id like to see what they look like under a microscope.
Hi new friend! Welcome to my party! Sorry we must have been posting at the same time last night and I missed this comment!

I have plenty. Lord help me finding them now on here or my journals. Did some for @AutoNautPsychoFlower a few weeks back cause he was asking for them
compared to healthy non droughted tichomes.
well, i wont have those non droughted. All my girls drought buuuut I have a journal in progress where I will be doing a comparative-one droughted Super Silver Crack and one not. I'll have detailed comparison shots for you all day fast forward 3 months in this grow
they look alot longer for sure but the bulb looks deflated or shriveled. potency wise would be nice to send some to the lab for strength etc. looks promising for sure. great job.
I can't do anything more right now but tell you this smoke from these droughted buds far surpass any non droughted bud I have ever smoked. It's a normal thing, morphology, for cannabis.

Everything this plant does to protect itself is to protect its buds which makes for more trichome rich and cannabinoid filled post droughted buds.

We have a new sponsor who has testing kits and I am hoping to persuade Rob to let me use them to further this study.

I am sure he will be on board, for the science of it all if nothing else
Interesting, this may sound stupid, but I have seen this in tomatoes when I have to leave and can't water them for a while. Maybe when I get a couple grows under my belt, I will try it.
doesnt sound stupid at all Lemon. We have seen droughting used in fruit and vegetable cultivation for years. In fact, way back in this journal, I have a droughed fruit study. Fruit in the study that was droughted was sweeter, tastier and its genetic flavanoid compounds were elevated significantly...I really should bookmark these things for easier access when questions or thoughts like this arise
Well you knocked it out of the park on that round. Damn Fine Flower.

NTH
My good Sir NTH. Many thanks, I appreciate it from a well respected grower such as yourself!
Anticipation feels the room. :cheer: :dreamy: :green_heart:
And my fluttering heart
beautiful :yummy:
:bong:
Hey GW! Thanks so much bud!! Appreciate you kindly!
Hi kahoona,
Im not sure where it was at but I feel like Ive seen several before and afters/ comparatives around here. Hopefully somebody see's this and remembers lol. Maybe @Krissi Carbone knows where some are?
Working on it...I'll have this in a few months for sure as aforementioned!
Need some more people running grows with this technique at end of flower using scopes etc for trich pics.
We have a lot of candidates and plenty of people have been jumping on so I am sure we will continue to see more of these
I'm very inetersted in next steps too! The heads can definitely be bigger and Ive seen some amazing pics of extra thick stalks/ pillow heads as well. If growers/breeeders can figure out how to do all three (longer, bigger, thicker) we will probably be nearing the actual maximum possible potency output event horizon !!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:yahoo::laugh::rofl:

:dreamy::dreamy::dreamy: gotta dream hard!
This isn't a dream anymore! We are on the road to making this happen, already a massive work in progress that as we all anticipate, will bring massive rewards to the art of growing and harvesting and benefiting from this medicinal wonder! :cheer: :cheer: :passitleft:

Hi new friend! Welcome to my party! Sorry we must have been posting at the same time last night and I missed this comment!

I have plenty. Lord help me finding them now on here or my journals. Did some for @AutoNautPsychoFlower a few weeks back cause he was asking for them
Probably why I remember a specific post and not being stoned enough while oggling the pics is why I forgot lol ;)
We have a lot of candidates and plenty of people have been jumping on so I am sure we will continue to see more of these
Going to want as many as possible giving it a whirl. Im gonna be one lol
This isn't a dream anymore! We are on the road to making this happen, already a massive work in progress that as we all anticipate, will bring massive rewards to the art of growing and harvesting and benefiting from this medicinal wonder! :cheer: :cheer: :passitleft:
Its gonna change the world! Yes!!!!:passitleft::cheer::cheer::high-five:

Hi SC!

