Early detemining of motherplant pre-flower

DeBelly

Hey guys hope you can help me out here, I was wondering if there's any way of determining early on from seedling or in the vegetative stage the best genetics. Im really going to be limited in grow space and plan to scrog a single plant as opposed to flowering say four and taking clones from the best one.

Common sense indicates to me that it would be best to go with the fastest growing/most healthiest looking. Would this be misleading early on? or do generally the fastest growing early on give the highest yields? I am also interested in high potency so is there any correlation there?

I hope you can help, I am sure if there was any tell-tale signs it would be apparent to experienced growers. I really couldnt find anything on this in my own research.

Ps. I would of course be using feminised seeds

common sense is sometimes wrong in the pot growing world,,,, just saying.. strains vary by many aspects, growth rate, size, yield, high, some are prone to powder mold, some are hard to clone, some smell really bad, and some don't... good luck to ya,, also growing styles matter, ferts, bulb, soil or hydro, etc......

Sorry I should have said at the moment I will either be using trainwreck or white widow. feminized seeds. if i were to plant a few but only able to flower one, how would i best determine the best plant to flower?

I guess my question isnt a question about which strain to use, but if there is a way of choosing the best without flowering a load doing taste tests looking at final yield ect ect

I may be looking for a shortcut that doesnt exist.

also if it helps ill be growing hydro under 600 hps not sure of what nutes yet because im not settled on which strain

cheers

both strains are good,,, IMO i'd try the white widow... i use the 3 part fert by general hydro,,,,can't really help any more,, i do clones.... good luck....

Back
Top Bottom