Drying too quickly

The dumbest question is the one unasked ;)

Another option to the cardboard box is the brown paper bag...similar small space, breathability, portability, and all your eggs aren't in one basket. I've used this for most of my outdoor grows because my plants are too big to hang.

I did, however, try the hang method this winter for a Lemon Auto and I like how it worked....I did a very rough trim on the plant before I chopped it and then hung it for a week in a 70%RH space...that is a higher RH than ideal, but it was constant and I wasn't worried about mold. After 7 days I broke it down into smaller branched and dried them in a 35% RH space for 4 days and then into jars a little moister than usual...they are still slow drying in the jars after 2 weeks and now I just burp them instead of leaving the jars open for 2-3 hours. Curing and drying are 2 very overlooked discussions here...so easy to grow beautiful plants and fvck them up in one quick week.

I love bud pictures. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Speaking of brown-bagging it, there's always this:

Speaking of brown-bagging it, there's always this:
Hey TorturedSoul.. I have read that link before and there is a bit of confusion there.. I to dont quite understand the Bag/Jar/Fridge/Bag process

Hi all.. just wondering if you had any tips to slow down drying.. I believe slower is better, and I cannot understand what I am doing or how to correct the problem as my last two attempts have dried anything between 4/6 days. Yes it was very warm during that period, but I am still trying to learn and would hopefully try and dry my next harvest a lot longer. Tks guys

mine tend to dry out quickly too. My fan blows at a tangent to the buds, so air is moving but it's not blowing right at the buds. The solution i have found is this: when i put the dried buds in curing jars, i leave on some big hunks of stalk and stem. Within half a day, the buds are all moist again. A few days later (burping the jars at least once per day), i remove most of those big stems. This method works very well for me, and my buds come out smelling nice, smoking perfectly, and tasting just fine!

mine tend to dry out quickly too. My fan blows at a tangent to the buds, so air is moving but it's not blowing right at the buds. The solution i have found is this: when i put the dried buds in curing jars, i leave on some big hunks of stalk and stem. Within half a day, the buds are all moist again. A few days later (burping the jars at least once per day), i remove most of those big stems. This method works very well for me, and my buds come out smelling nice, smoking perfectly, and tasting just fine!
Thanks Blue Green.. app the info, I have read a few posts regarding the chunks of stem.. will def. give it a try :bong:

Thanks for you reply Blew.. I havnt seen the brown bag method.. I will browse and have a look.. and I havnt tried hanging a full plant.. gonna grow some auto's next grow so I guess they will be small enough to hopefully hang the whole plant.. app all the advise :thanks: nice looking plant

You can add a humidifier to your drying room.

You can also put it in tote boxes and burp it kind of like a jar to slow down the drying

I bundle the harvest without them touching. If you string up it will dry faster. To bundle I use my screen that was used during growth. Attached a pick of the screen. The buds are hung inside the screen then left in a cool place. The fat buds I string up.

ALSO, dry trim will also help big time. Mine took 7-10 days to dry. It’s almost fully cured and smells dreamy.

Attachments

• 3B1DFDA6-4A62-4748-BA30-33EE64AEE650.jpeg
    3B1DFDA6-4A62-4748-BA30-33EE64AEE650.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom