Easy Ryder Hempy Bucket! Pics! Near Done!

mortimer

I have an Easy Ryder autoflower female plant growing in a hempy bucket under a 120w LED with 3w bulbs in a closet with a clip-on fan for circulation. I started her in a peat pellet then transfered to a red party cup with a hole about one inch from the bottom. After a couple of weeks I then transplanted her into the hempy bucket. She then got some brown and yellow spots but eventually recovered. Didn't like the move at all. Next time no more party cups. Will put the rooted peat pellets right into the bucket. I am using Holland Secret Grow, Micro, and Bloom for nutes. My feeding schedule is feed-skip-feed-skip-flush-skip,etc. She sprouted on New Years Day so today has been about 9 weeks. Normally these finish after 10-11 weeks but this one is not near ready. She is not very crystally like she should be I would think. Anyway she seems to be thriving and still growing like she could go another 3 weeks! I'm sure she will start to show more crystals. In the meantime I will continue to feed and flush. Thanks for looking. Any comments would be appreciated.

014_2_2.jpg

017_2_2.jpg

018_2_2.jpg

019_2_1.jpg

I have some new pics coming soon but so far little has changed. Only a few pistils have turned and trichs still seem mostly clear. So I continue to feed-feed-flush and watch for signs of maturity. More than likely she will go to the end of the month. She sprouted Jan. 1.

Little to close to the light.

I looked closer at the trichs with a radio shack microscope and they are mostly cloudy now. She had her last feeding. Will begin flushing till the end. I did see one very amber trich so the end is near. Will start another seed soon. Northern Lights. Any comment on your experience with Northern Lights. Can't seem to get anyone interested in this journal concerning hempy buckets or easy ryder.

Tough being ignored. A lot of people don't like the ryder strains. I grew lowryder years ago and thought it was a fun grow. Never grown Northern Lights. Presently growing Mind, Body, Soul and testing some new strains from Michigan.

Tough being ignored. A lot of people don't like the ryder strains. I grew lowryder years ago and thought it was a fun grow. Never grown Northern Lights. Presently growing Mind, Body, Soul and testing some new strains from Michigan.

Thanks for the comments, Herb Fellow. Yes it is tough. Sometimes I think why am I doing this? I have done some other journals but I think you're right that if its not a strain they are interested in they wont bother. Thought ez ryder was a fairly popular plant. I will tell you one thing. It is the absolute oddest plant I have grown. Its all one big cola. Should be done soon but wont yield too much I dont think..

I started flushing and noticed the hairs changing rapidly and so I took out the 'ol lens loupe (30x) and saw what appeared to be an abundance of amber trichs. I grew this plant once before with a couple of other autoflowers and did not get good results. It turned out to be a dud as did the snowryder. Only my himalayan blue diesel turned out well and it is going on 4 months curing. This time I am only growing this one and it seems to be much more crystally now. Hoping it turns out better than the last one. Probably will harvest this weekend. I will eventually do a smoke report.

Still have not harvested due to hairs remaining white for the most part. Didn't look at trichs but will again this weekend. It may be the end of the month before harvest after all. According to the breeders description this plant should have been done awhile ago. But still it lives on refusing to give up the ghost. I am being impatient but will stay the course till I see more amber trichs or more hairs turning red. Which these are not. At least most of them haven't. It is much frostier, though, and pretty pungent and somewhat sticky. Should be better than the last round with this strain. Which wasn't good. My temps have been around 82-88 with RH at 55%. Flushing every few days. We'll see how she is but the home stretch is taking longer than anticipated. Thanks.

Well last week for this girl. I flushed her for the last time and it will be lites out come this Tuesday. Will harvest for sure Thursday. More hairs (little more than half) are turning red and withering and trichs are almost all cloudy with some amber throughout. So I will try to post some pics but by this time next week she'll be hanging. I know that sounds kind of gruesome. Been enjoying some Blue Himalayan Diesel this morning that I grew. I highly recommend it. Will also post some pics if your interested.

Well I harvested on that thurs. as promised and let it dry for about 4 days then jarred it up for curing. Took some pics but not sure I will post unless you want to see it. Dry weight was around 3/4 oz mostly trimmed. She is fairly sticky and smells great. I had a taste of some lower bud and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the buzz. Its gonna be good when finished curing I think. Already got a northern light sprouted in my peat pellet and will transfer to hemp bucket in a couple of weeks. No journal for that one, though.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom