Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Soooo what’s up everybody!!

No tent update today but I have a DIY dry box influenced by @Mr. Krip
Here is a lineup of my equipment used:
B7254E38-8C03-45EC-87EA-1E1C13F5AD56.jpegCB842266-C911-4DB9-8E2C-35B6FF66932D.jpegDB379B8A-7001-4943-A4D5-6B2B66AAEE4B.jpeg
Took a U-Haul wardrobe box 18”x21”x48” to start with. I put proceeded to cut out the sides for 2 passive intakes 2”x16”. Then put screening in the inside taped to keep our critters and dust!
818AFEF4-C0B6-4181-8DED-02B1D18DA88E.jpeg7AA2A278-E96C-44B8-AC78-14ADCDBFE216.jpeg0BA9D4CC-35F9-4AA5-8945-A7226BAC6F5E.jpeg77BD34F6-D918-45D6-B975-D8DFD2FD0130.jpeg21582677-0C25-4715-AFBC-18F5947BF2FA.jpeg
Once installed I moved onto installing the fan. I traced the fan and then cut it out leaving the corners to put screws through!

Now it’s time for testing! Hung my herb drying rack inside the box and turned the fan on ...... MAX POWER Capt!!! At 12V the fan had enough power to hold a Kleenex on both intakes at either side so we have great airflow. I can turn the voltage down on fan to decrease how much airflow we have going through the drybox if we need to decrease dry speed.

I did not add scent control as me and the misses are not concerned about smell at all. If you wanted to add in a small filter it could be added to the inside of the exhaust fan.

Total cost : $38
This is a great little dry box and I look forward to testing it out in about a month on my first harvest !!

Any questions please feel free to ask!

Roasting bag method looks interesting ! But I had this box already here so reusing it only seemed right! Krip said he had good results in it as well so hey why change something that works !
Nicely done, looks just like the original Krip-O-Matic. I'm going the roasting bag method on my first dry but I'll know where to look if I want to go this route. :welldone:

Roasting bag method looks interesting ! But I had this box already here so reusing it only seemed right! Krip said he had good results in it as well so hey why change something that works !
Yup, exactly. He knows his stuff, as many do here from experimenting. I ride the coat tails of many at 420, learning from their mistakes and successes

Friday September 21,2018 - Day 54

Hello and happy Friday! Hope everyone is excited for the weekend as I am! Getting out on the ATV tomorrow going for a big trial ride with the cousin! Should be an absolute blast! The weather here I southern Ontario is getting cooler each week. The leaves are changing and falling it’s becoming my favourite time of year! Now I’m in a puzzled state trying to figure out which seeds to drop for my next auto run! I know I want to keep it fruity but I wanted some of your opinions: whether grown before or u just like the name! I’ll post a description of each seed below the picture of the pack!
958FF150-F23F-4C2E-9DC3-E3EEF5CB17FE.jpeg

91C79084-6480-4A81-99F8-9D7489EE15C0.png

3D0528B8-5461-43EF-AE99-8F6267679FB8.jpeg

4th generation autoflowering strain. This is the result of the cross between our Crystal Candy® (SWS58) and an autoflowering strain with very similar aromatic tones, the Sweet Special Auto (SWS35).

This strain was developed within a special programme of the Sweet Seeds® R&D Department focused on the search for curious, exquisite and subtle sweet aromas that evoke aromatic sensations of candy shop. The aroma of this strain is sweet and fruity, with tones of chewing gum and fruit jellies, mixed with hints of acid strawberry and mature melon.
This strain is a great producer of aromatic resin crystals and also a large producer of beautiful buds. It features a big size for an autoflowering strain, producing plants that easily exceed one meter of height.
Data Sheet
Variety SWS61
Indica: 60% / Sativa: 38,44% / Ruderalis: 1,56%
THC: 14-19% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 400-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 50-300 g/plant
Indoor/Outdoor Harvest: 8 weeks from germination
Height: 70-130 cm
D657E939-F085-4B86-AC6C-E5EF9BC662F8.jpeg

Auto Pink Grapefruit is the fruitiest lady in our auto collection with an amazing aroma and incredible production levels. Her genetic makeup includes AK47, Blueberry, Diesel and grapefruit and the result of all these elements makes for a wonderful autoflowering strain.

The plants are medium to large and can easily reach 1m (3 feet) in height and will often measure the same distance across. The bushiness of this strain can be quite astounding and means the number of buds and the potential yields are excellent.

The scent in the grow room is exotic with berry and citrus flavours most dominant and some skunky notes in the background. As the buds mature there can be some beautiful colouration with purple and blue hues amongst the dark green buds.

