tight Lines

Hi all. I cut some clones off a healthy mother on Monday. Dipped each one in clonex right after cutting and then put them in my clone dome in the Jiffy peat pots that were PH'd down to 5.8 which usually is fine. They've been in my grow tent with temps between 74 and 78 degrees I lightly sprayed them and the top of the dome with the PH'd water. They've been under a 600w light which I know is a lot but They're not directly under the light. I put them on the other side of the 8 foot tent so the light is nowhere near as intense. Why are they so droopy. Is it because the light is still to intense? What am I doing wrong?

I moved them under a T-5 which is much less intense light. Can they spring back or are most of them gonners? Help? Thanks!

clones - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

clones - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

When I cut my first clones, I followed the advice of someone who said to cut the leaves back to 1/2 their size and to keep in darkness for 24 - 48 hours to let them rest, then under 24/0 till you see some veg growth. I use CFL's throughout.

Moisture and warmth is what the clones need to set roots. Also, water your medium BEFORE setting the clone, so you don't wash away the rooting powder. Then leave it under the dome/clear baggie until you start seeing new veg growth. Don't water again, but mist the leaves when water drops no longer appear on the inside of the dome. After roots form, they can be transplanted and set under 16/8 like the other vegging plants.

This worked for me and I had 100% success, using peat plugs. The next set of clones, I planted in the bottoms of clear plastic soda pop bottles, so I could watch the roots. (don't forget holes for drainage) Same success rate. I am currently nursing a small clone I accidentally broke off the flowering mother. I cut off the flower and half the stalk, and just left a couple of veg buds. So far it has survived 2 days under a baggie in a clear "cup", but was a bit droopy the first day. So, if it survives the shock of being taken out of flower, I'll have my first clone from a flowering lady.

Back
Top Bottom