Dutty Retires To The Tent To Test LED Technology

Laying garden felt and planting corn. I'll post more info on my led trial and expectations once I'm done veggie gardening. And I'll reply to all posts.

I want to see the Dutch Treat compared to your last test results at A-360 :)

Well firstly, subbed.

Secondly, I say grow what you are most familiar with, your comparison will help draw accurate conclusions to the test you are running.

Thirdly, don't use Doc Buds kit because I don't want to have to compare my medicine to yours :rofl: just kidding, I say go H&G and HB if you can do both!

Very excited too see what happens here, I don't think anyone will be able to talk shit on the results Dutty gets. As if Doc Buds word wasn't enough :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good stuff Dutty, you're cool as fuck.

cool guys as soon as leds get here I'll tally up results.

Max your cool as fuck

I may do both if that's the going consensus.

SO my goals for this journal are.

To see which will produce more grams per watt.
See how much stretching can occur under led.

But more importantly I'd really like led to work so I can get my hps out of bloom and use half of my heat pump for my recording studio lol. It's hot as hell in here and in 15 mins roughly I got rehearsal!

Subbed here Dutty - you will be surprised by your results. Everything about LED growing from my experience is different than HID and also different than what you expect as well. I was surprised by the heat I'm getting since the lamps are in the tent and running an HID with a cool tube the heat gets taken out of the tent. That was my first "gotcha", but over all I've gotten great results.

For cal/mag or whatever deficiencies (I of course do not believe in that stuff) I use vermicompost, its got all the minerals and vitamins the ladies will need for the entire grow. But that's just how I do it.

My vote is for 9# Hammer X4

Nine pound hammer

It killed John Henry

Ain't a-gonna kill me.

Ain't gonna kill me.

Roll on buddy,

Don't you roll so slow.

Baby, how can I roll

When the wheel won't go?

Subbed here Dutty - you will be surprised by your results. Everything about LED growing from my experience is different than HID and also different than what you expect as well. I was surprised by the heat I'm getting since the lamps are in the tent and running an HID with a cool tube the heat gets taken out of the tent. That was my first "gotcha", but over all I've gotten great results.

For cal/mag or whatever deficiencies (I of course do not believe in that stuff) I use vermicompost, its got all the minerals and vitamins the ladies will need for the entire grow. But that's just how I do it.

My vote is for 9# Hammer X4

Nine pound hammer

It killed John Henry

Ain't a-gonna kill me.

Ain't gonna kill me.

Roll on buddy,

Don't you roll so slow.

Baby, how can I roll

When the wheel won't go?

Merle travis' song great who did you prefer covering that?

What up weasel glad you are gonna check this out!

Of course! It'll be great to see some real tests- not just the usual test I see, of who can yell the loudest about which one is better.
I'd vote for either a side by side with HB and H&G, or else just with H&G because that's what you've had the most experience with, and experience will tell you how to read the results you're getting with the LEDs.
Myself, I need my HIDs to heat my grow so would need some real advances in LED to have to make me start worrying about switching. One thing I wonder- five years ago LEDs were obviously not as good as HIDs. But enough people bought them that the technology keeps improving. Now some of them are at least on par, with room for improvement. I wonder if five years from now they will be hugely improved, and the current ones obsolete, while HIDs will be about the same as ever. Unless you see a big difference maybe it makes sense to wait on better prices and better tech? The thought of having a cooler studio must be tempting though

Right on, Weaselcracker!
Shrieky dogmatism has really become a bummer. From rocks and worms to space-age, computer-driven misters in a polymer housing, they can all be fun and will all grow some herb.

For experimental purposes, I'm w/several of this illustrious crowd: go w/what you know. Hone the edge of the test.
Respect

Of course! It'll be great to see some real tests- not just the usual test I see, of who can yell the loudest about which one is better.
I'd vote for either a side by side with HB and H&G, or else just with H&G because that's what you've had the most experience with, and experience will tell you how to read the results you're getting with the LEDs.
Myself, I need my HIDs to heat my grow so would need some real advances in LED to have to make me start worrying about switching. One thing I wonder- five years ago LEDs were obviously not as good as HIDs. But enough people bought them that the technology keeps improving. Now some of them are at least on par, with room for improvement. I wonder if five years from now they will be hugely improved, and the current ones obsolete, while HIDs will be about the same as ever. Unless you see a big difference maybe it makes sense to wait on better prices and better tech? The thought of having a cooler studio must be tempting though

LED is like cell phones its just gonna keep improving and older models will eventually be obsolete

:popcorn: In

I think we will see many different options in light in the next years.
LED, special reflectors (GLS 1000) Plasma and so on.

I vote for a strain you know well like Jilly.

Led panels are en route. Expect no later than Monday. Maybe Tuesday. Vortex can Fan, ventech speed controller and phresh filter all to be here June 4th.

Heres the fan and controller that's coming.
14649.jpg

Here's my green light for the tent I just ordered
1_1_24.jpg

Will you be running CO2 in the tent? Didn't see mention.

Negative ghost rider.

Yeah I thought about it but I don't want to buy another controller and sniffer. Actually I have a reg but the controller and sniffer are about 200$ this trial is already at like 2000 just in gear.

My bloom room is sealed as well and I don't exhaust at all. With the tent I will be probably either exhaust consistently with fan on speed control or once every hour for 15 mins. I did that for years on my 800 cfm can fan and it still runs.

Nice set up sir. Do you sleep on the right side of the bed ? Id be poppin my head in there all night to see whats going on and wouldnt get much sleep haha. Ur wife must be pretty chill I think mine would shoot me if she came home and saw that next to my bed I can already hear her asking if Im gonna screw them instead of her LOL.
What your prediction on the evolution of LEDs? When are we gonna see a mind blowing product that makes HPS completely obsolete like digital music did to CD's? Cant wait to see you apply your genius to a tent grow Im subbed up fo sho!

Back
Top Bottom