*Note: This stress technique is a controlled droughting experiment done for up to 11 days around the 7th week of flower; the length of droughting time is determined only by the LWA (Leaf Wilt Angle) and not the total #of days*

Find a couple reference leaves, preferably from the mid to bottom of her. Measure the angle of the leaf from the petiole to the tip of the leaf.

During the drought monitor the angle of those leaves, once the angle of the leaf has reached a point of turgidness that is 50% below its starting number, the plant has had enough.

I do want to note that after droughting for so many plants, there are many factors to consider. This particular method was one experiment.

What I have seen over time is some plants don't wilt. Some get yellow, some do not. Some get brittle. Some nugs get dry before you see any effect in the leaves.

All strain and plant specific. Never seen the exact same response from any two.

I've never lasted the 11 days. I think my max was 8 with my original droughter, an Amnesia photoperiod in a 5gl water reserve pot. I'd say I average 5-6 days in a drought for my girls in the mediums they are in.

I'm maybe too confident in what I'm doing now, but I don't measure. I grow the same way, just feel what they need really.

I know that's not a teachable thing so I try to present this technique with its intended utilization as much as possible although I have kind of went astray from the original norm I began this thread from.

Be happy to have you join us @SCD and as always @AutoNautPsychoFlower, your enthusiasm, eagerness and excitement is just what we need to help everyone get the most out of their plants! Thank you so much for the ra-ra-shish-koom-ba :cheer:

Be happy to have you join us @SCD and as always @AutoNautPsychoFlower, your enthusiasm, eagerness and excitement is just what we need to help everyone get the most out of their plants! Thank you so much for the ra-ra-shish-koom-ba :cheer:
Its my joy and pleasure to cheer on the good work you do Krissi! Even the bad work is good too!
Rah rah ree to the coral queen! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Its my joy and pleasure to cheer on the good work you do Krissi! Even the bad work is good too!
Rah rah ree to the coral queen! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Can someone give this guy the yellow shirt with the happy face that Forrest Gump made for that guy he also told Shit Happens to, because he just beams positive energy, ALWAYS!

In case anyone was wondering,  STELLA my GELATO-K, is still not harvested. I know many times my droughts go from drought to 1-2 day recovery to harvest but not always!

MAESTRO, BIG BULL, will begin her drought tomorrow after one final good watering today. I'll have pre-drought shots and trichome shots late tonight.

If I didn't mention, my parents are here through Tuesday so I'm not able to put the time in I usually do on here just yet but I won't short you!

So anyway here are the trichomes for our previously droughted STELLA as we enter Week 10 tomorrow. See you all back here later!

Happy droughting!

Love the purples!
Hey Azi! :thanks: its the Bubba Kush in her! I really like how she just has purple spots all over her, like a purple spotted green Cheetah!

Don’t you mean Ocelot? Ha.

NTH
I was so going to tag you and say the same exact thing. Yes. A spotted green, baked ocelot. My newest version of my spirit animal for 2023 and beyond :rofl:

Without further adieu, let me introduce Maestro.

She is Kannabia Seed Big Bull via @CannaPot. She is a mix of Black Domina x Early Pearl x Skunk. She was said to flower for 8-10 weeks, she is 124 days old and at Week 10 of flower.

Clearly is taking longer and I've been waiting for that reason to drought her. She is a massive plant, a Squat indica that is super dense. I expect her to handle the drought well as my last Indica Dom, Onyx, a Sirius Black squat indica, also did. She lasted 8 days looking back.

She's got a little purple in her too, from her Black Domina traits but not as much as Stella or even Sandy.

Here are her PRE-DROUGHT TRICHOMES and her PLANT AND LEAF AND BUD SHOTS will follow

@Mars Hydro FC4800 @Prescription Blend @DYNOMYCO Raised....

PRE-DROUGHT @CannaPot BIG BULL PHOTOPERIOD, "MAESTRO": TRICHOMES

PRE-DROUGHT @CannaPot BIG BULL PHOTOPERIOD, "MAESTRO": PLANT/LEAF and NON-SCOPE BUD SHOTS

Happy Droughting!