As you would expect from this strain the flavour of the smoke is sweet and fruity but you can also find some hints of pepper and spice as well. The effect is nicely balanced, euphoric as it first hits, with an intense ‘body stone’ to follow. The narcotic properties of this strain make it a great night-time medicine for those looking for a sleep aid and some pain relief.

Auto Pink Grapefruit requires little attention and seems to grow very well on its own in a variety of setups. Single plants can easily produce 30g but 60g is also possible with some TLC. The bushiness of the strain also means it works very well in Sea Of Green grows and then yields can be even more impressive.

Auto Pink Grapefruit is part of our Boutique Line of cutting edge Autoflowering cannabis genetics. The Boutique Linecontains the most up to date autoflowering genetics which are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with autos. All the strains in the Boutique Line are big, tall, heavy -yielders and have been produced’ in-house’ by Shortstuff’s master breeders.

Auto Pink Grapefruit can produce incredible yields!
8D14934B-8B11-435B-BE7C-F07F3200A465.png
46B1CF56-9CDA-422C-8FF9-F8790D2D19FC.jpeg

Auto Purple Amnesia is a fantastic new strain from our team of auto-flowering experts at shortstuff seeds. Following on from the much heralded Mi5 strain we bring you another Purple Auto but this time with the benefit of Amnesia Haze in the genetic makeup. This cutting edge hybrid also includes Diesel and Critical+ in its ancestry so potency and yield are well taken care of.

Auto Purple Amnesia exhibits explosive growth from 3 weeks and will shoot up to around 80cm (32″) very rapidly. This strain likes to branch out, so with some encouragement and space you will end up with numerous bud sites. Auto Purple Amnesia produces lovely lime green buds with purple hues that give off a citrus aroma that is wonderfully sweet.

The taste of the smoke is zesty and peppery and will make your mouth water while you experience a creative, hard hitting effect that comes on strongly and progresses to a more mellow state.

Auto Purple Amnesia is easy to grow and with some care and attention can exceed 60g per plant without a problem.

This strain has recently broken auto-flowering records with one plant producing 683g of buds! Auto Purple Amnesia is part of our Boutique Line of cutting edge Autoflowering cannabis genetics. The Boutique Linecontains the most up to date autoflowering genetics which are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with autos. All the strains in the Boutique Line are big, tall, heavy -yielders and have been produced’ in-house’ by Shortstuff’s master breeders.
7DFC0AB8-77B9-47EE-BB56-88FFAC8D334F.png

OK sooooo now that’s discussed let’s move on to the update for today!! EM2 and WW2 got fed today! Today was a photo shoot for EM1/2 and they are looking lovely! EM1 is stretching even more so hopefully she slows down she has a 30” top canopy and is just getting bigger!! Her flower sites better pop soon lol! EM2 got a minor defoil and feed today. She was a bit droopy during photos but is now perky as always!

And finally wanted to show you guys WW1 all her flowers are starting to get a nice frosty coating!

Alright well phew! Glad to get all that out I know it’s a big one! Haha hope everyone has an amazing day and Green dayz!!
:passitleft::420:

Friday September 21,2018 - Day 54

Hello and happy Friday! Hope everyone is excited for the weekend as I am! Getting out on the ATV tomorrow going for a big trial ride with the cousin! Should be an absolute blast! The weather here I southern Ontario is getting cooler each week. The leaves are changing and falling it’s becoming my favourite time of year! Now I’m in a puzzled state trying to figure out which seeds to drop for my next auto run! I know I want to keep it fruity but I wanted some of your opinions: whether grown before or u just like the name! I’ll post a description of each seed below the picture of the pack!
958FF150-F23F-4C2E-9DC3-E3EEF5CB17FE.jpeg

91C79084-6480-4A81-99F8-9D7489EE15C0.png

3D0528B8-5461-43EF-AE99-8F6267679FB8.jpeg

4th generation autoflowering strain. This is the result of the cross between our Crystal Candy® (SWS58) and an autoflowering strain with very similar aromatic tones, the Sweet Special Auto (SWS35).

This strain was developed within a special programme of the Sweet Seeds® R&D Department focused on the search for curious, exquisite and subtle sweet aromas that evoke aromatic sensations of candy shop. The aroma of this strain is sweet and fruity, with tones of chewing gum and fruit jellies, mixed with hints of acid strawberry and mature melon.
This strain is a great producer of aromatic resin crystals and also a large producer of beautiful buds. It features a big size for an autoflowering strain, producing plants that easily exceed one meter of height.
Data Sheet
Variety SWS61
Indica:
60% / Sativa: 38,44% / Ruderalis: 1,56%
THC: 14-19% · CBD: 0,1%
Indoor Yield: 400-600 g/m2
Outdoor Yield: 50-300 g/plant
Indoor/Outdoor Harvest: 8 weeks from germination
Height: 70-130 cm
D657E939-F085-4B86-AC6C-E5EF9BC662F8.jpeg

Auto Pink Grapefruit is the fruitiest lady in our auto collection with an amazing aroma and incredible production levels. Her genetic makeup includes AK47, Blueberry, Diesel and grapefruit and the result of all these elements makes for a wonderful autoflowering strain.

