Northern Lights In A Hempy Bucket - Flowering

SMOKE REPORT!! Well its the moment you've all been waiting for. The official smoke report for the Royal Queen's Northern Lights Feminized Autoflower. After harvest, the plant went through the usual drying process and then a week of jarring with an hour each day of open lid to insure no molding. Now the jarred buds are stored and curing just waiting for me to open the lid and select a bud or two for enjoyment and relaxtion. Indeed this bud is good or should I say great? I have noticed that the longer it cures the better the smoke and the more intense the high seem to get. The smell is somewhat mild and the taste is somewhat non-descip. When I pinch a bit of bud it smells a little like citrus and pine, I guess. The taste seems to be more minty but very subtle and not harsh at all. Very smooth smoke for sure. The buds seem to be tighter and more compact than other strains I have grown in the past. Full of red hairs throughout, it's also a bit of a paler green. Upon closer examination one can seen it is also very frosty. It burns well and after one bowl I felt like this was going to be sorta like a creeper. That one bowl of maybe 5 or 6 good hits gave me a heady feeling of relaxion and a little body high. A second bowl sent me soaring into a very heady and spacey stone with much more of a body high. More than 2 bowls for me can produce a couch like state that will end with the need for a nap or a good nights sleep. All in all I am really really impressed with this classic strain and would definelty grow it again. It will fuck you up with a good deep spacy stone if you smoke enough of it and it was not too difficult to grow. I already have a sprout on my next grow which is Dinafem's Blue Widow which was also a free seed. Hoping for similiar results as well but we'll see. Thanks for all ya'lls support and comments.

Hello smokemup in the land down under. Really nice shot of yer NL. Gotta love those heady hefty buds. Trying to find time to do the final weight and smoke report. Soon though. Already germinated my next one, Dinafems Blue Widow. Waiting for it to sprout. Thanks for looking.

HI Morty, Thanks for the props on my bud! Yeah she was nice and dense by harvest but she needed little longer as when bought my new microscope i noticed the Trichs were actually only just turning amber!! And i wanted to let her go longer to see if the buds would fill out some more, but she started showing slight nute prob, nothin major but i didnt want her dyin so i flushed her and let her dry, then hung her up.. I got 8 oz of nice dry tops with bit of small popcorn buds.. Ive had my main cola curing for 2 months n its a nice smoke atm, i chopped off a bud yestday n she smells n tastes great, with a nice head high.. Gives you little body stone too but you get a heavy head on this! So it not too bad.. That Blue Widow sounds pretty tuff, let us kno how the stone is!!! Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

HI Morty, Thanks for the props on my bud! Yeah she was nice and dense by harvest but she needed little longer as when bought my new microscope i noticed the Trichs were actually only just turning amber!! And i wanted to let her go longer to see if the buds would fill out some more, but she started showing slight nute prob, nothin major but i didnt want her dyin so i flushed her and let her dry, then hung her up.. I got 8 oz of nice dry tops with bit of small popcorn buds.. Ive had my main cola curing for 2 months n its a nice smoke atm, i chopped off a bud yestday n she smells n tastes great, with a nice head high.. Gives you little body stone too but you get a heavy head on this! So it not too bad.. That Blue Widow sounds pretty tuff, let us kno how the stone is!!! Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Some people say when it just starts turning amber is a perfect time to harvest but its up to the grower to decide. I know some that harvest when the trichs are 100% cloudy and some wait til its 50/50 cloudy/amber. My cola was about 40% amber but the rest of the plant may have been 20% amber when harvested. I too, could have waited perhaps a little longer but I am most pleased with the results so all is good. Congrats on 8oz. that is a great yield. And we'll see about the blue widow. Right now she looks less than stellar. Shes starting to bend over. Her stem is real purple. Not sure what that means if anything.

Thanks Morty!!, yeah i wanted to harvest about say 30% amber, but oh well.. Cheers for liking my yield, is 8 oz ok for a 5 ft plant? I keep seeing ppl's massive buds n think shit they must have got pounds!! Im hoping sum new girls gimme least 8 oz, considering some lower branches were less developed than middle/top due to shading issue i had, but thats all sorted! In regard to your new B/widow, the purple stem is fine, mine's bright purple atm, Is she bending for light, do you have anything reflecting light on one side more than the other? Hope she comes bak to life for ya. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Thanks Morty!!, yeah i wanted to harvest about say 30% amber, but oh well.. Cheers for liking my yield, is 8 oz ok for a 5 ft plant? I keep seeing ppl's massive buds n think shit they must have got pounds!! Im hoping sum new girls gimme least 8 oz, considering some lower branches were less developed than middle/top due to shading issue i had, but thats all sorted! In regard to your new B/widow, the purple stem is fine, mine's bright purple atm, Is she bending for light, do you have anything reflecting light on one side more than the other? Hope she comes bak to life for ya. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Thanks yeah the light and reflection is fine. I just worry alot but I think she is good. Next couple of days will say for sure. Yeah 8 oz. is great for any size plant in my opinion. Cant beat that with a stick. Thanks for your comments.

Yeah im watching over my lil girls atm too.. One is doin a little better than her sister so she may get pulled soon. Just focus on the one girl again. Ive discovered my soil is a little too aerated atm, not holding water that well, but hopefuly thatll change once her roots grow. All the best with ur grow. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom