Early flowering? Or nothing to worry about?

Themad1

Hey guys, is my northern lights going into early flower or can this amount of pistols be considered normal in veg state? This is my first northern lights grow so unfamiliar with its characteristics. I've seen plenty of pistols on my other grows but not quite as many as this. This plant has been in the ground since oct 1st and was under a 16hr light schedule for a month before that. I decreased the amount of light in the tent gradually to match the daylight hours outdoors before moving her, which was 13 hours daylight. It was under 30cm when planted in ground and now is 4ft so seems a bit strange if its going trying to flower now? She should still have 3 months of veg? Do I have a early flower problem on my hands or nothing to worry about?

I'm assuming it's a photo period? That does look to be going into flower. Normally you don't want to put them outside until the dark hours shrink a bit more as you can get what you're seeing. No worries though since as the day hours lengthen it'll reveg and get really bushy (monstercrop) as it goes through veg and then will flower as the night hours grow to the trigger point (usually 10.5 hours-ish).

Unless it's an auto. If it is, flower will just continue to roll.

Hey Azi, yeah its a photo period, at the moment we're getting 14hrs light, I've never started them under lights until now, thought I'd get a jump on the growing season, hopefully it wasn't a costly mistake.

Yeah, that's kind of a big plant to be an auto.

So, 10 hours of dark which should be pretty close to ok. Indoor growers normally do 12/12 to be safe but the trigger is actually closer to 10-10.5 hours. But, by decreasing the lights hours in your tent, and thereby increasing the dark hours which is really what the trigger works off, the plant hormones probably started preparing for flower before you set it outside.

But, it should be fine. As I said it will go through a reveg cycle and get super bushy. Just keep feeding it your veg nutes and make a note for next year.

Like @Azimuth says but it also might get some weird singles and flat leaf stem's just trimmed them off and keep on keeping on as it transitions back to veg
My experience is most photoperiod plants with anything under 14 to 15 hrs of light will flower sometime it's better to put them out later when the light is long enough
Also Weak light will stress them and make them flower as well. ive had some off to the side outside the footprint (had to many clones and could not throw them away) in my veg room that were under 18 hrs and they started to flower, just for for future reference ✌️

Hey Azi, yeah its a photo period, at the moment we're getting 14hrs light, I've never started them under lights until now, thought I'd get a jump on the growing season, hopefully it wasn't a costly mistake.

shouldn't be too much of an issue if you are just starting the regular growing season. as long as your daylight hours are increasing it will revert.

it won't like you but it will do it.

Thanks for the input @Azimuth and @seaofhow long do you think it could take to revert back?

it depends how many light hrs it gets. give it a minimum of 2 wks if light hrs are increasing. i really hope you are southern hemisphere as it's winter here lol

Getting 14 hours of daylight and increasing, I normally harvest early April, just hoping I haven't taken a big backward step in trying to get a headstart lol.

Gidday mate , i've done this a few times, what i noticed is that the older the plant the quicker they respond to sudden light hour change , although u ajusted the hours indoors , northen light is a forgiving strain its early enough in the season that she should snap out of it in a few weeks , will be interesting , keep us posted , take care dude & peace to all🙏✌️

Gidday mate , i've done this a few times, what i noticed is that the older the plant the quicker they respond to sudden light hour change , although u ajusted the hours indoors , northen light is a forgiving strain its early enough in the season that she should snap out of it in a few weeks , will be interesting , keep us posted , take care dude & peace to all🙏✌️
Thanks mate, yeah hopefully she forgives me lol, first time growing northern lights, doffs wouldn't have been my first choice but I've been having big trouble securing seeds from international seed banks and still had this seed that a mate gave me a couple of seasons ago. I honestly don't like the way it wants to grow, none of the branches want to branch out without training, they seem to want to just grow straight up.

Thanks mate, I was aiming for a 10 pounder, not gonna get it with this strain I don't think,,

This might be of interest to you if you're trying to grow 10 pounders -

He has got quite a few videos on that gardening channel.

would love to get my hands on some eleven roses seeds

I grew eleven roses outdoors on my last grow, it's got a loose bud structure so it fairs better than most indicas in wet humid climates. If they are kept healthy and not under too much stress eleven roses also has good insect resistance.

Hey philly, yeah man I love John kholer and T.d I've seen all of their videos. T.D is my idol when it comes to canmabis cultivators.

I was wondering if you've already seen their videos. I've also seen all their videos. Although my growing style is different than TD's due to growing under different circumstances, I do still use a couple of his tricks and learned a few things too like how sardines make better fertilizer than other species of fish.

Back
Top Bottom