DWC growing vs soil growing: which do you prefer and why?

Which do you folks prefer to grow in?

• Soil

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • DWC

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Both

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
As U can C from my profile pic, I'm strictly an outdoor grower. I've meet a lot of fellow growers at my local hydro shop, many of which are DWC types, and I even considered going hydro myself when I first started growing weed. But after consulting with many DWC growers and the proprietor of the hydro shop, I decided to go with soil. For me, the reasons are many:

The #1 reason for me was, soil is something that I already know. I've been growing fruits and veggies organically since I was 13 years old. Outdoors, of course. Back then we had 3 fruit orchards a nut orchard and a 1 acre vegetable garden. We also raised a fair amount of livestock, so this provided plenty of natural fertilizer that we'd compost 1st then use on everything we grew. Our family was very poor back then, and yet, we had the BEST fruits and vegetables ANYwhere. All of the rich folks from town would come out and buy what we couldn't use. For me, this served as the best proof that we were on to something.

Secondary reasons are related to cost. With an indoor grow there's the electric bill, AC units, heaters, dehumidifiers, fans and lighting. Plus the additional costs of DWC? While I'm fully aware that a DWC setup, in the right hands, is a great way to go; because I was just starting out, I simply felt that the learning curve was just too steep for me.

And finally, because I was getting into growing my own medicine, I was going 100% organic anyway. So, soil seemed to make the most sense, at least to me. After all, THE primary reason I got into growing was because I was sick and tired of buying weed that was either bottom shelf or full of pesticides, herbicides, mold and God knows what else. Plus, the fact that NObody in my area sold dry flower that was rich in CBD.

Please don't get me wrong... I absolutely love to get high too. But with my PTSD and various aches 'n pains, I need something more. CBD hits the nail square on the head, for me. And, just like the farm that I grew up on, because I know what I've put into these plants, I know exactly what I'm getting back. 100% from the earth; 100% from nature! That's the life for me... :yummy: :rollit: Oh yeah... one more thing. The choice of growing outdoors also allowed me to keep my roommate. He helps a lot with the rent.

Thanx 4 listening

Back
Top Bottom