Dusted’s Traditional Hydroponic Grows

Well, Oldsmokey got me thinking about a new light when he bought his. Watching my power bill I came to the conclusion I could pay for a 500W LED system in about two years of power savings, so what the hell. Ordered the same damn light. Budget series 3 red spec 3500K. I have a problem supporting a Chinese company like Mars when they are holding our citizens hostage. You can’t take your money with you, so enjoy it while you can

I suspect I will have to change my growing style with the new light. I have always grown single cola plants, but I may have to top the seedlings a couple of times and try for a canopy instead of trees

Day 33 post flip

Almost lost this crop due to severe deficiencies. Doubling up the nutrient concentration saved them. They are finally praying and not turning any more yellow than they were. The buds are growing but will be stunted. The odour in the house also went crazy, so they are happy now.

The Budget LED light will be here this week but it won't get used on this grow since it would be too difficult to hang with plants growing. Can't move the plants because they have 1 meter long roots in the drainage area.

I asked Remo about the brown filaments in their Astroflower. I thought it was fungal contamination but they say it is humic acid precipitating. Won't hurt, just looks ugly.

I read the new TOS for the website and I guess they really don't want off topic pictures in grow journals. I see Oldsmokey also saw that and now just links those kinds of photo's. I will have to try that too.

What do you do if you actually catch one? Trying to release it without getting sprayed might be challenging
You’ve got to be quick to cover the trap with an old tarp! There is no way around dealing with the spray when trapping them, just got to be swift.

Ye old THC bomb is looking great, good work! The Hindu Kush clones I have going right now have exploded with growth that I attribute to the budget light, they are that good.

You’ve got to be quick to cover the trap with an old tarp! There is no way around dealing with the spray when trapping them, just got to be swift.
They go pretty docile when you cover the trap also they need to raise there tail to spray it's difficult in the trap. Once coveted Then you can just pick up the cage and transport them to where you want to release it I wouldn't use a car pickup is preferred. Do you have anyone you don't like? :rofl:

They look happier now standing nice for the light. You should think about trying mega crop next round. Ya I got a warming about off topic pics no big deal it easy enough to post else where. I was thinking off starting a thread in the off topic section for my pics.
I still have several grows worth of REMO nutrients left and I like it way better than the GH flora series. The nutrients are also quite expensive and I’m too cheap not to use them up. My roses aren’t getting large amounts of MegaCrop so I expect the bag will last long enough for me to eventually try it on Cannabis.

It would appear that UPS has become more competitive and customer friendly. They used to charge ridiculous brokerage fees of $50-65. They have reduced it significantly. I was able to prepay the UPS COD from the tracking section this time. In the past, the driver takes the credit card info but UPS then sends an invoice in the mail two weeks later. They don’t use the credit card info. The only way to pay the invoice is to mail a cheque to them, which I refused to do last time, so they sent a collection agency after me for the $15. Good luck with that. I honestly tried to pay online but no matter what I did it couldn’t find my invoice number so I couldn’t pay. Rant over

It would appear that UPS has become more competitive and customer friendly. They used to charge ridiculous brokerage fees of $50-65. They have reduced it significantly. I was able to prepay the UPS COD from the tracking section this time. In the past, the driver takes the credit card info but UPS then sends an invoice in the mail two weeks later. They don’t use the credit card info. The only way to pay the invoice is to mail a cheque to them, which I refused to do last time, so they sent a collection agency after me for the $15. Good luck with that. I honestly tried to pay online but no matter what I did it couldn’t find my invoice number so I couldn’t pay. Rant over
I was pleasantly surprised when new light shipped i saw it was UPS new they were going to screw me with the brokerage fee. Like you i paid the fees online I think it was $30 total including tax so it wasn't bad at all compared to other experiences I have had with them

Back
Top Bottom