Droopy stems, Healthy leaves?

Hijinks

Hello all - hoping someone can enlighten me as to why my plants just started recently drooping.

Strain - 818 Headband & Skywalker OG (5 Headband and 2 Skywalkers)
Veg stage - 4 weeks in from seed
Indoors
1-gallon pots
Roots Organic Soil
Headbands are under 400watts MH, the Skywalker are under a similar 400watt MH but dimmed to 75%. Both lights are air cooled.

The grow space is 5'x9' with 7.5' vertical. Temps stay around 77-80 in the daytime and 69-73 at night. RH stays around 40-50%. 6" 400 cfm exhaust dialed down with a speed controller with a similar 4" 165 cfm intake dialed down with another speed controller. There is a mounted oscillating fan on the intake wall, but because the plants are so small still I haven't been letting it oscillate. I just point it at the wall and have another smaller fan blowing against the opposite wall. All plants' leaves move with some circulation. The plants are all around 12-14" from the lights.

On average I have been watering about 1x per week. (I water until I see a small amount of runoff) Just 2 days ago the plants were watered and fed with their first nutrients (Age Old Grow) at <1/4 serving - 1 gallon split between them. I water with RO water which comes out with a pH around 7. After adding the nutrients and some pH UP it was around 6.5 pH. As I write this, the soil is still slightly moist.

Just 12 hours ago the plants all looked similar to this:

When I went to check on them before the lights went out today, however, they all look more like this:

Can anyone identify what is going on here?

Case Solved! Luckily, someone within my journal was quickly able to identify my problem.

It looks to me like they are just getting ready for bed, they know the lights are about to go off. The plants in my last grow would always droop during the night then perk back once the light came back on in the morning. I would wait to see what they look like once the light comes back on.

Sure enough, 30 minutes into the next lighting period the plants looked fine. Pretty amazing what something without a brain is able to do.

Back
Top Bottom