Grow room vs box

Robo Jester

Hey folks.

I was thinking it will be great to set up a room when we buy a house this fall.
After doing some reading here I am thinking maybe a box would be better.

Here are my reasons why.
I think it would be MUCH easier to control the environment in a box.
Much easier to make an airtight box than room.

Being very handy I was thinking of building some cabinets in the garage for my tools etc and just have one for my grow. Maybe paint it red and print flammable on it and add a padlock :)

Hidden in plain site kind of idea.

So thoughts on boxes vs room are very welcome....

I think tent would be a good option. Grow tents are pretty good, with some creativity I am sure you could make them stealth as well.

Building a box that was 24" x 36" x 48" tall cost me....almost as much as a 48" x 48" x 72" tent. Plywood was not cheap. But, you are entirely correct, I can hide it in plain sight, in my garage, right next to my cabinets and it does not look like a grow room. I do have small storage room that I'm considering putting a tent in as well, but I'd have to find a way to vent it through the wall unless I leave the door to that room open all of the time.

I don't think you really want a room "airtight" anyways, as you need some airflow to bring good air to your plants. If you're removing air/heat to keep the room temperature down, you'll need to be sucking in air from somewhere anyways.

I was thinking air tight so i can control the environment.
I would have passive intake at the bottom and fans removing air at the top

That way I could create negative pressure in the box and contain the smell:)

A matter of semantics. As long as you have air flow across your plants, they won't mold.

A Tent can be very expensive if you have to have it shipped. Cabinets are good if they are deep enough, at least 24" deep. (My 24" x 48" closet barely holds two mature plants). And you can use them for off-season storage without damaging the walls.

Back
Top Bottom