Can someone give this guy the yellow shirt with the happy face that Forrest Gump made for that guy he also told Shit Happens to, because he just beams positive energy, ALWAYS!
Im blushing lol. I love Gump :D :thanks: :cheer:

This below, who doesn't love Gump or Bubba or Auto :cheer: :green_heart:
Im blushing lol. I love Gump :D :thanks: :cheer:

I took these last night guys late and didn't get to upload them until this morning.

DAY 1 DROUGHT
@CannaPot BIG BULL PHOTOPERIOD, "MAESTRO": NON-NON-SCOPED BUD and LEAF/PLANT SHOTS

And this one has Stella still in there in the mic

And a bonus in some of the late night trichome and bud shots of Stella I got as well

Happy Droughting be back tonight as per usual, my parents got up and left super early today for the airport, didn't even get to say goodbye.

Gonna need this thread later to help regroup myself, talking to all my friends here at :420:

I took these last night guys late and didn't get to upload them until this morning.

DAY 1 DROUGHT
@CannaPot BIG BULL PHOTOPERIOD, "MAESTRO": NON-NON-SCOPED BUD and LEAF/PLANT SHOTS

And a bonus in some of the late night trichome and bud shots of Stella I got as well

Happy Droughting be back tonight as per usual, my parents got up and left super early today for the airport, didn't even get to say goodbye.

Gonna need this thread later to help regroup myself, talking to all my friends here at :420:
OH myyyyy! Everything looks so amazing. The buds are like family size or something!

Hehehe totally blushing ! Haha ✌️🙌🤤

well, i wont have those non droughted. All my girls drought buuuut I have a journal in progress where I will be doing a comparative-one droughted Super Silver Crack and one not. I'll have detailed comparison shots for you all day fast forward 3 months in this grow

I can't do anything more right now but tell you this smoke from these droughted buds far surpass any non droughted bud I have ever smoked. It's a normal thing, morphology, for cannabis.

Everything this plant does to protect itself is to protect its buds which makes for more trichome rich and cannabinoid filled post droughted buds.

We have a new sponsor who has testing kits and I am hoping to persuade Rob to let me use them to further this study.

I am sure he will be on board, for the science of it all if nothing else

doesnt sound stupid at all Lemon. We have seen droughting used in fruit and vegetable cultivation for years. In fact, way back in this journal, I have a droughed fruit study. Fruit in the study that was droughted was sweeter, tastier and its genetic flavanoid compounds were elevated significantly...I really should bookmark these things for easier access when questions or thoughts like this arise

My good Sir NTH. Many thanks, I appreciate it from a well respected grower such as yourself!

And my fluttering heart

Hey GW! Thanks so much bud!! Appreciate you kindly!

@AutoNautPsychoFlower

If you check the link in my signature for the Panama photoperiod you will find before, during, and after drought photos of buds and trichomes.
You will also find results from our sponsor @Plantchek test kits showing an increase in THC of about 4% following drought.
The difference in THC level is not the only difference. It is a completely different effect.

@AutoNautPsychoFlower

If you check the link in my signature for the Panama photoperiod you will find before, during, and after drought photos of buds and trichomes.
You will also find results from our sponsor @Plantchek test kits showing an increase in THC of about 4% following drought.
The difference in THC level is not the only difference. It is a completely different effect.
Hi Hafta!!!

Thanks so much for linking Auto to your fabulous thread and experimental mind!

Absolutely Changes everything about the smoke

DAY 1 DROUGHT

Very nice pic's

@AutoNautPsychoFlower

Thank you kindly and so very much!! Its greta to have something to point at. WOw I had a feeling that it would have to have some sort of effect on the type of high too! Just felt logical to me. Endlessly interesting and so grateful for your all of your efforts! :green_heart: :cheer: :yummy: :thanks::thanks::thanks:
Bookmarking so I can ref it constantly now lol

Back
Top Bottom