The plants are medium to large and can easily reach 1m (3 feet) in height and will often measure the same distance across. The bushiness of this strain can be quite astounding and means the number of buds and the potential yields are excellent.

The scent in the grow room is exotic with berry and citrus flavours most dominant and some skunky notes in the background. As the buds mature there can be some beautiful colouration with purple and blue hues amongst the dark green buds.

As you would expect from this strain the flavour of the smoke is sweet and fruity but you can also find some hints of pepper and spice as well. The effect is nicely balanced, euphoric as it first hits, with an intense ‘body stone’ to follow. The narcotic properties of this strain make it a great night-time medicine for those looking for a sleep aid and some pain relief.

Auto Pink Grapefruit requires little attention and seems to grow very well on its own in a variety of setups. Single plants can easily produce 30g but 60g is also possible with some TLC. The bushiness of the strain also means it works very well in Sea Of Green grows and then yields can be even more impressive.

Auto Pink Grapefruit is part of our Boutique Line of cutting edge Autoflowering cannabis genetics. The Boutique Linecontains the most up to date autoflowering genetics which are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with autos. All the strains in the Boutique Line are big, tall, heavy -yielders and have been produced’ in-house’ by Shortstuff’s master breeders.

Auto Pink Grapefruit can produce incredible yields!
8D14934B-8B11-435B-BE7C-F07F3200A465.png
46B1CF56-9CDA-422C-8FF9-F8790D2D19FC.jpeg

Auto Purple Amnesia is a fantastic new strain from our team of auto-flowering experts at shortstuff seeds. Following on from the much heralded Mi5 strain we bring you another Purple Auto but this time with the benefit of Amnesia Haze in the genetic makeup. This cutting edge hybrid also includes Diesel and Critical+ in its ancestry so potency and yield are well taken care of.

Auto Purple Amnesia exhibits explosive growth from 3 weeks and will shoot up to around 80cm (32″) very rapidly. This strain likes to branch out, so with some encouragement and space you will end up with numerous bud sites. Auto Purple Amnesia produces lovely lime green buds with purple hues that give off a citrus aroma that is wonderfully sweet.

The taste of the smoke is zesty and peppery and will make your mouth water while you experience a creative, hard hitting effect that comes on strongly and progresses to a more mellow state.

Auto Purple Amnesia is easy to grow and with some care and attention can exceed 60g per plant without a problem.

This strain has recently broken auto-flowering records with one plant producing 683g of buds! Auto Purple Amnesia is part of our Boutique Line of cutting edge Autoflowering cannabis genetics. The Boutique Linecontains the most up to date autoflowering genetics which are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with autos. All the strains in the Boutique Line are big, tall, heavy -yielders and have been produced’ in-house’ by Shortstuff’s master breeders.
7DFC0AB8-77B9-47EE-BB56-88FFAC8D334F.png

OK sooooo now that’s discussed let’s move on to the update for today!! EM2 and WW2 got fed today! Today was a photo shoot for EM1/2 and they are looking lovely! EM1 is stretching even more so hopefully she slows down she has a 30” top canopy and is just getting bigger!! Her flower sites better pop soon lol! EM2 got a minor defoil and feed today. She was a bit droopy during photos but is now perky as always!

And finally wanted to show you guys WW1 all her flowers are starting to get a nice frosty coating!

Alright well phew! Glad to get all that out I know it’s a big one! Haha hope everyone has an amazing day and Green dayz!!
:passitleft::420:
You got good taste in strains... lol

I'm growing that Pineapple Express auto right now, and I've grown those exact Pink Grapefruit and Early Miss auto.

Too funny. Hope they do well for ya!
:passitleft:

How did you like be pink grapefruit !! I’m leaning towards that and the Pineapple Express this upcoming run !!
I had a really bad run with both EMa and PGa. I was still new to growing though; Early Miss was my first grow.

Just remember that "dwarf/low-flyer" autos can be temperamental, and they will be great!

Here's my Pink Grapefruit (only 1 of 5 seeds germinated)
2018-04-12-08-00-32.jpg

I think that batch of seeds got fried by sitting in my mailbox for an hour or two in TX heat.

Back
Top Bottom